My Jubilee adventure

dhtman

Jeff, you've got a pm.

I think the choice is black or perhaps unfinished. My understanding is, they WILL "unfinish" them if they know up front.

I called about doing that (so my wife could paint them or something) and was told I needed to go back to the original purchase order and they (at the factory) needed it in writing.

I decided to drop the idea

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

whoo hoo...

welcome dhtman!!!

4 of us now (including 6foot8 even though he has the 3-way [6])

They need to get our own forum so we can talk behind everyone elses back!!

"yo...dude... you hear about the guy with the ionovac??"

Then again, might get lonely with only 4 of us [8-)]

[:D]

well dtjman (dem thar jubs man),

congrats on getting your babies on order. if there is anything i can do to help (or mess up), let me know. you going active filter?

blueberry roy

ps. anyone know what happened to miketn? does he know to leave his jam room once in a while and get some sun?

Hey Roy![:)]

Still around just real busy at work and just got back from a trip to up state New York (and my first trip into New York City, WOW!!!) then Connecticut where we did some sight seeing at Long Island Sound (Again WOW!!! never knew there were houses built in the middle of the Atlantic!!!)

Roy one thing is for sure I don't get enough time with the Jubilees (Having to work seems to be the biggest obstacle for me![:D])

Roy I also did alot of bragging on you to dhtman! (I'm pretty sure that is why he is buying the Jubilees and maybe a little bit is because of what I had to say about the Jubilee's Sound)[;)]

mike tn[:)]

you know what's funny? work keeps me from jamming on my system...........go figure......

you know that coyotee-o is one up on you (recruiting jub owners) although it sounds like you had an assist with nabbing this future jub owner. let me tell you a little secret......there might be a fifth soon..........................

whoo hoo...

welcome dhtman!!!

well dtjman (dem thar jubs man),

congrats on getting your babies on order. if there is anything i can do to help (or mess up), let me know. you going active filter?

blueberry roy

ps. anyone know what happened to miketn? does he know to leave his jam room once in a while and get some sun?

Hey Roy![:)]

Still around just real busy at work and just got back from a trip to up state New York (and my first trip into New York City, WOW!!!) then Connecticut where we did some sight seeing at Long Island Sound (Again WOW!!! never knew there were houses built in the middle of the Atlantic!!!)

Roy one thing is for sure I don't get enough time with the Jubilees (Having to work seems to be the biggest obstacle for me![:D])

Roy I also did alot of bragging on you to dhtman! (I'm pretty sure that is why he is buying the Jubilees and maybe a little bit is because of what I had to say about the Jubilee's Sound)[;)]

mike tn[:)]

you know what's funny? work keeps me from jamming on my system...........go figure......

you know that coyotee-o is one up on you (recruiting jub owners) although it sounds like you had an assist with nabbing this future jub owner. let me tell you a little secret......there might be a fifth soon..........................

Hey Roy

This really reminds me of the begining of the Klipschorn were a few were made in the early years but as the sound began to be talked about and heard around the world next thing you know the Klipschorn is in it's 60th Year and So I hope this is the begining for the Jubilee also because The Reproduction Of Sound it Offers is in a class of it's own in my opinion!!!

Anyway lets all keep planting the Jubilee Seeds!!![:)]

mike tn

Richard, that $500 hasn't arrived yet. Should have gotten here by now! :)

Mike, thanks for your comments, your input sure helped a lot.

Sorry for the delay in responding here, I've been away enjoying some great Colorado hospitality and the wonderful Rocky Mountain Audiofest.

I had the opportunity to meet Mr Juicy Music (Mark Deneen) and hear his wonderful electronics. He was using a pair of RF-52s (which I haven't heard before) and they made a delightful sound that put most of the audiophile drek at the show to shame. Long live kick-*** audio!

mega cool - what does your wife think of the future speakers?

Well, I worked on it! I gave her the full story first - PWK's last design, not officially sold to individuals, very rare and special, etc. I also showed her some pics of some real ugly speakers (Wilsons, etc) too before showing her the pics that Richard posted here.

She's a musician, with good ears, and knows that audio that looks good rarely sounds good. And the Jubs will look better than the enclosures I built for a pair of 12" Tannoy drivers I'm currently using. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

whoo hoo...

welcome dhtman!!!

Coytee,

I thought you were a nice guy?[;)] If you don't stop being ugly I'm going to tell Amy, then you can have your own forum and I guarantee you will be lonely![;)]

Just kidding, congrats dhtman and welcome.

I thought you were a nice guy?[;)] If you don't stop being ugly I'm going to tell Amy, then you can have your own forum and I guarantee you will be lonely![;)]

Amy has already disowned me by evidently taking me off the Newsletter list.. [:P]

Would it be approprate to tell her to kiss my Klipsch? [:o] [;)] [:P]

[au].........[st].................[st].[st]..................[:@] (Amy chasing me, fist clenched & waiving in air, throwing lightning bolts at me from above)

Ya know...as I was thinking about what words to use above, another vision came into my mind that perhaps only Klipsch people could love...

cut to a comedian type show...say, Don Rickles, I can just imagine him saying how his mother in laws mouth is so big, she makes a K401 seem mute...

or, his ex-wifes butt is so big, IT makes the K402 seem absolutely sublime...

ya... Amy (and Don) better watchout, I'm getting my ammunition ready!

I expect to be on the Lenno show anytime now with this kind of material...

• Moderators

Coytee please spare us. You better stick to your day job for now.[;)] At least until you get a little better comic material.

BTW, don't feel so bad. Dtel, dtel's niece, dtel's future son-in-law, dtel's daughter and dtel's baby girl all got the newsletter.[:o] I didn't get the newsletter.[*-)]

BTW, dtel's future-son-in-law will have to change his screen name after December 9, 2006. That's the day of the big triple wedding!!![8][^][<:o)]

I will be posting a thread under General Questions shortly so as not to hijack this thread.

Talk about favorites. Maybe it's a "conspiracy" or a secret newsletter.

Hey, maybe the newsletter is actually "a secret forum" and we aren't invited.[:$]

Coytee, are the Bengals and Saints playing today. I know the Saints are playing but I wasn't sure what team they were playing.

Geaux Saints......I have been a die hard fan since the team was first formed. Even through the "bag head" days!!!

Coytee please spare us. You better stick to your day job for now.[;)] At least until you get a little better comic material.

[:(] same thing my wife says...

Coytee, are the Bengals and Saints playing today. I know the Saints are playing but I wasn't sure what team they were playing.

Yes, I do belive they do

Geaux Saints......I have been a die hard fan since the team was first formed. Even through the "bag head" days!!!

And I've been a fan of Bengals from their day of inception (Dad would take me to their games) Seems we're closer kin than previously thought... takes some backbone to stay a fan, even through a 'couple' (cough) down years huh?