Any metal fans on these forums?

ibanezhater

"Some of the newer stuff is good also, I like Disturbed, Korn, Linkin Park, Zombie, Huge Godsmack fan... THEY have the best drummer aka - Shannon Larkin."

Man that sums up my favorites.

Listening to the Mettalica black album as I type. The St. Anger album was painful. Just noise.

jc

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really really awful- what high school garage band could not pull that off?

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but...........JUDAS PRIEST KICKS ARSE DUDE![H]

And I really thought everyone understood their place in the metal scene.

And man Diamonds and Rust is such a killer tune! Thats just the accustical version. They did fire her up a little toward the end.

Judest Priest, Shmudest Priest Yeah, yeah, yeah, Judest Priest does kick ***, buuuuuut....

May I present Firewind - "Falling to Pieces" from thier current Allegience album.... (courtesy of YouTube!)

Now, there is something that brings a whole new meaning to "kick-***!".

And if that is not enough kick-*** for you, how about Angra - "Rebirth"!

And of course, cannot forget

! Now, that, my friends, is kick-***!

"really really awful- what high school garage band could not pull that off?"

Kinda like any twit can get hired for Klipsch tech support, eh?

Sorry, but you went beyond personal opinion.

I'm sorry, but that particular track in that style, is musically elementary and lackluster performance, give me a break.

A band I've been listening to out of Brazil is Hibria.

Really good guitar parts and a straightforward heavy metal sound.

Not sure if I mentioned Blind Guardian yet.

I saw them in Atlanta a month or so ago and it was an amazing show.

And what about Evergrey?

They put on a freaking awesome show at last years ProgPower.

The quality of their sound and showmanship was great, probably my favorite performance of the weekend.

A band I've been listening to out of Brazil is Hibria.

Really good guitar parts and a straightforward heavy metal sound.

Hmm... Hibria! I've heard of them, but I've not heard any of thier material. Will need to check them out.

Not sure if I mentioned Blind Guardian yet.

I saw them in Atlanta a month or so ago and it was an amazing show.

And what about Evergrey?

They put on a freaking awesome show at last years ProgPower.

The quality of their sound and showmanship was great, probably my favorite performance of the weekend.

I just saw Blind Guardian, along with Leave's Eyes, myself up at Jaxx in Springfield. That was a an awesome show. Just saw an annoucement that Kamelot and Leave's Eyes will be playing at Jaxx in August. Definitly will be seeing that (will be the third time seeing Kamelot and the second time seeing Leave's Eyes). Also found out Doro will be there in June (with one of my friend's band, Division, playing before her). Another show I'll definitly be going to!

Evergrey was friggan awesome there at ProgPower. I saw them back in May at Jaxx as well, when they played with Nevermore. Totally kick-***!

And right now, listening to Heavenly on my little office setup.

"really really awful- what high school garage band could not pull that off?"

Kinda like any twit can get hired for Klipsch tech support, eh?

Sorry, but you went beyond personal opinion.

I'm sorry, but that particular track in that style, is musically elementary and lackluster performance, give me a break.

OK, I got your point, you feel that based on that video clip, Priest suck. You feel they are on a level of a garage band.

If that's an example of your insight, I will be sure never to ask your opinion of any speaker or set up ever again.

STEVE,

MASTONDON IS GOING TO BE IN NORFOLK VA. FEB 18TH

TRY TO SEE IT

They're alright. They are pretty hardcore, but with some interesting technical, and melodic parts - pretty proggy in that aspect. Kinda reminds of Nevermore. Definitly not one of my more favorite bands, though. However, no can do going to that show, as I'll be out on the ski slope that day. They are good, but not good enough for me to want to miss a day of skiing during the peak of the ski season.