What's wrong with the Forums @ Klipsch?

boomac

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The forums are a little too much like a clique at school. Don't you hate it when you walk in a store and the salespeople treat you like you just invaded their privacy? That happens here too. heck, I have been around since 2001 but do not have a high post count and am still treated in this fashion by most. There are some very helpful and cordial individuals that are the exception.

Also, the Jubs, and Khorns talk is dominating with little talk of Cornwalls, Chorus, Forte's and other worthy models.

If you have been visiting regularly there is something rather impressive about being here for 6 years and making 30 something posts.

I feel I should print this one and hang it on the wall. I mean - Maclaren F1's were more common than your posts.

I wonder if this has a value on ebay.......

• Klipsch Employees

I firmly believe that it's the lack of drummer jokes!!!!

What did the drummer say to the rest of the band?

answer: What? I can't hear you the drums are to loud. By the way, does anyone know where the volume knob is on these things?

.............Are there some perks or prizes of which I'm unaware??

The # of posts comes into play to get get frequent flyer miles from supporting carriers. At 5000, you get one free round trip ticket to anywhere in the continental United States, jubject to black out dates.

I think a nice toaster would make a really neat prize for having over 1558 useless posts.

post-17394-13819326083658_thumb.jpg

• Klipsch Employees

Trey said: We can just trun them off.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Then you nuts may go listen to the speakers you all claim to love......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You seem a little edgy Trey. Aint nobody questioning or criticizing you, Amy or Klipsch here. After sensing a drop off in interest and activity, (from several others that I happen to like & admire) I just thought it might be interesting to explore the rhyme or reason. I would think you guys at Klipch would have interest in such discussion.

Now just to be clear, when you say claim to love, youre not suggesting you doubt we're sincere about our speakers, are ya?

Just in case Trey; here's a list of the one's I own and enjoy!

3 pr <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Cornwall, 2 pr Heresy, 1 pr Forte II, 1 pr KG 2.5, 1 pr KS 525-THX, 1 pr KG 1.5, 1 RSW 15, 1 RSW 10, 1 Academy & 1 RC 3 II

As Ive often said: You have to let the dogs bark once in a while!

I just think it "funny" the amout of time that folk spend on here.

I often tell Amy that we should turn it off once a week and put up a notice to everyone that the day is a non posting day, only a listening day.

• Moderators

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

You seem a little edgy Trey.

Trey has been très edgy when it comes to the forum lately. I think I'll ban him for a while.

[;)]

I just think it "funny" the amout of time that folk spend on here.

Is this a polite way of saying, Get a life.

Reminds me of this SNL routine:

William Shatner: You know, before I answer any more questions there's something I wanted to say. Having received all your letters over the years, and I've spoken to many of you, and some of you have traveled... y'know... hundreds of miles to be here, I'd just like to say... GET A LIFE, will you people? I mean, for crying out loud, it's just a TV show! I mean, look at you, look at the way you're dressed! You've turned an enjoyable little job, that I did as a lark for a few years, into a COLOSSAL WASTE OF TIME!

[ a crowd of shocked and dismayed Trekkies.... ]

I mean, how old are you people? What have you done with yourselves?

[ to "Ears" ] You, you must be almost 30... have you ever kissed a girl?

[ "Ears" hangs his head ]

I didn't think so! There's a whole world out there! When I was your age, I didn't watch television! I LIVED! So... move out of your parent's basements! And get your own apartments and GROW THE HELL UP! I mean, it's just a TV show dammit, IT'S JUST A TV SHOW!

Charlie: Are- are you saying then that we should pay more attention to the movies?

William Shatner: NO!!! THAT'S NOT WHAT I'M SAYING AT ALL!!! HEY, YOU GUYS ARE... THE LAMEST BUNCH... I'VE NEVER SEEN... [ walks away from podium ] I can't believe these people... I mean, I really can't understand what's....

post-17373-13819326084098_thumb.jpg

kum-by-ah ?

Que Pasa?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Of the two compositions, I'll take the Horace Silver version of Que Pasa any day![:D]

Trey buddy - I'm semi retired and tennis doesn't start for 17 days. It's a lousy time of year and the snow birds are restless. Which reminds me of another Horace Silver tune, "The Natives are Restless". BTW, The LP, "A Song For My Father" sounds great on Cornwalls.

We can just trun them off.

Then you nuts may go listen to the speakers you all claim to love......

LOL! I reckon there's a high proportion of people in this forum who still haven't unpacked their brand new Klipsch speakers from several years ago...

What is this infatuation with the post count mystique? I had to look at mine just to see what it was. What is the underlying reason for the post count? I don't notice it and don't interpret it as anything useful by which I might infer anything about the poster except that they have made a bunch of posts... it does not indicate dedication, clearity of thought, topic positions, ... nothing I can think of.

What if the post count was suppressed from the forum? Would some stop posting? Are there some perks or prizes of which I'm unaware??

After 12,000 posts they HIRE you!

M