How about $20K for a pair of Khorn want-a-be?

Ki Choi

Yes, the asking price is insanely too high!!! But, I wouldn't rip on them too badly (other than price). After all, the Vitavox was a licensed version of the Khorns (sort of) using the bass bins and different (and some say upgraded) drivers and horns. If the price was right, I'd own a pair.

But not for 20k or even close to that.

Carl.

So, what's the list price for a pair of Jubies?

I think about $7500 plus the price for the active crossover. Coytee could confirm.

Carl.

I think the number Roy prefers us to use is "about $7,000". This number is WITHOUT any crossover but it does include any shipping. I think they use "about" so they have some fudge room if someone lives 500 miles away like me or someone else who lives 2,000 miles away.

Could you point me to a thread where it shows good photos of Jubies and 60th Annis for comparison?

Don't have any picture's showing the Jubilee and 60th Annis side-by-side, but here are some pictures I took from the Hope trip this past summer:

Jubilee

Jubilee

60th Annivsary KHorn Front

Front of the 60th Annivarsary Khorn

60th Annivsary Khorn Side

Side of 60th Annivarsery Khorn

Thanks Skonopa. I have been thinking of 60th Annis as the Jubies... It's the 60th Annis I must have...

They are nice, aren't they! I friggan fell in love with it the moment I saw it. Unfortunatly, they are too rich for me, otherwise I'd be sitting here listening to those instead of these RF-7s right now [:o]

Here a couple more pics:

Rear of 60th Annivarsary Khorn

Rear of 60th Annivasary Khorn

Close up of the placard on back of 60th Anni Khorn

Close up of the placard on the back of the 60th Annivasary Khorn

Close-up of crossover in 60th Anni Khorn

Close-up of the crossover network in 60th Annivasary Khorn

Pure object of lust... Has any of them show up in used market? If so how much did they go for? Used ones might be the only way I can justify the purchase for me also... However, I am keep telling myself how happy I am to be listening to the Trachorned and Beymad Khorns with BEC AAs...for now...

Has any of them show up in used market? If so how much did they go for? Used ones might be the only way I can justify the purchase for me also...

My guess is they'd be difficult to find on the used market? As I understand it, the entire production was originally SUPPOSED to go strictly overseas. Second... I'm not even sure they've made the entire production run (meaning, if they've only made say, 75 pair of the 200, there is little opportunity yet for a pair to come back up on the secondary market).

There has been some suggestions that they (Klipsch) might make several pair available for domestic consumption but since that comment is only say, 5 months old, I'd presume zero to one pair MIGHT have been sold domestically...again...not leaving much opportunity for them to go back up for resale. Even if they've sold 10 pair domestically, I'd suggest the odds would be low that someone would pay that kind of price & sell them this quickly (unless you're talking about Dean [A] )

Not to beat a dead horse, but if you are serious about looking at a pair of 60's... I'd suggest you look into the Jubilee and find out what kind of net cost there would be to have it made with some finished wood instead of black like we got. You could get the front face in one of their stock woods... side grills for the bass unit (like in the pictures you see with PWK standing next to it?) and I'd wonder about them having any finishing suggestions for the top horn.

Bottom line... you could probably do that & end up with a better speaker sound wise and STILL be in for less money, than I understand the 60's to cost. Better speaker, fancy finish, sounds better and costs less. hmmm...

[:D]