Meagain's at it again

Parrot

It can give you the EQ boost *without phase shift* and it can give you crossovers that have no phase shift in them too. And it can go up to like 300dB/octave on the crossovers and those aren't elliptical like the ES networks or what I'm doing in my Behringers. They would be a fun unit to play around with but as I'd need two of them......

The problem with no phase shift in the filter is you won't correct for the phase shift of the driver on the CD horn...though it'd be nice to see the phase response of a CD horn to confirm that. I'm making that claim based on the electrical equivalent circuit for CD that I haven't seen for a few months...

But alas, apparently the option is there to control any possible phase abberations so whichever is the ideal has nothing to be complained about.

I'm with Shawn though - the audibility of absolute phase is a much debated topic. Heck, just move your listening position an inch and all the phase information changes.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It can give you the EQ boost

*without phase shift* and it can give you crossovers that have no phase

shift in them too. And it can go up to like 300dB/octave on the

crossovers and those aren't elliptical like the ES networks or what I'm

doing in my Behringers. They would be a fun unit to play around with

but as I'd need two of them......

The problem with no

phase shift in the filter is you won't correct for the phase shift of

the driver on the CD horn...though it'd be nice to see the phase

response of a CD horn to confirm that. I'm making that claim based on

the electrical equivalent circuit for CD that I haven't seen for a few

months...

But alas, apparently the option is there to control any

possible phase abberations so whichever is the ideal has nothing to be

complained about.

I'm with Shawn though - the audibility of absolute phase is a much debated topic. Heck, just move your listening position an inch and all the phase information changes.

Wow Who!

You may have a future in reality.

Now that issue of musical information under 25 hz or was it 35 hz...?[;)]

I have 2 perhaps stupid questions....

1. Can the horn section be split from the bin to hang in a ceiling corner above it angled a bit down to listening position? Would this sound horrendous? I'm envisioning bass bin in the corner, horn in ceiling corner professionally painted to the room color or white. :)

2. Is there any way possible to morph the khorn bass bin to fashion a Jubilee Junior version? Is there any 15" woofer and any driver out there that can be used to accomplish this? Then just get the right horn for the top? A Jubilee MiniMe that might sound somewhere in between a khorn & jub?

1. Can the horn section be split from the bin to hang in a ceiling corner above it angled a bit down to listening position? Would this sound horrendous? I'm envisioning bass bin in the corner, horn in ceiling corner professionally painted to the room color or white. :)

Yes - it will sound different, but whether or not it sounds better/worse would be completely subjective.

2. Is there any way possible to morph the khorn bass bin to fashion a Jubilee Junior version? Is there any 15" woofer and any driver out there that can be used to accomplish this? Then just get the right horn for the top? A Jubilee MiniMe that might sound somewhere in between a khorn & jub?

The Lascala?

LOL P!

Yes, It's nice to see the veneer.

Am I the only one who envisions that big horn pro painted other than black? I sometimes have a hard time understanding why the world disagrees with me. It's kind of a problem. Course there's millions of people in the world that think the movie "Ghost" was brilliant. :( Tis a puzzlement.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments on my build.

Lisa I think Dr. Who answered your questions the same as I would have.

Parrot, My current plan is to basically build a picture frame out of Rosewood to frame the 402, I have the Grill cloth that I may or may not attach to the backside of the frame. I will wait till they are finished and see how the look without the cloth. I will use grill cloth on the bass bins. Oh by the way the 402 horn sounds amazing powered by my 300B SET amps! and my room is large, see the room link at the bottom of the website www.jubilation.ws[8o|]

Rigma

My current plan is to basically build a picture frame out of Rosewood to frame the 402, I have the Grill cloth that I may or may not attach to the backside of the frame. I will wait till they are finished and see how the look without the cloth. I will use grill cloth on the bass bins.

Sounds promising and looking forward to the final pictures. If it turns out well, I betcha Klipsch copies your plan.