My Top 10 List of Speakers

edwinr

So I finally made it. My final speaker in my revised Top 10 List. A very special speaker for me. I've spent many an hour listening to these babies. They play loud, up to 112db continuously if you want, and have a sweetness about them that many would find unusual in a speaker aimed more for the professional market. They can rock with the best of them, yet can play a violin concerto with consumate ease. Yes, they excell in the reproduction of the human voice as well. This speaker has a heavily braced inert cabinet with a high performance 25mm tweeter, featuring a silver voice coil, an ATC hand-built Super Linear Soft Domed SM75-150S mid range driver, and a Super Linear Magnet Systems 10 inch bass driver developed by ATC. The Active SCM 50 has a built in 350watt proprietary Tri channel amplifier, with Grounded Source® topology produces 50watts to HF driver, 100 watts to Mid driver and 200 watts to Bass. Featuring independent power supplies to each channel, and operating in ultra low distortion, Class A mode up to 2/3rds maximum output. All you need to drive these speakers is a high quality tube preamplifier capable of driving the speakers in the preferred balanced mode. I love 'em...

post-15368-13819317567766_thumb.jpg

So my revised Top 10 List for those that can't be bothered going back through this thread is as follows:

1. BBC LS 3/5a

2. Klipsch La Scala

3. Harbeth Monitor 40

4. Klipschorn

5. Martin Logan Summit

6. Avantgarde Duo

7. B&W 802D

8. Dynaudio Special 25

9. Wilson Audio Sophia

10. ATC SCM50

As you guys are aware, while posting this thread, I have an inordinate number of glitches. A few very naughty members of this Forum have requested a TOP 10 List of glitches. Now I don't know how Amy will look at this, but here goes. If the thread gets locked, it gets locked...

My number 1 favorite is...

I'm a little late to this party. That'll do for glitches, thanks edwinr!

LOL!

Hi Amy. I was very disappointed you didn't jump on the glitches sooner! If you want I'm more than happy to take them out. I think those that have seen them don't need to dwell on them. I responded to considerable pressure from my Forum colleagues to provide an altenative Top 10 [:D] In fact if I take out the take the last 10 plus those that are in the last couple of pages in which I discuss my revised Top 10 that will give a nice clean finish to this thread. Could you please then delete those posts that I have amended.

Kind regards,

Edwin.