HT Front Shot

IndyKlipschFan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the enjoyment aspect we are, nothing like "Finding Nemo," on the big screen through a kids eyes... OH MY!!

I got a few phone calls today, and so did my wife from friends... Can your hubby help us with our HT too... hehehehehe See, the wives liked it also.

And any of you can do this to some degree too. Trust me, include the other half in the process, explain why this and that will make a difference... You will be glad you did.

• Moderators

Michael those pictures are great, lighting like that must be hard to deal with.

Indy after looking at the first pic of the stage area it's hard to tell how big it is, but after looking at the view from the stage with people in there it looks much bigger, looks very comfortable.

You should be very happy it looks great. And to think you can visit there any time you want, always open.

That is a FINE looking and VERY WELL executed HT! You indeed

have a right to be proud! It makes me wish I could dedicate a room to only HT,

we may get close but it wont EVER look like that! WELL DONE!!

Michael, you are indeed being modest, as a serious amateur

photog, I know how hard it is to shoot into lights, PHOTOSHOP OR NOT! Another

great job by a serious professional!

Everyone loves the ticket booth. My daughter loves to play money taker.. hahahahaha

Indy: What makes you think she is playing? LOL! [;)]

Coming over after the dinner next year sounds excellent! I know that Verna would love to see your place, too. Should I bring Mike Illitch? ......just kidding! [;)]

Have you tried viewing any of 'Pearl Harbor' yet? The explosions during "First Attack" are stupendously loud and low!

Michael: Thanks for the hint. I hope I can figure that out. We did some of that stuff in college....you know...eons ago! [;)]

Here's the 'secret' Picky.

Put camera on tripod, in this case it was just behind and over the tops of chairs to give person's eye view.

Using a white card, set the custom white balance in camera. This is so the colors of the curtain, carpet, etc are faithfully recorded under the existing lighting. It's usually a mix of light sources so I find that taking the time to do a custom balance really helps.

Exposing for the room lighting, take one exposure. I use self-timer to avoid camera shake.

Immediately take another exposure with camera in EXACT SAME POSITION AND ZOOM, this time exposing for the screen.

Then in photoshop, make and fine tune exposure adjustments, and combine the two, creating a layer mask for the screen exposure. I also used the patch tool to cover up the 'pause' icon onscreen, but you could use rubber stamp to do the same thing.

Michael

Michael:

I know very little about photography and what differentiates (sp?) a good picture from a great picture, but I have never seen a picture like the one with the projector.

It's so life like that it made my eyes hurt (just as if I was standing there in person and staring directly into the light)

Very fine work, my friend!!!

....and Roger, your HT is just OK. [;)]

JJ

Yes he did../ He was the main oooo and ahh guy... He has known me since I was all of 13 years old riding my bike all the way down to Hi Fi Buys as a kid. In those days they treated you with respect, as some people collected baseball cards... I collected stereo gear facts in my head. They used to get a kick out of me, I was respectful but on many occasions if there was a new guy it was like ask the kid.. Hey Roger.. tell him about a so and so...LOL.. I loved it, and they got a kick out of it too.

I say this out of respect. In the olden days they treated customers especially good ones like friends trying to educate and let you see and hear the differences too. When I was 16, I worked part of a summer at a gas station full service with no air conditioning.. 2 full service and 2 self serve pumps. we had to 2 wash car bays... All this by myself.. 9 am till 6pm monday to thursday. I do not claim it was impossible work, but I was busy... and hot. I made 680 dollars.. and I spent 640 on my Heresy's I still own to this day. Still in use..and LOVE EM!

Yes, I was hooked! Still am!!