spoke with local pawn broker today

joessportster

couldnt beleive what he had to say, i was enquireing about hi-fi gear and he proceeded to tell me he has several cd players and a few mini systems etc... i stopped him and explained i meannt real hi fi you know good amps , pre's seperate components includeing tubes, he replies..... that junk has fallen by the way side, it isnt worth anything, he wont take it when it is available[:o] i started to try and debate this but figured its not worth the hassles

Joe

couldnt beleive what he had to say, i was enquireing about hi-fi gear and he proceeded to tell me he has several cd players and a few mini systems etc... i stopped him and explained i meannt real hi fi you know good amps , pre's seperate components includeing tubes, he replies..... that junk has fallen by the way side, it isnt worth anything, he wont take it when it is available[:o] i started to try and debate this but figured its not worth the hassles

Joe

Good. If the crackheads and scumbag thieves don't have a place to liquidate our toys the world is a better place. Let them steal the little Bose cubes.

Joe

Good. If the crackheads and scumbag thieves don't have a place to liquidate our toys the world is a better place. Let them steal the little Bose cubes.

Absolutely.

There is a pawn shop in suburban Atlanta that carries high end gear. The owner currently has some classic McIntosh gear for sale as well Dyanco and Scott. However, the store is in a bad section of town and I am not sure how many audiophiles venture into his shop. I think he has it cause he loves old gear. I go into to look every once in a while.

John

Hard to believe that with ebay and on line info, that your pawn guy doenst know what some of this stuff is worth. I haven been in a pawn shop in a long time. I figured that the days of finding great deals have vanished with the advent of the internet.

Josh

I figured that the days of finding great deals have vanished with the advent of the INTERNET.

Boy you got that right... Good stuff is at your shop, but it is also on like 3 sites all at the same time too.

So where do you find it?? Auctions.. local little towns that no one cares about (PS. I was born in a small town, I am not knocking them..You know what I mean here...)

I saw a mac 275 amp sold at one and this situation is still vivid in my mind.... The auctioneer said, "Ah when this beauty was new, it went for 900 dollars.... people still like them today... going once, going twice... sold for 225 dollars!!!! I had no idea at the time.. What a steal this was!! hahahahaha And No I did not get it. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr