Idea for Klipsch Co.

Coytee

Nope...sadly, Mr. New Klipsch Employee, you misinterpreted me.

My walk through the store showed the Klipsch display to be sitting over to the side, quiet as a mouse. No one was whispering not even ...well crud, I've already used mouse. You get my idea.

No, it was when I was leaving that I was thinking... " ya know, it'd be SO cool to bring the Jubilees down here and show these people just what Klipsch is capable of"

After immediately putting THAT idea to rest, I then realized, maybe Klipsch could do it as part of a road show. I even envisioned myself walking around the show, eating their free popcorn.

[:D]

Many of the dealers are Best Buys stores...no? Lots of large parking lots with plenty of space, and probably even temporary space in doors.

Lots of traffic in and out of those stores.

Maybe things could be shipped and the so-called traveling road show could be the local radio station appearing at Best Buy for a Saturday of Klipsch?

Home Depot does outside shows quite frequently at new stores to include free burgers, soda's and hotdogs.

Having managed a small retail store (5 million quarterly sales) in one of my past lives, I can tell you that existing store assigned sales staff are already stretched pretty thin. Management expectations of store staff is often both customer assistance while stocking the store.

Incentives work very well. Either a rebate directly to the customer, or a spiff to the employee who makes a sale amoung one of the select targeted products.

And all this time Richard I thought it was me pushing my love for the Jubs that made you dive in[:o]

This is a great idea Richard but I think it should be a truck big enough to carry a set of each Heritage speaker, false corners and front end setup for say a SET system, push pull (tubes with balls) and then say some big Crown or NAD SS to shoot the gamet between where one could go with any given pair of Heritage speakers[;)]

I know for one it would be a dream job for me and with Michael's roadie experience and say Dr. Who's youth these guys might just sell everything through Demo that Hope could produce[8]

I think it should be a truck big enough to carry a set of each Heritage speaker, false corners and front end setup for say a SET system, push pull (tubes with balls) and then say some big Crown or NAD SS to shoot the gamet between where one could go with any given pair of Heritage speakers[;)]

I wholeheartedly agree with that. Full lineup..

IN fact, it makes me wonder something

If it WAS outside, just for conversation purposes...

If you had Khorns facing one direction in false corners. If you then put LaScalas facing the OPPOSITE direction so the listening area for each was directly opposing, would that be enough seperation for when they flexed the muscles?

I'd think they'd have to have them all fired up, rather than "Khorns at 1:00" followed by Heresey's at 2:30

Listen to us, we're already setting it up...(us?)

[:P]

Did someone say OB...............I'll take the NorthEastern Swing of the Klipsch on Wheels Tour.!!!!!!!Yeah baby.....Beer....Babes....and Big Speakers.......yahoo.......anyone who pre-orders Klipschorns or Jubilee's gets a free Lap Dance.........Cold Beer......Rock Music.........Mobile Heaven if you will...........Sign Me Up........

It might actually be an incredible idea. I work for an auto manufacturer and we do it all the time in spring/summer. We call it guerrilla marketing. Buy mailing lists of potential customers with right demograpics from (numerous) companies who sell these all the time. Mail out direct mail marketing pieces, put up flyers or ads in college newspapers, local papers, classified papers, etc., set up at a: ball park parking lot, college campus, etc., etc. then turn the guys in the truck loose.

I think it should be a truck big enough to carry a set of each Heritage speaker, false corners and front end setup for say a SET system, push pull (tubes with balls) and then say some big Crown or NAD SS to shoot the gamet between where one could go with any given pair of Heritage speakers[;)]

I wholeheartedly agree with that. Full lineup..

IN fact, it makes me wonder something

If it WAS outside, just for conversation purposes...

If you had Khorns facing one direction in false corners. If you then put LaScalas facing the OPPOSITE direction so the listening area for each was directly opposing, would that be enough seperation for when they flexed the muscles?

I'd think they'd have to have them all fired up, rather than "Khorns at 1:00" followed by Heresey's at 2:30

Listen to us, we're already setting it up...(us?)

[:P]

Actually a full semi-rig with drop downs on both sides with a full height wall down the center. The wall could be standard 2x4 construction with insulation and sound-board instead of wall-board sheathing (with Klipsch logs, ads etc).

One side K-horns and Jubiliees.....the other side "all that lessor stuff" as Coytee refers to us folks of more "umble origins, m'Lord"

Each side would play the same source to ensure synch and allow folks to wander back and forth to "check it out". 10% discount for a "cash-deposit" on the spot sale! Cokes and bburgers...Two local djs on opposite sides "dueling".......GOOD TO GO>>>LETS ROLL!!!

....and plenty of cheerleader-dancing girls....maybe oldbuckster would be willing to travel with the troup and act as "dorm-mother" to the cherleaders[;)]?? I like this more everytime I hear it!![6]

It's ironic that you posted this. I came up with a similar idea and almost put it on paper and sent it to Klipsch but decided against it since they didn't really seem to care about my previous observations.[:o]

I thought with the lack of interest in the Heritage line by dealers it would be a great idea to form a campaign where they actually did a "Paul Klipsch--The Legend Tour." Without getting into too much detail:

1) Outline and post the Campaign locations and schedule (ala concert schedule)

2)Schedule a week at various Klipsch dealers where they would allow Klipsch personnel to set up Heritage displays and sell merchandise in a dedicated room.

3) Invite forum members to a special get together where they can bring their friends and potential customers--maybe even allow them to bring their own gear to show off.

4) Have regional semi trucks with merchandise available so customers can have the speakers they order within a week to 10 days.

5) Promote the genius of Paul Klipsch by having a slick promo movie about him being played on a continuous real on a monitor near the Temporary Heritage Room.

6) Make sure the targeted stores have their other Klipsch product displays and environments set up correctly.

7) Have the Brinks truck ready to take the Money to the bank.[;)]

Yes it is about passion and it is a 'grass roots' kind of company from what I see. They already do an annual #3 with the Pilgrimage. See how rabid we are about the products?

I don't know about the rest, we'll see if Amy takes it to Marketing. It'd be nice if someone from that group chimed in here. Or the thread about the logo merchandising.

Michael