Won Cornwalls, in Doghouse

horn player

I just won a set of mint, one owner, McIntosh driven Walnut Cornwall I speakers (1979) on Ebay for 709.00, within reasonable driving distance from where I live. I didn't even mention it to my wife because I was sure someone would outbid me. Just a month or so back, a pair of 1977 Cornwalls went for over 200 more than these in about the same location in VA. Did the 1979 Cornwalls have alnico drivers?

Thanks!

Congrats...Those the ones in Virginia Beach? One owner, CWO's? They looked nice. If you need some time to break it to the wife, I could store them for you for a while. I'm just outside Baltimore. [;)] Don't worry, she will get over it and find something else to get on you about.

Thanks for all your comments - I'll be picking them up tomorrow. On the way home, I'll be stopping by Zales.............

Smart man, diamonds are a wonderous thing.

Oh jeez what a trap, fostered by the diamond cartel. Why is it that the oil cartel gets the bad press when the diamond cartel is just as evil?

Thanks for all your comments - I'll be picking them up tomorrow. On the way home, I'll be stopping by Zales.............

Smart man, diamonds are a wonderous thing.

Oh jeez what a trap, fostered by the diamond cartel. Why is it that the oil cartel gets the bad press when the diamond cartel is just as evil?

Because diamonds (jewelry) can get you out of trouble. Don't know about the why's.

Hello Everyone,

I just got back from picking up the Cornwalls - I don't know if you all saw these on Ebay, but they were one owner and had sat in the same spot since new (1979). You would have to see these to believe them - they look brand new. The original owner, a retired EE, took imaculate care of these and had regularly applied Homer Formby linseed oil. All the edges are straight as an arrow, even on the risers. I can't believe there were only two bids on them. The owner spent a good two plus hours helping me pack and load them. All I have to worry about now are the two cats....

As an added bonus, the owner also sold me the one owner McIntosh MA 6100 amp that has driven these since new. It too, was immaculate - looked brand new and I got the complete set of manuals with it. I passed on the McIntosh tuner, which was very hard to do, but I didn't want to have to make a second trip to Zales....

I'm one happy camper!!!!!

Hello Everyone,

As an added bonus, the owner also sold me the one owner McIntosh MA

6100 amp that has driven these since new. It too, was immaculate -

looked brand new and I got the complete set of manuals with it. I

passed on the McIntosh tuner, which was very hard to do, but I

didn't want to have to make a second trip to Zales....

I'm one happy camper!!!!!

I heard somewhere that a McIntosh MA-6100 was a good match for Cornwalls.

All I have to worry about now are the two cats....

Same here. Although one of our cats is declawed. Our cat with claws (Shadow) has left the speaker grills alone so far on the 3 sets of Klipsch towers I have. I told my wife that if he ever causes even the slightest snag in one of them its bye bye claws for him!