This clock made my $500K+ system loose it's harshness in the highs!!!

rockbobmel

I think Seti is on the right track, here; its all about attention. Any change makes you listen more carefully to hear the effect. The 'validity' of the device is the psychological authority to expect a difference. This is very similar to the Hawthorne Effect. Maybe this is why some of us that tend to sit down deliberately to listen to music critically seem to hear more positive substance in the music. In the bounds of the definition below, think of the 'obtrusive observation' as yourself, observing to how you listen...

HAWTHORNE EFFECT

Initial improvement in a process of production caused by the obtrusive observation of that process. The effect was first noticed in the Hawthorne plant of Western Electric. Production increased not as a consequence of actual changes in working conditions introduced by the plant's management but because management demonstrated interest in such improvements

Well, I just read that whole thread over at AK and the results were only partially available and open to interpretation but poor in my opinion. It seemed to work great for one guy, and lousy for two or three others (one very biased guy). But nothing dramatic. Some nice hints about how it may work were given.

The cool thing was that Geoff Kait actually donated the devices for testing, obtained a long list of testors, and got in on the thread with some tips and info. There is quite a long list of testors and only about 1/4 have reported.

My guess about electronic LSD was right on the money if you read Geoff Kait's explanation of how it is supposed to work. It was designed to do nothing to the music and video. It is supposed to affect the listener's perception.

I think this guy thinks outside the box and you just never know about these things without investigating. Maybe his technologies could make you money if you understood it better and applied it in a more practical way. $$$

But I have to agree that it seems wild to believe what's being suggested without a clearer more down to earth explanation.

The only thing I'm sure of is that he's making money off of it. OMG, I wouldn't spend my time on this, much less any money.

If you spend $200 on this "clock", you are a moron. Psychoacoutistics, metaphysics, BS, BS, BS. What he should say is if you buy my clock, see it, think your system has improved and don't immediately realize you are a moron - you need a psycho-therapist whom you can pay meta amounts of money.

post-7887-13819317693966_thumb.jpg

Well, I just read that whole thread over at AK and the results were only partially available and open to interpretation but poor in my opinion. It seemed to work great for one guy, and lousy for two or three others (one very biased guy). But nothing dramatic. Some nice hints about how it may work were given.

The cool thing was that Geoff Kait actually donated the devices for testing, obtained a long list of testors, and got in on the thread with some tips and info. There is quite a long list of testors and only about 1/4 have reported.

My guess about electronic LSD was right on the money if you read Geoff Kait's explanation of how it is supposed to work. It was designed to do nothing to the music and video. It is supposed to affect the listener's perception.

Yeah, and more people believe in ghosts then believe we actually landed on the moon and a majority of graduating HS seniors couldn't find Chicago on a map nor identify what continent Mexico is a member.

After you stop ascribing some esoteric rationale to that gadget, send me your crystals and your working tubes. Having umpteen degrees in physics and a few more, I guarantee I will recharge them better than new! Oh, and while you are at it, include your cables as well. I will recharge them as well for the same price as the crystals. $200 (plus shipping and insurance*) will do them all.

I may as well make those pieces of paper on the wall earn their keep.

So it seems that someone is experiencing those flashbacks they promised us!

Amazing...[*-)]

*Not responsible for shipping damage.

Did you read where it helped the guy's $50K system? Now lets take a look at that statement in itself...... If the guy spent $50K on his system, (lets assume he has a good room also), WTF is his highs shrill and mids unfocused?, etc, etc, etc... I think this clock makes you pay attention to your system more because you are trying to hear something more. If you are that obsessed in the first place, then what can be added (in addition to) the clock? The chip?, Brilliant Pebbles? Jack plates, power cords, ceramic speaker wire supports? Didn't we get our systems to enjoy and not be tortured by them? Guys that buy these gadgets should go volunteer for the Salvation Army or Shriners Hospital....... AND NOT TELL ANYONE!!!

[:D]

Do you think all his products are out and out fraud? Nothing in the clock, pebbles, etc. ? Just technical pretzel logic explanations and all complete lies? I think this guy is a several clicks above that, and may be misapplying some neat technology.

I wanted to get the clock, try it, and then let one of my most experienced engineers disassemble and analyze it. I believe that it is not an ordinary clock. I wouldn't buy it to augment my stereo. So your point is well taken. [:D] I admit after reading his background and about the highly technical nature of his products that there is some interest.

So, to dismiss the technology before looking closely at it is like saying that fuel cells would never work (making electricity out of hydrogen). Who would ever try that? What a joke, right?

I think this guy thinks outside the box and you just never know about these things without investigating. Maybe his technologies could make you money if you understood it better and applied it in a more practical way. $$$

But I have to agree that it seems wild to believe what's being suggested without a clearer more down to earth explanation.

YES, But I am often guilty of "Contempt Prior to Investigation"

• 3 months later...

Why wasn't I a shrink? There has to be enough crackpots out there with more money than common sense...........[bs][^o)][W]

Geoffkait's Feedback

fast shipping, stand as advertised. thanks!
Positive by Buyer Stratosaur (114) on 02-16-07 re: Accessory

Another excellent transaction.
Positive by Buyer Kakhalifa (105) on 02-15-07 re: Accessory

Very good product. Great communications. Recommended.
Positive by Buyer Kakhalifa (105) on 02-14-07 re: Accessory

Fast delivery! My imagination or what? Whatever it is, it sounds great and I like it....Lonnie
Positive by Buyer Lanordby1 (18) on 02-14-07

Quick communication and fast shipping. Highly recommended.
Positive by Buyer Daavid (63) on 02-13-07 re: Accessory

Excellent product. Fast shipping. Recommended.
Positive by Buyer Kakhalifa (105) on 02-12-07 re: Accessory

Continuing great service.Geoff delivers unique tweaks which superficially resemble ordinary household items-stealth system enhancement. Properly installed, Tru-Tone covers deliver more of the good stuff: clarity, soundstage, dynamics, bass extension.
Positive by Buyer Listener57 (324) on 02-10-07 re: Accessory

Fast shipping.
Positive by Buyer Rkuryl (30) on 02-10-07 re: Accessory

This is the 3rd purchase from Geoff. These are tweaks that actually work. Thanks again.
Positive by Buyer Jkrebs (63) on 02-10-07 re: Accessory

Excellent service from Geoff. Pebbles have a noticable effect, though I am experimenting. Seem to clean up TV picture also!
Positive by Buyer Raiths (36) on 02-07-07 re: Accessory

Shipping was incredibly fast. The CodeName Turquoise tweak works beyond any of my expectations, ie. loads of detail and extended harmonics are revealed from even really gratingly poor cd's,and one really can hear the dialog on DVD's alot easier.
Positive by Buyer Jmillstew (12) on 02-06-07 re: Accessory

very fast delivery, went fine.
Positive by Buyer Sdipiet (18) on 02-06-07 re: Accessory

Another painless transaction with Geoff. Thanks!!
Positive by Buyer Bruiserwy (570) on 02-05-07 re: Accessory

great product, smooth transaction, easy to deal with, quick emails and response
Positive by Buyer Kuroda (126) on 02-05-07 re: Accessory

Great communication and fast delivery. First class packaging.AAAAA+++++
Positive by Buyer Rocoa (144) on 02-03-07 re: Accessory

Fast delivery! My imagination or what? Whatever it is, it sounds great and I like it....Lonnie
Positive by Buyer Lanordby1 (18) on 01-30-07 re: Accessory

Excellent and prompt service from Geoff. That mysterious and clever little clock does make a difference!
Positive by Buyer Grk (123) on 01-29-07 re: Accessory

Another fine, superfast transaction. Brilliant Pebbles enhance both clarity and coherence making musical threads easier to follow. A great tweak with no downside. Thanks Geoff!
Positive by Buyer Cowman (105) on 01-27-07 re: Accessory

Another quick ship, for tru-tone duplex covers. I replaced my metal covers.
Positive by Buyer Sws50 (243) on 01-27-07 re: Accessory

Turquoise CD tray masking kit lets me hear superior detail retrieval, and dynamic contrasts. Also, clearer, non-smeared, forceful, deeper bass. CDP analog out now sounds surprisingly close to expensive Genesis Digital Lens with outboard DAC.
Positive by Buyer Listener57 (324) on 01-26-07 re: Accessory

[ next 20 ]

SSSSSHH..................Hey you guys, I just happen to have some of my AUDIO LEAVES left, these are my special leaves for personal use, that I would be willing to sell at a discount to my Forum Buds.........Please don't let other forums know, I want to keep them here on this forum......I shut the business down due o ZERO sales, ahead of my time I guess, but had some private stock I kept, and I would share............Maybe now is the time to try marketing them again...................

http://www.freewebs.com/tractionking/

lol. I like the "years of wind tunnel testing" part. Slices through the wind, yeah, a square faced block The only thing I do agree with is the extra weight over the rear wheel could help downward force on the rear wheel I suppose. Newsflash, home improvement store has cement blocks for two bucks and spray paint for a dollar then you could call it "Custom Made". What a sales pitch.

Thanks OB, let me consult with very own personal not too expensive palm reader first to see what she says.

I think Seti is on the right track, here; its all about attention. Any change makes you listen more carefully to hear the effect. The 'validity' of the device is the psychological authority to expect a difference. This is very similar to the Hawthorne Effect. Maybe this is why some of us that tend to sit down deliberately to listen to music critically seem to hear more positive substance in the music. In the bounds of the definition below, think of the 'obtrusive observation' as yourself, observing to how you listen...

HAWTHORNE EFFECT

Initial improvement in a process of production caused by the obtrusive observation of that process. The effect was first noticed in the Hawthorne plant of Western Electric. Production increased not as a consequence of actual changes in working conditions introduced by the plant's management but because management demonstrated interest in such improvements

Actually, Paul, this effect was first noted in the ante-bellum south. The presence of an overseer on a horse with a large bullwhip increased cotton production by an average of 94%. I employ a modified but proven effective variant in my roughneck training classes I call the "Stick Quiz." I stand in the room with a large stick and ask a trainee a question. If he does not know the answer, I hit him with the stick. Very effective. The level of focus and attention increases dramatically.

Never thought about employing it to improve my listening room. Next time I have you guys over I will have my stick. If anyone says anything less than complimentary about my material or system, I will hit them with the stick. I hypothesize this will have a dramatic improvement on everyones listening experience.

Dave