the new guy

MrDecibel

Hello to all. Although I have not taken delivery yet, I am the owner of a pair of new RF-7's. For the last year I have owned a pair of Polk RTi10's but was disappointed with their high volume performance. While these speakers sounded good at low to moderate volume, the mids sounded terrible when cranked up. The mid bass driver actually began to "pop" and looked like it was going to fly out of its basket. They were driven with a Denon AVR 3805 and an Acurus A250. It seemed like they couldnt even handle half of their 300 watt rating. Anyway, I look forward to taking delivery of the Klipsch's. I remember as a teenager reading about the unique sound of Klipsch horn speakers in my old Stereo Review magazines. I figured I would give the RF7's a try. I have heard they will sound just fine, even when I give them the ocassional CRANK IT UP. I look forward to any suggestions you guys might have to get the best sound from the RF7's

I look forward to any suggestions you guys might have to get the best sound from the RF7's

Congrats! & welcome. You will love the rf-7's & they will love the addition of the outboard amp. Search the archives for "deang rf-7 crossover upgrade".

It's gonna be all goood.Get em' in the corners if you can(move back/forth side to side till you like it) and you'll want a decent sub to really compliment the 7's.Then slightly tow in until the horns intersect about 5ft behind your head at seating to start.

Hi - As you can see from the first response suggesting an upgrade, IT IS TIME TO RUN AWAY FROM HERE....

He did ask for suggestions on how to get the "best" sound out of the 7's & since he is new probably hasn't read the threads I referred to. Had he not I wouldn't have mentioned it.

My new RF7's arrived today, and like a little kid at Christmas, I dropped everything and rushed to open them. I took the day off work to wait for UPS. Wow!!, these are some manley speakers- they make my Polk RTi 10's look like toys. Since I still had the Polks hooked up, I did a side by side comparison. The RF7's blew them away hands down. I couldnt believe how much more efficient the Klipsch's are. The RF7's played as loud at a 0.0 db volume gain on my Denon than the Polks played at a 10.0 gain. I know its not a totally fair comparison, as the RTi's are not Polks flagship speaker, but it is all I had to compare to. I couldnt stop smiling. From M Jackson to Bachbusters these things rocked the house even without my external amp. I blew out one of my recessed light bulbs from the bass.I had to check several times to make sure my powered sub was turned off ( and it was) because the bass was very powerful- and I am a bass head. I cannot imagine these beasts hooked up to a high quality amp running a continuous 200- 300 watts, I think windows would start cracking. These are what I have been looking for in a speaker system- powerful, clean sound that will rattle the walls and put a big, stupid grin on my face. I am very happy with these speakers.The wife hasn't seen them yet- hopefully she wont notice the difference!!

Glad to hear your happy......I sold all my Polk stuff to my younger brother and he's happy. My RF-7's are capable of a revealing a LOT of music on a CD. I started out with a denon 100 watt receiver then added an outboard 120 watt amp and it's much better. Someday I would like to get at least 200+ watt amp to make them give me even more...........

Enjoy....and Welcome to the Forum.

Hi - As you can see from the first response suggesting an upgrade, IT IS TIME TO RUN AWAY FROM HERE....

kev,

LMBO!!!! Arky beat me to the punch on the xover mod suggestion! [H] Just too funny! The guy gets the 7's out of the the boxes and we recommend a mod before he even has a chance to listen to them.[:^)]

new guy,

Welcome to the sound of Klipsch and to this place. Listen to them and enjoy for a while before listening to us.[:D]

Arky, I agree with you, but he!!, lets allow him to get them out of the boxes first! I just realized how really nuts we are!

tc

Welcome to the sound of Klipsch and to this place. Listen to them and enjoy for a while before listening to us.[:D]

Arky, I agree with you, but he!!, lets allow him to get them out of the boxes first! I just realized how really nuts we are!

tc

Listen to a bunch of music for about

20 hours and just keep playing with the corner placement to find a

soundstage you like. Dead flat on all tome controls and no sub. Try DAC

in AVR compared to DAC in your CD or DVD player. RF-7 will magnify

resolution of source components most likely not expericenced with

previous speaker.

I did not think we were nuts, collectively, passionately out of control maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all. Although I have not taken delivery yet, I am the owner of a pair of new RF-7's. For the last year I have owned a pair of Polk RTi10's but was disappointed with their high volume performance. While these speakers sounded good at low to moderate volume, the mids sounded terrible when cranked up. The mid bass driver actually began to "pop" and looked like it was going to fly out of its basket. They were driven with a Denon AVR 3805 and an Acurus A250. It seemed like they couldnt even handle half of their 300 watt rating. Anyway, I look forward to taking delivery of the Klipsch's. I remember as a teenager reading about the unique sound of Klipsch horn speakers in my old Stereo Review magazines. I figured I would give the RF7's a try. I have heard they will sound just fine, even when I give them the ocassional CRANK IT UP. I look forward to any suggestions you guys might have to get the best sound from the RF7's

So Mr. Decible, how is everything with the new RF-7's?

Tarheel:

We had a party at my place last weekend (Rf-83 complete system w/RT-12d sub) and a guy came from SEVEN houses down to tell us his kids couldn't sleep because of it!!

Maybe you need to set up inside rather than on the front lawn[H].

BTW...what time was it when he complained? Only 7 houses away? As Oldbuckster would say.....EH!!!!

Tarheel