oldenough

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fritz, good mornin', apparently a long time member has been banned from the forum (see thread above) but the poster will not allow further discussion of the matter. I for one would like to know who was banned, and why? It's certainly of interest to me, and that is one of the criteria of a forum.

Its a private site, they can do what they want, but I would like to know what Parrot did to piss off Klipsch.

Agreed, but change the name from forum to "my own private site". Also thanks for letting me know it was Parrot, why could that have not been conveyed in the original post, after all he was a long standing member with many "friends" among us. Yes i would also like to know just what he did, and who's thin skin was offended by it.

Its a private site, they can do what they want, but I would like to know what Parrot did to piss off Klipsch.

Agreed, but change the name from forum to "my own private site".

Doesn't it say "Klipsch" at the top and wasn't she hired by them to in part, keep this forum within guidelines? Couldn't they simply delete the forum if they so choose and not need to give anyone any kind of reason?

I think it (his comments) were exceedingly rude, crass, offensive, inappropriate and to suggest Roy has lied or otherwise manipulated some people here, he finally crossed the line.

If that means that I for one have thin skin for finding that offensive, then I'll hold my hand up as guilty for having thin skin. I think he should have been banned much sooner for his bird crap and I was really amazed at the tolerance of Amy/Klipsch that they let him go on as long as they did.

Part of me WILL miss Parrot, but only a small part.

Doesn't it say "Klipsch" at the top and wasn't she hired by them to in part, keep this forum within guidelines? Couldn't they simply delete the forum if they so choose and not need to give anyone any kind of reason?

I think it (his comments) were exceedingly rude, crass, offensive, inappropriate and to suggest Roy has lied or otherwise manipulated some people here, he finally crossed the line.

If that means that I for one have thin skin for finding that offensive, then I'll hold my hand up as guilty for having thin skin. I think he should have been banned much sooner for his bird crap and I was really amazed at the tolerance of Amy/Klipsch that they let him go on as long as they did.

Any non-Jubilee owners think Paul should have been banned?

Coytee, thankyou for your input. I now have a better understanding, but that has only come from asking....Parrot is banned, the thread is removed,and no further discussion allowed. What is the un-informed to make of that? or should i just take Colter's last Dictate of "End of story" "Next!" as the final word?

What is "a friend".

I think some would question the use of friend in this setting where one has probably not actually met face to face, hence the quotation marks.

oldenough: No offense intended but, there are MANY exceptions to this: One example - I have met Paul 3 times; once at Klipsch in Indy in 2005, again at Klispch in Hope in 2006 and at my house two weekends ago. Trust me: Many of us are friends here and have met face-to-face.

Paul in the left seat of my theater two weeks ago along with forum members NOS Valves and IndyKlipschFan (on the right):

post-10177-13819329807856_thumb.jpg

• Klipsch Employees

Any non-Jubilee owners think Paul should have been banned?

Yes, the ones that banned him.

Coytee, thankyou for your input. I now have a better understanding, but that has only come from asking....Parrot is banned, the thread is removed,and no further discussion allowed. What is the un-informed to make of that? or should i just take Colter's last Dictate of "End of story" "Next!" as the final word?

You may actively inform yourself of the events leading up to any removed threads by performing a forum search on the thread's title, for example, "Diminished Dean". This will display the list of posts and their first couple of lines. You can't open the posts to read each fully, but the series of peices displayed will provide some sense of who said what.

That said, I have noted that locked threads and banishment of members causes an immediate stress and concern amoung remaining members. For those that miss out on riding the wave before it crashes, it seems to me that justice suggests some kind of explanation of banishment actions unless there is some liability issue with speaking of the banished.

Here's an idea: Sort of like the penalty box in hockey - in the same way that some threads are stuck to the top of a forum list because of their importance, why not lock an offending thread, mark it as a candidate to be pulled, stick it to the top of the list for 24 hours, and let those with an interest at least read the thing and satisfy their sense of justice.. Those more sensitive forum members may self censor by not reading the marked thread while those with an interest may do so. Perhaps during that time the events might be better understood, the issues resolved, and the thread (perhaps redacted of offensive posts) released and opened back to the forum... otherwise out it goes?