For Sale: Nosvalves VRD Monoblocks

LeeW

I'm selling my VRD monoblocks that were purchased new in Nov. 2006. All the praises that you have read here on the forum are absolutely correct, these are great Amps.

I'll probably regret selling them, but as this hobby goes I have to sell them to fund other purchases.

Asking $2200 shipped in there original boxes to the lower 48 states

post-7614-13819329550136_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

What amps are you going to?

pCATS

Thanks,

Lee

Lee,

So you are going to take delivery of the pCats, I thought you were looking for someone to take your place. Pretty ballsy of you to take delivery of VRD's then put a deposit down on pCats a month later! Just couldn't get enough new amps could you?

Lee,

So you are going to take delivery of the pCats, I thought you were looking for someone to take your place. Pretty ballsy of you to take delivery of VRD's then put a deposit down on pCats a month later! Just couldn't get enough new amps could you?

I don't know about Ballsy, maybe stupid. I had been drooling over the pCATS long before I ordered the VRD's, but they were out of my range.

After Mark lowered the price and redesigned them, I couldn't pass them up.

Lee - Have you heard the pCAT or are you buying on faith?

No I haven't heard them, I'm buying them on faith...based on my conversations with Mark and the performance of my Peach

Lee

Do you equate "perform best" with wattage?

It would be prudent to get both and do a head to head and decide which he prefers but in the end the wattage rating won't be the issue; the sound will be - my 14 watt Eico provides more than enough volume on Heresies and sounds better (which to me means it performs better) than many amps rated much higher.

On paper, the pCats should dominate. I myself would like to see a comprehensive comparison review between the two amplifiers.

Craig - LMAO!

I've never seen used VRDs sell for over $2K although they're certainly worth it and more. Heck, a new pair is WAY underpriced compared to other amps on the market. I must admit those look great, especially compared to a couple used pairs I've seen sell for $1600-$1800.

I can't wait to hear reviews of pCATs, especially from previous VRD owners! I think we'll end up with a lot of reviewers saying one isn't better than the other......just different.

It makes sense to hang on to them long enough to do a comparison. Regardless of the supposed superiority of one thing over another, in the end it will come down to preference.

VHaudio shipped your caps, so you'll have new networks next week as well -- something else to muddy the waters.:)

As for the selling price, it could be the ones that sold for $1600-$1800 may have been purchased at the first run price. They are well worth the price.

They will still be here when the pCATS arrive for a comparison, I need to have a gathering of Houston area Klipschters for a shootout between the two. It should be interesting

Lee