Heritage wanted in DC area

Coytee

Though not by me [:P]

We have a forum member who works at his job (unlike myself [:$])

He'll be around here soon enough.

He's looking for a pair of ... well... he's a bit undecided I think, though I'm probably putting words into his mouth.

He's looking to buy a pair of Belle's to surprise his wife with. What is a decent price for them nowdays?

Also, he's just remembered that his wife use to move things around and shove their speakers into their CORNERS... hmmmmmmm

Me thinks she's onto something here?

I'm goading him about looking at Khorns and his recollection of his wife doing that has now got him doing second thoughts on the Belle's in lieu of Khorns.

Would anyone who's had/heard both (I haven't) please take a moment to describe the pros/cons of the Khorn over the Belle.

1. Price

2. Space

3. Sonics

4. Room impact

5. Wow factor

6. Choices of finishes

7. Bose bashing ability (just had to stick that in for fun)

8. Any other meaningful thoughts

I'm trying to think of some things he might want to consider so any other relevant thoughts would be welcome I'm sure.

Oh, I think his wife is the music lover per se', in the family, he also has some MC-30's getting tweeked by DeWick so he has some good amps.

[:D]

Edit: I'm also trying to extole the virtues of a Peach/Blueberry

I have both, I can give my opinion on a few things, for what it is worth

Though not by me [:P]

We have a forum member who works at his job (unlike myself [:$])

He'll be around here soon enough.

He's looking for a pair of ... well... he's a bit undecided I think, though I'm probably putting words into his mouth.

He's looking to buy a pair of Belle's to surprise his wife with. What is a decent price for them nowdays?

Also, he's just remembered that his wife use to move things around and shove their speakers into their CORNERS... hmmmmmmm

Me thinks she's onto something here?

I'm goading him about looking at Khorns and his recollection of his wife doing that has now got him doing second thoughts on the Belle's in lieu of Khorns.

Would anyone who's had/heard both (I haven't) please take a moment to describe the pros/cons of the Khorn over the Belle.

1. Price - I paid $2k for the Belles, $2500 for the Khorns, Belles 9 of 10, Khorns 9.5 of 10

2. Space - The Belles actually take more floor space at least in my room, the Khorns literally disappear when in the corners

3. Sonics - In a large room the Khorns without a doubt

4. Room impact - Not sure I know what kind of response you are looking for here

5. Wow factor - Both have great visuals, both can make your jaw drop

6. Choices of finishes - I have oiled oak K's and oiled walnut belles, really would depend on existing furniture

7. Bose bashing ability (just had to stick that in for fun) - no comment [:)]

8. Any other meaningful thoughts - If he has corners, go with the Khorns, the Belle placement can be a little finicky, at least in my room and my experience. I by no means am any kind of expert. My ears are my only judge. As of yet no other audio people have heard my system in the new room.

I'm trying to think of some things he might want to consider so any other relevant thoughts would be welcome I'm sure.

Oh, I think his wife is the music lover per se', in the family, he also has some MC-30's getting tweeked by DeWick so he has some good amps.

[:D]

Edit: I'm also trying to extole the virtues of a Peach/Blueberry

All the above is nothing more than my experience and my opinion.

Jack

i have both as well. khorns have a range that the belles do not. i think it is no contest. they really do not take up much space in the corners. if he has the corners, buy khorns. the belles have been selling high since they were discontinued and you can actually purchase khorns for less than i have seen belles sell for. go figure.

I would go with Khorns based on the criteria presented, assuming the room corners are right. As for wood finish, different woods mix and match quite nicely again assuming that the woods are quality and finished well. Check out my pic in best show on tv http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/8/797352/ShowThread.aspx#797352. The Forte II's are oak, the chair is walnut, the floor is oak, and just in the right side is the edge of an entertainment center in cherry. I can assure you that no one would walk into the room and say damn, these woods look terrible together. Find a pair in nice cosmetic condition and you are set.