Pilgrimage question

I talked to my wife today about the Klipsch pilgrimage. She seemed less than enthused. I then told her that we could incorporate the pilgrimage into visiting some close friends who live in Indiana.

I guess my question is, is the pilgrimage in Arkansas or Indiana? I really would like to attend this year, but probably would only be able to do so if its in Indiana.

Looks like my job for the next few months is to convince my wife that we should to go the pilgrimage 2007!

Anyone know if there's any cheap hotels in the area? Our friends that we'd visit live in Fort Wayne. That's a bit of a drive from Indy, isn't it?

Yes, it will be Indy.

Hope you can make it! Tell your wife there's a lot to do here [:)]

Amy

It would be great if my wife could make it to Indy next year. In the back of her mind, she is thinking it is at Hope and I will be going solo next year. I haven't talked to her about it.

Maybe this is covered in another post but is there a "preferred" Hotel for Klipsch BBS folks? Is there the "cat's meow" place to stay that my wife and son can have a ton of stuff to do? She is bigtime into the spa stuff on vacation.

jc

Yes, it will be Indy.

Hope you can make it! Tell your wife there's a lot to do here [:)]

Amy

It would be great if my wife could make it to Indy next year. In the back of her mind, she is thinking it is at Hope and I will be going solo next year. I haven't talked to her about it.

Maybe this is covered in another post but is there a "preferred" Hotel for Klipsch BBS folks? Is there the "cat's meow" place to stay that my wife and son can have a ton of stuff to do? She is bigtime into the spa stuff on vacation.

jc

That Holidome near Klipsch has the big entertainment center with pool and slides and all that. Is that what you're looking for or more the 'posh retreat' place where she can be pampered?

• Moderators

Amy

jc

Colter's right...the Holiday Inn Select may be the ticket. Others who stayed there a couple years ago can attest to the rooms, but they do have a wonderful indoor waterpark (go to this site and click on Amenities to see pics). To have access to the water park, I'm sure there's a special (more expensive) room rate, but I don't know what that is.

The hotel is within walking distance to Klipsch.

If she's looking for a more "foo-foo" place with a salon and spa, you'll probably need to travel a bit further. Let me know if you want me to do some digging (what she's looking for exactly, price range, etc).

• Moderators

Looks like my job for the next few months is to convince my wife that we should to go the pilgrimage 2007!

Anyone know if there's any cheap hotels in the area? Our friends that we'd visit live in Fort Wayne. That's a bit of a drive from Indy, isn't it?

There several hotels on this street--try searching for hotels, Indianapolis, Michigan Rd and I-465, and Pyramids (we're right by the Pyramid office buildings in Indy)--that should turn up some good results for you.

We'll be looking into hotels and group discounts as the date nears, so you might want to wait.

Ft Wayne is about a 2 hour drive from here.

• 2 weeks later...

2 days, but only 1 is officially sponsored by Klipsch. We usually have a "mixer" the night before where the forum members will rent large meeting rooms. People usually bring gear to listen to too. It's mostly just a social gathering and it gets everyone in town to prep for the early fesitivities with Klipsch the next day.

• Moderators

Who - Thanks. It's a bit of a hike, but I think we need to go. I'm anxious to see what the schedule will include, who's going and who's bringing what. We've only heard heritage speakers in my home so I desperately need to hear other's systems to compare.

Meagain,

It is an further "hike" from S. Mississippi but everything goes as planned we will be attending also.

If you can plan to spend a few extra days in Indy before the Pilgramage.

A few of us forum members actually arrived in Hope on Wednesday, even though the "mixer" wasn't until Friday night. That gave us a little extra time to spend with friends we had met on the forum. It also gave Trey a few extra hands setting up the "circus tent".[;)] Those guys looked like they knew what they were doing.

I wonder, how many of them had ever set up a "circus tent" before then?

Meeting everyone in Hope was a wonderful experience.

I sure hope you guys make it.