Meagain's at it again

Parrot

Looks to me like the height proportion between the Jub woofer horn and the K-402 is within a fraction of an inch of "phi", the golden ratio, nature's perfect proportion.

Roy has created the PERFECT aesthetic proportion in his design.

Hmmmm, perfect acoustical proportion and perfect aesthetic proportion.

Well done, Roy, thou good and faithful servant.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From an email I received based on some questions I had about woodhorns.

The 21 horn is a design we make that will work from 400hz upward. This would be well suited for the Jubilee bass cabinet

Bill Martinelli

I don't know how it sounds or tests but it looks pretty for those that want pretty horns.

http://www.woodhorn.com/Wood%20Horns/21inchhorn/21inch.htm

but.......(puff)......it......(puff).....was......(puff).....but......(puff)......don't...........(puff)...........let......(puff).........facts.......(puff).......stand.......(puff).....in the......(puff).......way..........(puff).............of a..........(puff)..........good..........(puff).......opinion........(man i look good).

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

LMAO!!!!!!!!

You are so bloody funny Roy.... You crack me up!

P.S. Anyhow, so what we've gleaned is that while the bass section of the Jubilee had been pretty much finalised, nothing had been set in stone regarding the mid/tweeter section and no decision had been made as whether the Jubilee was going to be a 2 way or a 3 way. But obviously the project stalled for whatever reason - cost? Okay, I can live with that.

So some bright spark (that's not you is it Roy? [;)]) decided to make use of the good work that had gone on and, viola! The commercial Jubilee

So the commercial Jubilee's bass section is to all intents and purposes the same as the proposed domestic version of the Jubilee - cosmetic considerations aside. Hmmmm.

It seems to me that there would be an awful lot of work still to do to work out what mid/tweeter horn and the related crossover would be required so the Jubilee could compete with the Klipschorn's superb coherency and musicalitiy. I remember reading about how much effort PWK put in to finetuning the Klipschorn's midrange response.

No offense but you need to go re-read all the Jubilee threads and read what Roy posted about the Jubilee for some reason people seem to be fighting him tooth and nail on a speaker speaker system that he worked on with PWK and he clearly understood the goals they were working towards. One of the primary goals of PWK was to get the Klipschorn to a 2 way system which was finally realized with the Klipschorn Jubilee.

Roy perhaps a well documented FAQ about the Jubilee would be helpful. That FAQ document could then be handed to those with questions about origins of the Jubilee and also to new potential customers.

Hey guys do not piss Roy off too much, were still tugging at him to come up for the Pilgrimage. He certainly has a great smile and big heart for sure.

I doubt any other engineers of a company this size talk with the end users and offer advice and opinions too? And no, I am not kissing his you know what.. I just happen to like the guy a lot after meeting him!

it appears his intensions for the Jub with the 402 Golden Ratio was to design a speaker the same size as he is eh Roy[;)]

You are quite correct... Roy's head to body ratio is very "phi"

Now, if we can just do something about them cute little feet...[:o]

Dean, your starting to sound like Sheep[:o]

Indy, my post was done light heartedly and Roy knows I have the highest respect for him and his work/contributions to Klipsch products[;)] He does have an ernest smile for sure and mixed with maybe just a little of well deserving pride[:D]

You know I'm sure not going to set him off when I currently have a request into him[:|]

So, 66" from the bottom of the bass cabinet to the top edge of the K-402 -- and you're pretty sure about that right? I hope so, because I just did something very baaaaad.

66" from the FLOOR to the top lip.

How baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad have you been?

I am waiting on Roy, Chuck, and Doug. K-402 ended up on the invoice, but it wasn't supposed to be. I think Doug is so used to typing that in that he wasn't thinking. I haven't seen the invoice, so the question is what $ number did he put next to the K-402 on the invoice. Is it the number I was quoted, or some other number. That's important, because if the invoice has to be adjusted to reflect a new price I may not be able to afford them. Right now, I'm pretty sure my room can handle it, I just have to wait and see if my wallet can. At any rate, I told Roy and Chuck that if the number is the same as what I was quoted -- push it through.

66" tall? Not as bad as I thought. Not a crazy height at all.

Dean - when will you get them? This is too exciting!

Lisa, if someone has a pair of Khorns "sitting around", swapping them out for the Jubilee is NOT a major imposition on the room. Ya, someone may not like the asthetics, but I'm speaking to raw dimensions (HxW). Especially if put into a corner, the Jubilee will not take any more room than a Khorn. It's only something like 12/18 inches taller and that's about it.

I have a picture of my old Khorns in my room (see Chronicles thread) so people can get a reference point.

Factory typo, guess you get the big one at the wittle ones price[:o]

You know, if you just don't the look of the one in the photo with Roy you could always just put the things behind false angled walls and get WAF at the same time I think for anyone contemplating a HT with Jubs in the mix could order them full commercial and build nice false walls in the theatre and it would be just like the cinema[:D]

Congrats Dean[;)]