Colterphoto1 in Nawlins...

IndyKlipschFan

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's 7:30 am here. Joey (one of our young grooms) is off to work, Sister Joni just got up, and 6 year old Buddy snuck out of Elden and Christy's room where he slept ('cos I have his room this week).

I'm typing and he asks if I want to help put ornaments on the tree. Most of them are at 4' and under because Buddy's been busy. So I go over and help him with a couple. He looks up at me and says 'you know when you do things for Christmas, it makes the Christmas Spirit go higher' and he raises his hands to the sky to illustrate. Then he hands me this little bulldozer ornament with a guy in hardhat- I think it's Builder Bob or something like that he corrects me 'it's Bob the Builder- I have two of them, do you want one?"

Just imagine the rest......I wasn't even going to put up a tree this year....

M

Michael,

It sounds like you are having a great time, I am glad to know that someone can come to our neck of the woods and really enjoy himself. I have been super busy otherwise I would have gotten together with ya'll by now. I have your number and will try to call later, I realize you may be busy today with the fitting. I hope you continue to have a good time, and spread the good cheer.

Jay

Oyster Po-Boys at Uglesich's for lunch!

Or a messy RB Po-Boy from that nasty little grocery on Magazine down in the Garden District. Sorry, forgot the name.

Ohhhh-ohhh-oooh, Parasol's in the Irish Channel.

Too many good choices; so little time.

It's 7:30 am here. Joey (one of our young grooms) is off to work, Sister Joni just got up, and 6 year old Buddy snuck out of Elden and Christy's room where he slept ('cos I have his room this week).

I'm typing and he asks if I want to help put ornaments on the tree. Most of them are at 4' and under because Buddy's been busy. So I go over and help him with a couple. He looks up at me and says 'you know when you do things for Christmas, it makes the Christmas Spirit go higher' and he raises his hands to the sky to illustrate. Then he hands me this little bulldozer ornament with a guy in hardhat- I think it's Builder Bob or something like that he corrects me 'it's Bob the Builder- I have two of them, do you want one?"

Just imagine the rest......I wasn't even going to put up a tree this year....

M

Christmas time just warms my heart. Soak it all in Michael...enjoy.[{]

Oyster Po-Boys Weat Uglesich's for lunch!

Or a messy RB Po-Boy from that nasty little grocery on Magazine down in the Garden District. Sorry, forgot the name.

Ohhhh-ohhh-oooh, Parasol's in the Irish Channel.

We ate at Cooter Browns by the levee - shared Muffalata, seafood, cheese fries, hot sausage and seafood Po-boy. MMMMMMMM I got to get me some o dat laweeezeeeana spices.

Getting suited up for the rehersal right now. Wish me LUCK

Michael

I'm tired.

we aint' even started yet Elden! - but I feel like I've eaten all the salt east of the Mississippi!

two hours of rehersal and dinner and you can be sound asleep in front of the tv.

Michael

HEY! did you all pass out?

Nope did not pass out. Did a few last minute things then died for the night. I am the only one up right now. House looks like a refugee camp. People asleep in corners , and two grown adults on a single mattress. It is so cute! Oops not the only one awake seems like the youngest (6 months)in the house is waking up, feeding time! Oh well so much for the quiet.

I hope everyone reading this has a great day!

• Moderators

That sums up our feelings exactly.

The big day is here. If Michael isn't totally exhausted when this is over we are heading to the French Quarter tonight. It will be his first taste of Bourbon Street's night life. Should we bring the defibrilator?

Our thanks to all of you for supporting us this week.

The girls (Jamie, Alicia, and Christy) presented me with a gift last night. A ceramic tile plaque with the slogan "It's a rare person who can take care of HEARTS while they take care of BUSINESS. Hugs all around for the Dtel girls.

This morning Dtel's sister Joni counted 21 people in the house . While ironing my shirt (light starch) I joked to Elden that that was 10ft2 per person, no wonder it was crowded. Looks like a hurricane went through here and I can say that because I know what that looks like now.

Took some photos of the MRE's and Eldon in his shop this morning. Then Joey came in and prepped a fishing rod. Soon there were 2 grooms, nephew Brandon (only 13 and plays 'Stairway') friend of the family Mark, and little Buddy out fishing in the pond. In like 5 minutes I took as many photos and saw them snag 2 nice bass using crickets and minnows. Catch and release of course. Elden's Mom Joy said 'if they were real rednecks, they clean and eat those fish and skip the wedding!' She's a hoot and not afraid to speak her mind. I've taken plenty of photos of guys golfing, playing pool, even go-cart racing on the morning of the wedding, but never fishing.

The girls are at the hair salon right now. Might take a bit- they have the THICKEST hair. And no I didn't go with them. They did offer to roll up my curls for me though.

So just hanging and posting, got bags packed for home- sans one 'play clothes' outfit. We'll come back to the house to change after the reception around 10, then head to the quarter. To save driving, they're going to drop me at the airport then. It could be 2 am, could be 5. I leave at 7 am, so next transmission should be from my Indy home sometime Sunday afternoon.

One day to recover

I start at Klipsch on Tuesday.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Michael

Wedding went well. Everyone totally shagged out here. Some asleep already. I don't know if we're going to make the Quarter tonight or not. Plan is to do the Quarter then drop me at the airport whenever. I have to be in line at 5 for 7 am flight back to Indy.

The Dtels (every one of them) have been an awesome host family. It was really neat to not only photograph the special day for three couples, but to really have a chance to get to know them WELL after staying at their home all week.

M