OT: Movies that scared the cr@p out of you...

flannj

"All the gory BS with tomato juice blood and a la Texas Chainsaw Massacre is hilariously poor commedy to me"

My friends and I laughed all the way through 'The Omen', I was worried they might throw us out.

Has anyone seen the directors cut of 'Fatal Attraction'? I hear Glen Close kills Anne Archer, and Michael Douglas is convicted for it.

• Moderators

Dark Night of the Scarecrow for me... pretty decent for a "made for TV" horror movie when I was about 10. Scared the poo outta me.

The Shining, also saw it way before I should have....

And a very campy The Thing with Two Heads that was shown on our local Friday Night Fright theater (anyone in Indy remember Sammy Terry??), also freaked me out quite nicely.

Willie Wonka (Gene Wilder version), when the German kid got sucked up the chocolate tube....

Fini,

Blood feast? Now that looks like primo material for nightmares.

Oh, yeah. In that scene, the girl has just gotten her tongue hacked out, and she's writhing around. That shot was in the preview! The trailer I saw started with a guy in a suit, telling the audience that if anyone has a heart condition, they should go to the lobby immediately. Part way through the trailer, my Dad must have noticed I was kinda freaking out, because he put his hand over my eyes.

Not movies but:

Dr Who - with tom Baker as the Doctor and foot long Maggots spewing Green slime scared the crap out of every child in England at the time. I didnt sleep in my own bed for weeks after that - my poor parents.....

My second is actually a video game which I played at someone's house on a Playstation original.

It was a 3d shootemup first person game I cannot remember the name of (I think they made a film of it later). In one scene you enter a room and shoot some gruesome zombie or somesuch. There is a mirror on the wall next to you. You walk into the room and the mirror suddenly shatters and this creature leaps through - a licker I think it was called.

They did this brilliantly - it quite scared the bejesus out of me. I think I was carrying a magnum pistol (in the game) and I emptied it into every part of the room in a panic - then it ate me.