belle in the box!

steve hollowell

This is my first post and I have a rare opportunity. I have owned everything from heresy to K-horns and currently have a pair of RP-5 speakers. I now have a chance to buy a pair of belle speakers that are 4 to 5 years old still in the original unopened box...... the owner is a dealer who got 4 pair of these when he bought out a business, he traded one pair for a motorcycle, gave two pair to his brother for a house warming gift and has promised me the last pair. He doesn't like BIG speakers and only does in wall applications....BIG QUESTION what should I pay I think I can get them for $2000 to $2500 but if the price goes any above this amount I would appreciate some input from other Klipsch owners.....

Thanks in advance....................Steve

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2000 - 2500 is a good price for boxed Belle's.

Used Belle's on ebay , not in a box, do run an between 1200 and 1600. In the least year on ebay, there have been at least 2 pairs for less than 1000.

Local deals from papers and other sources have been rported by forum members as low as 500 bucks.

There have been folks who have attempted to sell modified Belle's for 2200 - 2800. But over tine, and re-listing, their prices get reduced back to the normal range to get is sold.

If you pass on the deal, depending on the location, others on this forum, may be intrested.

If within driving distance of NYC, I might be intrested.

it looks like I will probably get the pair for $2000, I'm not sure what finish they have but the speakers should be in perfect condition.........by the way they are out of Bryant which is abouy 5 miles from Little Rock, Arkansas.....

Later............Steve

Another Arky cool. If you hear of any used khorns in the area send me a PM : )  

it looks like I will probably get the pair for $2000, I'm not sure what finish they have but the speakers should be in perfect condition.........by the way they are out of Bryant which is abouy 5 miles from Little Rock, Arkansas.....

Later............Steve

That's a wonderful deal unless they're in some finish you can't live with! Good luck, can't wait to hear more about them.

Later............Steve

Steve...welcome to the forum, not many from AR here, at least not active.

My concern would be where they were stored over those 4 years. Just because they've been in a box does not make them immune from the effects of the enviroment. Just would hate for you to think that $2K was a great deal only to open up the boxes and see cabinets suffering from the lack of TLC.

Tom

Later............Steve

I'll let you know in a day or two,..... I'm on my way to Bryant to get some speakers. [;)]

I have talked to the seller and we should finalize the details tonight and complete the transaction prior to the end of the week...........I go on vacation next week.....guess what I'll be doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, Trey Cannon is my cousin and is helping me work on a surround system to go with the Belle speakers. I'm looking at the RF-83 system minus the front towers. Trey has worked for Klipsch for some time now and I really value his input.

Later .....Steve

• Moderators

I have talked to the seller and we should finalize the details tonight and complete the transaction prior to the end of the week...........I go on vacation next week.....guess what I'll be doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, Trey Cannon is my cousin and is helping me work on a surround system to go with the Belle speakers. I'm looking at the RF-83 system minus the front towers. Trey has worked for Klipsch for some time now and I really value his input.

Later .....Steve

Again, welcome to the Forum.

And for the record, we all value Trey and his input, he's one heck of a guy.

You are very lucky to be able to call someone like Trey....family.

We hope you stick around now that you have found the Forum.

BTW, Congrats on the Belles.

It looks like Trey has a very large extended family!

If all goes well I will pick up the speakers on Saturday, the seller is really busy and has been putting me off on getting together. Honestly I have not pushed it for fear of blowing the deal............. However my wife called him and said I was driving her nuts being so anal about getting my hands on the Belle's and we needed to finish the transaction, he told her he was sorry but promised a deal would happen this weekend and that the speaker were just sitting in his warehouse!

Thank the Lord for a wonderful wife..........does she love me or is she just sick of my crap? Either way life appears to be good!

Later...on hopefully a happy ending story...............Steve

• Moderators

It looks like Trey has a very large extended family!

If all goes well I will pick up the speakers on Saturday, the seller is really busy and has been putting me off on getting together. Honestly I have not pushed it for fear of blowing the deal............. However my wife called him and said I was driving her nuts being so anal about getting my hands on the Belle's and we needed to finish the transaction, he told her he was sorry but promised a deal would happen this weekend and that the speaker were just sitting in his warehouse!

Thank the Lord for a wonderful wife..........does she love me or is she just sick of my crap? Either way life appears to be good!

Later...on hopefully a happy ending story...............Steve

That " sick of my crap " works, I think my wife does some things just to shut me up !

So that old saying " with Bell's on " will really mean something to you this weekend. [8]