New Years Eve

dtel

• Moderators

Stacked up a little pile of wood for new years eve, probably light it about 8 pm. It's about 15' wide and 20' tall, have a few people coming over to watch and shoot a few fireworks, will put some pic's of the fire, later, maby in the am. [D][D][D][C][:S]

Doing anything special ?

Doing anything special ?

Not really. I just got back from the ski resort, so I am just happy to relax at the house listening to music on my setup.

If the conditions were better (Frankly, I am surprised there is even skiing available, since all the snow pretty much melted off the mountain), I'd stay up there at the ski resort and celebrate the new year with several of the other guys on the ski patrol.

But alas, that is not to be, so here I am at home. I guess I could go downtown to the "First Night" thing, but don't feel like going by myself.

Doing anything special ?

Not really. I just got back from the ski resort, so I am just happy to relax at the house listening to music on my setup.

If the conditions were better (Frankly, I am surprised there is even skiing available, since all the snow pretty much melted off the mountain), I'd stay up there at the ski resort and celebrate the new year with several of the other guys on the ski patrol.

But alas, that is not to be, so here I am at home. I guess I could go downtown to the "First Night" thing, but don't feel like going by myself.

Happy New Year skonopa! I am stuck in Colorado Springs with PLENTY of Snow and I am ready to go home! I just saw that I-70 opened so we will be able to head out tomorrow to celebrate the New Year. [Y] Happy New Year fellow Klipschsters and thanks Dtel for starting this thread. [<:o)]

Happy New Year skonopa! I am stuck in Colorado Springs with PLENTY of Snow and I am ready to go home! I just saw that I-70 opened so we will be able to head out tomorrow to celebrate the New Year. [Y] Happy New Year fellow Klipschsters and thanks Dtel for starting this thread. [<:o)]

Happy New Year to you (and everyone else on here) as well.

Yeah, that is were all the f'ing snow is at! If I was stuck in Colorado, I would've most likely been up at one of the ski areas (Now, would've that been something - being stuck at Brekenridge or Vail?)! As an avid skiier, I was hopeing we'd at least get some around here by now. Nope, still in the 60's with the lows in the 40s. Not even cold enough to make snow at the ski area. At the same time, I figure I'd at least could go kayaking or something on the river instead, but then it is not quite warm enough for that either. Kinda sucks - to warm to go skiing, but to cold to go play at the river, and the days are to short to go for any hikes (and still to cold to camp). Don't you just love this time of year? [:P] Looks like me and my playstation 2 are going to be good friends here until it either gets cold enough to go skiing or warm enough to go to the river.

Went ahead and turned on the TV, but I only have the video. I kept my own music playing, since I don't care to hear the typically aweful selection of music they have on these "new years" programs these days, nor the crappy commercials, nor the pandering and grand-standing by whatever celeberty that got showcasing. Still fun to watch the "ball drop", though.

New Years Day..................................It's just another day.................EH !!!!.......Happy New Year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, it is a new day, a new month, and a new year.

And the weather here sucks today... [um]

But yup, happy new year - and now to take down the Christmas tree until this next Christmas.

Ah, New Year's day and NO hangover, NO tree to take down... like Doc sez 'it's all a compromise'.

Hope y'all enjoy the extra day off if you get it. I'm going to work around the house a bit. Did a listening comparison of an Energy Omnisat V2 tower vs RB3 yesterday. WIll post thoughts later.

m

• Moderators

Happy New Year to everyone from the dtel gang. I have to say our New Year's Eve gathering was very special. We had old friends (neighbors) from twenty five years ago in attendance, as well as new friends (neighbors) from the past ten years in attendance. Quite a time of reflection.

Unbelievably, everyone we invited showed up. It was nice to be surrounded by good friends, all in attendance were either neighbors or family. Some of our guests(old neighbors) drove over an hour to be with us.

After talking and visiting and our old friends(neighbors) meeting our new friends(neighbors), it was obvious common threads bind us all together in some way.

We cranked up the Forte II surround system for everyone and played concert DVD's most of the night, along with dtel's bonfire, an awesome fireworks display and some really good food, which is always a tradition in the South. Eric Clapton and The Eagles, as well as Standing in the Shadows of Motown (music only) stole the music stage. Of course, everyone was in awe of the Forte II system.

Along with the music, we enjoyed Seafood Gumbo w/rice, Artichoke Balls, Deviled Eggs, Crab Dip, Veggie Tray, Crawfish Cornbread Dressing, Sausage and Cheese Biscuit Balls, Cupcakes, Cheesecake with Chocolate Chips, Chips and Dip and an assortment of beverages, including Pina Coladas.

BTW, Colter, Happy New Year and we really missed you last night.

• Moderators

Christy,

In the grocery store, how do you determine the sex of the artichokes? I'd like to try your recipe.

No "sexing" required. If you buy the artichokes in a can thier hearts have been ripped out![:^)] And...everyone knows all bleeding hearts look alike.