Pure madness Anybody in for a little challenge?

TheEAR

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soon yes,how soon? I am pondering what has become of the TC Sounds TheBEAST? I want TheBEAST more than the Gotham.

Four of the most capable TC Sounds super woofers and eight ubber displacement PR's = massive massive limitless depth and output in any size room. The TC Sounds LMS-5400 is pure sub goodness. I will have to build someting similar if TheBEAST does not apear for sale. I must own TC Sounds best. No way around it.

I am closer and closer to ordering a few TC-5200's 15 and 18" PR's and LMS-5400's. These are too damn sexy,kust looking at the pics I can hear them. Getting a Crown K2 locally and maybe two. I have to go all out this time and have a sub to end all subs(or what is realistic to this goal in a apartament!!!).

Long time I did not have an urge to DIY like this, And building a nice tank like MDF cabinets braced to the grills.

So TheEAR lives in an apartment.

Claims to have mucho subs but no pictures.

Subs make noise but he lives in an apartment.

This is the Internet so nothing is actually verified.

Well I did OK. When I first joined this forum TheEAR advised me to how wonderful the JL Audio subs were. Partly based on this I bought one. I have not regretted it at all.

By the end of this year I will have 30 subs at home! Yes THIRTY subwoofers. [:(]

How is that for overdoing it? Next year no less than four to five subs will be added.

Including the SVS PB2-Ultra,the micro SVS sub,HSU's VTF-3 HO/Turbo,JL Audio Gotham,TC SOunds surprise sub(supersub)and Seaton's SubMersive.

I tell y a something gonna give,and it is the floor. [:o]

All this for listening around 80-95dB [:D] talk about headroom

Why not just buy ONE Krell master sub? They go for around $28,000. But hey, you'll probly spend that much on 30 subs anyway. :P

Yes I do live in a APARTMENT...and your reason for doubting is the APARTMENT! LOL Please that is weak

This apartemnt has a structure 6-8 inch thick concrete on 20" of concrete beams....it is also as soundproof as it gets. That I live in a apartment tells little,did you know I prefer to live in a very secure large apartment than some house.Unless you own a high ticket house in Westmount worth over 2 million dollars what I saw in the 400-$500000 range is cheaply built.I mean to each his choice.

OK everyone. I have seen and I believe.

theEAR sent me pics of his equipment.......................................his sound equipment.

He has a room filled with equipment including many subs. It is impressive.

.....i don't know but I beleive that it is possible to have too much of a good thing.

Apparently the sound from his subs stirs his coffee rather than using a spoon.

I did notice quite a few cracked window glasses and mirrors.

.............too much of a good thing.

Thanks for the pics EAR.

Roc,

I will send more pics your way...and better looking ones.With more...subs andspeakers..and my new project...DIY.New pics today I have to snap and upoad some. When you see how densly packed it can get you will probably think,this guy flipped on this cranium.

What you saw is only part of it all. Some people wonder why I do not post in open forums..all my gear. Well I prefer remaining ...a mystery and even if some(many)think I may be full of it.

It'd be fun if it were high Xmax, but nope, 2.5mm

http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?cart_id=2723600.7674&pid=364

Way overpriced as well.

$2500 for this giant diameter...with a linear as impressive as a midrange! Yes it is huge but ...that is all.

For under $2500 I get dual TC Sounds TC-3000 15" woofers and dual LMS-5400 15" woofers.That is FOUR massive 15" woofers that will murder the Fostex indisplacement down deep.

And in sealed boxes youcan use these to build a poorman's Krell MRS clone,al the output(and maybe more)witout the box or electronics class Krell is known for.

I will first build a dual TC-3000 opposed sealed sub.Similar to Kramskoi and later whenTC Sounds has them for same order dual LMS-5400 18" again to build an opposed driver sealed monster.The first project sub should be aroyund 250lbs and the one based on dual LMS-5400 around the 300lbs mark. Fun fun fun with capabilities only a deaf madman could begin to push. Krow K2 power and maybe I will get the Velodyne 1250W RMS sub for thier contractor series for a smaller project using one TC-5200 18".