Got Forte II's ?

Roc Rinaldi

I know that I am getting these because I put in such a high bid that no one is going to be willing to pay more than me for them.

Check it out and you will see that I (rrinaldi1111) am the current high bidder.

The original owner bought them in 1994, had them a year or so, and then unfortunately he died. His wife stored the speakers until last June. She then contacted Cape Ann's and sold them. The Cape Ann owner put them in his apt. since then. They are rather large and so for space considerations they are being sold now. Cape Ann is willing to meet me at the George Washington Bridge in NY, which is half of the trip. I will only have to travel about 4 hours to get them.

...............................It's been said before..................all things come to those who wait.

I know that I am getting these because I put in such a high bid that no one is going to be willing to pay more than me for them.

I would not go bragging about that. A nasty seller (or some other jerk) might just stumble upon this and put in a bid just to drive the price up. I am for bidding what you feel is a price to get them at any cost. Would just hate to see you pay more then you need to.

Good Luck!

BTW, I am the original owner of a set of FIIs. Perfect in just about every way...but they are the wrong wood for you...too bad I am just north of Bel Air, MD. On the other hand I don't really want to get rid of them. My original HT was a mix of Chorus/Forte/Academy. You will love it once you track them all down.

I would not go bragging about that. A nasty seller (or some other jerk) might just stumble upon this and put in a bid just to drive the price up. I am for bidding what you feel is a price to get them at any cost. Would just hate to see you pay more then you need to.

Good Luck!

BTW, I am the original owner of a set of FIIs. Perfect in just about every way...but they are the wrong wood for you...too bad I am just north of Bel Air, MD. On the other hand I don't really want to get rid of them. My original HT was a mix of Chorus/Forte/Academy. You will love it once you track them all down.

They ended the bid early for me. I got them. I mean that I am getting them Saturday. Exchange to occur at the George Washington Bridge in NY.

Thank you for the advice about the eBay nonsense. I will keep your advice in mind in the future.

Even though you forte IIs are the oak, still keep me in mind if you ever want to sell them. Maybe by then we will all be wanting a 9.1 or 11.1 system. Who knows? I would consider staining the oaks darker to at least match the wood color. It's the SOUND that matters most to me not the type of wood or color of the grills.Comrpomises are sometime necessary. Just ask Mike Bentz.

545 miles round trip to Fishkill, NY to meet the seller and get forte II #3 & #4. 8:30AM to 6:30PM. and worth every minute.

dtel, these are exact matches to mine. All four are in the same perfect condition, not one scratch, all sound perfect and strong. Mine were made in 1990 and the news ones were made in 1994. I've got more listening to do but the new ones do seem a little brighter then my two. I need more listening time to be sure. I am placing the new ones as my main front speakers, that is how impressed I am with them. One of my original Forte IIs will be the center.

Also, all four are oiled walnut but my two are noticibly darker. I'm sure this is what one must expect with real wood. More later......gotta go and listen some more.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you seen these on Audiogon? Walnut, $400, Raleigh NC, multiple feedback seller. Might work for you.

Go to www.audiogon.com, search for Klipsch Forte (edit: Thanks, oldtimer; apparently you can't search by item number like you can on Ebay)

Thanks so much but they are Fortes not Forte IIs. Also they are not in the best of condition.

....close but no prize. Please keep me in mind for 2-4 Forte IIs, in mint condition, oiled walnut, located in the mid-Atlantic region.