Indy Highlights with which to lure wives and kids...

I haven't mentioned the 07 Pilgrimage to Cathy and the girls,mainly because I don't know what would interest them (besides everything Klipsch, of course) in Indianapolis. Museums, shows, OUILT SHOPS (for Cathy, not me), etc. Maybe Amy could take the ladies out to a Chippendales show?

I haven't mentioned the 07 Pilgrimage to Cathy and the girls,mainly because I don't know what would interest them (besides everything Klipsch, of course) in Indianapolis. Museums, shows, OUILT SHOPS (for Cathy, not me), etc. Maybe Amy could take the ladies out to a Chippendales show?

Maybe "you & the guys" can put on a Chippendale dance for Amy, Cathy & all the other women? (I'll be out visting friends at that specific hour)

[:o]

I wonder if they'd find that (you dancing as a Chippendale) a lurid or an alluring event...[:#]

Maybe "you & the guys" can put on a Chippendale dance for Amy, Cathy & all the other women? (I'll be out visting friends at that specific hour)

I wonder if they'd find that (you dancing as a Chippendale) a lurid or an alluring event...[:#]

Wish you had not said that.

Man, the mental image of that big lug sporting a thong........I need psychiatric help to remove......suicide......thats it.....[D]

• Moderators

LOL! You guys are too funny.

I'm not one for Chippendale type shows, but I can point out a few places if that'll get them here!

Indianapolis has great museums--the Children's Museum is one of the best in the world, and not just for kids!! We have a great Art Museum... I'll think of some more in the coming weeks..

Wish you had not said that.

Man, the mental image of that big lug sporting a thong........I need psychiatric help to remove......suicide......thats it.....[D]

Hmm, maybe I should wear the Marathong®?

Thanks, Amy! Man, these guys are GROSS, huh??[;)]

Don't forget the BIG indoor water park inside the Holiday Inn next to, (well walking wise close,) Klipsch.

Can I be so bold to ask this? What does she like to do now or would like to do? I bet we can find it here..(With few exceptions like a white sandy beach in Indy or Mountain to go skiing or climbing....)

But you get my point, too, I hope. Any great city is what you make of it. And I consider Indy a great city we have a LOT to offer people just let us know what she might like, and let me and Amy see if we can find it for you here. You might be surprised!!

I'm with IB, the thought of Greg in a Marathong doing Karaoke scares the bejesus out of me[:o]

The finster knows I love him but I do have my limits[:|]LOL

Terry, we need to talk about the Pilgrimage since Seti is not going[:(] Hinting I might want to drive up and catch your train[:D] Better yet maybe I should drive and you and the mrs. can just hang out in the back[6]

Hinting I might want to drive up and catch your train[:D] Better yet maybe I should drive and you and the mrs. can just hang out in the back[6]

Given how he BLEW past me on the highwayout of Hope (and I think I had like a 30 minute head start on him, cruising at like 80 mph), I hope that doesn't imply that you are even worse??!! [:o]

Mike said, "Hmmm....I don't think Indy has any good karaoke places in town.... hahahaha"

Well not compared to...here!!! hehehehehe

I think up to 4800 songs and counting.. I think it is beyond anyone calling this a healthy obsession to do this right. It is the hidden secret of my HT room as well. I have par can lights and other lights, too, Mike..it is taking shape.

For Christmas my wife is doing new song books for part of my Christmas present. (One with song titles and the other listed by artist books.) You might just find a few good ones in there somehow. LOL

Really karaoke is about that 85% of people having fun who can sorta carry a tune.

10% should never do it anymore for any number of reasons... LOL. Just kidding here....

4% do a decent job depending on the song...

and about 1% of the time, you find a perfect song for you in your voice in your range that something magical happens and you just sound great at it too. In a normal Karaoke bar night, this happens 1-2 times a night... if your at all lucky hahahahaha

IMO, Bottom line karaoke is about sharing friendships. A good friend of mine is a KJ or Karaoke Jock, Karen shares her thoughts..

"Most people are raised in our society to believe that if they allow somebody else to feel good about themselves it makes them look like less. That to empower, to uplift, to instill confidence in another human is going to make you smaller. Little kids do it all the time but there are tons of adults doing it. It takes a secure person to have the capacity to empower another human and not have it reflect negatively on themselves."

"My theory about artists is that they feel like they're special, she says. We're separating the masses from the artists and therefore art is not as elevated as it could be. We're limiting ourselves. I'm saying everybodys got a voice.

"I am on a mission," she says. "That people realize there's value and validity in karaoke. In the very beginning I thought that. I saw it as something important, for people who might not otherwise have an outlet for creative expression."

For me, here at home, it is fun to get people who can sing as well as people too nervous to do it live in a bar at my house. Sometimes you get people who think they can't sing and do quite well, or people that think they can... well... we celebrate those too hahahah!

Just please "the rose"... or "you light up my life".... does not work on my machine for some reason.. hahahaha It is all good!

I almost get the same excitement over sharing a great movie in my HT with someone, and hearing after it is over they go "OMG.... Roger.. THAT, was incredible on your big screen and the sound.. wow it just blew me away. If I had that in my house I would never go to the movie theater again... etc., etc." Those that have HT's know what I mean.

"Given how he BLEW past me on the highwayout of Hope (and I think I had like a 30 minute head start on him, cruising at like 80 mph), I hope that doesn't imply that you are even worse??!!" [6][:D][6] (Not only do IB and I enjoy slammin'[au]but.......)

I'm sure Seti will attest to the fact the Kaiser has two driving modes, he's either stopped or is doing his best to keep the needle as far to the right as possible[:o]

Terry, you say the part about you and the missus hanging out in the back went right by you[8-)] LOL (Not screwin' around on the road[:P])

"Which way did he go Doc"[^o)]

Tim,

It didn't get by me, I was just trying to decide if I could talk you into riding in the back with her. But no, I couldn't do that to a buddy. Perhaps she could sit in the back alone and tend bar.[<:o)]

Man, am I going to be in trouble when she gets to Indy, talks to people, and finds out the things I say about her![:'(]

Will call you soon and we can come up with a game plan.

tc

My friend karen and her thoughts on Karaoke...

Everyone can sing
As humans, most of us have been blessed with a voice
One which allows us to communicate and laugh and cry
And sing
But we are taught that certain people are special
And deserve the right to sing because their voice is better
Or prettier
And we support those elite few by giving them money
And singing along with them in our cars
Or our showers
Or sometimes walking down the street
Because we are moved by them
Until we catch the next car over staring
And having been caught
Silence ourselves

Now I'm not saying there isn't brilliance of talent in the universe
Artists
Voices that can touch millions and move us to sing along in our cars
Or our showers
All I'm saying is we each have an inherent need for self expression
And insecurity and fear and this elitist mentality
Prevent us every day from discovering the great works of art
That are most definitely hiding within
With a little luck
Some humor
A smart-*** DJ
And maybe a wee bit of alcohol
Together we can create a non-threatening environment
Where we can all feel comfortable enough
To find our own voice.

• Moderators

"Given how he BLEW past me on the highwayout of Hope (and I think I had like a 30 minute head start on him, cruising at like 80 mph), I hope that doesn't imply that you are even worse??!!" [6][:D][6] (Not only do IB and I enjoy slammin'[au]but.......)

I'm sure Seti will attest to the fact the Kaiser has two driving modes, he's either stopped or is doing his best to keep the needle as far to the right as possible[:o]

Terry, you say the part about you and the missus hanging out in the back went right by you[8-)] LOL (Not screwin' around on the road[:P])

"Which way did he go Doc"[^o)]

I DO NOT want to be on the same highway at the same time with you guys. Please give us a detailed description of your travel route so we may avoid you guys on the highways at all costs.[;)] We will be sure to catch up with you once we arrive SAFELY in Indy.[au]