Can someone start a SET thread?

Painful Reality

• Moderators

You locked my thread about Trump vs. Rosie which was a little ridiculous. It was all in good fun, you didn't like it, so it got locked.

So no, I don't think he was kidding.

I didn't see it as "good fun" at all. The topic incites arguments, ridiculous put-downs, and bad feelings all around--much like the people it was referring to. I never allowed Michael Jackson topics either when that fiasco was topical, so I don't see it as a big change in how I run things.

If anyone has a complaint about how I am more strict than I have been in the past, please email me or PM me. It is concerning that people may feel that way, and I welcome opinions..but please ask me my reasons for what I do instead of assuming I do things simply because I don't like them. If that were the case, many more threads would strangely disappear, trust me.

• Moderators

Oh that's right! The Trump/Rosie thread. I must admit, that one beat records. Amy - You are a Rosie fan? :)

Beat records for what?

No, the only entertaining thing Rosie has ever done is A League of Their Own. I choose not to listen to her or watch her otherwise--she is a comedian and an entertainer, which is why her initial comments didn't even deserve acknowledgment. But I'm not a fan of bullies that attack people based on how they look, either. Apparantly, some think it's hysterical.

I locked that thread for this reason, so let's not bring it up again. Thanks.

I didn't realize people here were so passionate about Rosie and Trump. I kinda figured they didn't have much emotion pegged into it. Michael Jackson doesn't need discussion - a photo is all that's needed.

I'd say things are getting better in the strict department. I think so. Overall. Minus the Rosie thing. :)