Thinking about selling my Klipschorns

PCinCJ

I have a pair of 1978 corner-horns which I cherish. However, I am leaving the US and so must contemplate selling. (Although the thought of giving them up pains me, the price of moving them is very high.) Is anyone willing to share their thoughts on a fair re-sale price? They are in very good condition (excellent audio, good appearance) with the original grilles and ash veneer stained cherry. This is not an ad - I just want to get an idea of what they may be worth today from some knowledgeable people who appreciate what these speakers are.

Thanks for whatever help and advice you can offer.

Your model is very common and not a particular collectors item. With out the Klipsch or thrid party upgrades, there is some additional expense to the upcoming owner to bring them up to current standards.

Fast selling K-horns go for 1200 - 1700.

Slow moving sales range in the 1800 - 2500 range.

In the last year there have been numerous sales in the 1000 range, and a few highly upgraded with expensive parts in the 3500 dollar range.

The difference in what folks are willing to pay has many factors. One factor is location. If someone local can save the shpping costs, they tend to pay more.

If you have lots of time on your hands, start at 2500 and work your way down cutting the price as time goes buy. Most of your intial inquires will be from folks who want to know how much you really want to sell for. You will get the most inquires when the price falls below 2000.

welcome to the forum PC. first off everyone here is gonna want to see pictures and to know your location for pickup. any year is a good year for k-horns. you could check ebays completed items to see what they are selling for. good luck on your sale.

Where in MD? One cannot ever have enought pairs of K-horns. I bet I can put them in the garage and make them my beer brewing speakers. 33 feet apart they shold sound great.

So sorry to hear you have to let them go...and yes I'll store them for you if you are just going to Italy for a year or two.

A great offer, but this is a permanent move!

We're in the process of preparing our house to sell and planning to move in June. I won't be giving the speakers up until I must, so I'll keep them in the house until the last minute. I'l offer them to whoever buys the house, as they fit perfectly where they are. (I actually built the room - 15' X 20' - around the speakers.) If they aren't interested, or I change my mind, then you'll be hearing from me again.

I'm located in Cabin John, a small town in Maryland just outside Washington, DC.

And thanks again for the advice. This is a good forum.

Rich, shame on you but I like that idea about 33' apart[;)]

Do you remember that set of khorns for sale in Annapolis or there about last year for $700. I e-mailed the guy and took the money out of the bank. My plan was to have them as my garage speakers by night fall. Too bad it did not work out. I think one of these days I am gonna take mine out to the garage just to hear them 33 feet apart.

PCinCJ, give me a yell or drop me a line if/when you decide to sell them. You never know...

SInce MD is a lot closer than NH, I waited for a reply back as long as I could.

I didn't hear anything so I jumped on a deal in NH for a set of 1985 walnut in almost perfect  conditon for 1500.  

I bought from the original owner.  

The wife loves the way they look and sound.

SInce MD is a lot closer than NH, I waited for a reply back as long as I could.

I didn't hear anything so I jumped on a deal in NH for a set of 1985 walnut in almost perfect conditon for 1500.

I bought from the original owner.

The wife loves the way they look and sound.

If nothing else, SHE'S A KEEPER!!!!

Sorry I haven't responded in the last few days, but I've been out of town.

I am sorry to have to let them go, but I don't think it can be helped. In any case, I don't see that I will be making a final decision or actually making a sale until the end of May. When I get back to MD, I'll take some photos and post them for those who are interested.

Thanks for all the posts.

Phil