Parrot can't defend himself...

edwinr

I realise this will probably be the very last post I ever make here. And probably the very last time I have anything at all to to with any Klipsch products. Frankly the arrogance portrayed by a very few people here is quite disconcerting. I have spoken to Parrot who feels he has been badly wronged. He is very keen that the following information is bought to the attention of those forum members that may be interested...

Firstly to Anarchist: Parrot notes that you now don't mind arguing with him now that he is not
on the Forum to respond back. And I frankly don't recall you ever getting the better of Parrot in any debate in the past.

Parrot is concerned that allegations have been made that he accused someone of lying or fraud. This is not the case. I can support Parrots assertion because I read Parrot's posts prior to the 'Diminish' thread being deleted and at no time did I read that Parrot accused anyone of lying or fraud - I believe that was all Dean's wild misinterpretation.

Parrot always stressed that the Jubilee should be presented to a standard that PWK would have wanted, as in his promotional photo with it. Ironic, isn't it, that the Parrot was more for carrying on the proud legacy of PWK than certain other people. Parrot repeatedly praised Rigma for his fine craftsmanship and beautiful veneer work. What seemed to be a mortal sin to some people was that Parrot stated that PWK would not have approved of a huge uncovered horn for a home environment. Banish the Parrot, throw him in the stockade for that remark!

Normally I would not get so involved in an issue like this. But it is blatantly clear to me that this matter has been handled with absolutely no diplomacy, tact or faiirness.

What seemed to be a mortal sin to some people was that Parrot stated that PWK would not have approved of a huge uncovered horn for a home environment. Banish the Parrot, throw him in the stockade for that remark!

Seems to me that the pics of PWK standing next to the Jub , the horn allthough beautifully veneered , is uncovered . I agree though , Rigma's Jub clones are a home run . The big uncovered horn is what it is , the best horn available for the application .

Parrot , and I have corresponded with him before , just seemed to be making arguments for the sake of arguments . Enjoying the chaos whether he was right or wrong . And Paul's responces of late were paticularly belittling and condescending . But I am amazed that he was banned . As much of a right wing conservative that he is .

I wish he could come back. I hope this isn't permanent.

Me too... (there have been instances where forum members have been banned for brief periods of time in the past when this sort of to and fro has taken place)

When I saw Amy's post, I figured it was Parrot, even though I was unaware of the current "drama."

Although I never personally crossed swords (or beaks) with him (it), no one can say he wasn't given plenty of warning.

James

Me too... (there have been instances where forum members have been banned for brief periods of time in the past when this sort of to and fro has taken place)

Parrot is no stranger to this !

Parrot is no stranger to this !

I know-but I wasn't sure if Meagain knew that this has happened before.

-David

I realise this will probably be the very last post I ever make here. And probably the very last time I have anything at all to to with any Klipsch products. Frankly the arrogance portrayed by a very few people here is quite disconcerting. I have spoken to Parrot who feels he has been badly wronged. He is very keen that the following information is bought to the attention of those forum members that may be interested...

Firstly to Anarchist: Parrot notes that you now don't mind arguing with him now that he is not

on the Forum to respond back. And I frankly don't recall you ever getting the better of Parrot in any debate in the past.

Parrot is concerned that allegations have been made that he accused someone of lying or fraud. This is not the case. I can support Parrots assertion because I read Parrot's posts prior to the 'Diminish' thread being deleted and at no time did I read that Parrot accused anyone of lying or fraud - I believe that was all Dean's wild misinterpretation.

Parrot always stressed that the Jubilee should be presented to a standard that PWK would have wanted, as in his promotional photo with it. Ironic, isn't it, that the Parrot was more for carrying on the proud legacy of PWK than certain other people. Parrot repeatedly praised Rigma for his fine craftsmanship and beautiful veneer work. What seemed to be a mortal sin to some people was that Parrot stated that PWK would not have approved of a huge uncovered horn for a home environment. Banish the Parrot, throw him in the stockade for that remark!

Normally I would not get so involved in an issue like this. But it is blatantly clear to me that this matter has been handled with absolutely no diplomacy, tact or faiirness.

Edwin,

I'm going to guess that this thread will likely turn and eventually get deleted, but I'll reply anyway. Sorry to hear you are considering leaving the forum and getting rid of your Klipsch. If you do like the product, then you will be the only one that suffers from that. However, if this is a matter of principle to you, then do what you feel is right.

Regarding what has happened to Parrot, I didn't get a chance to see the thread that apparently got him banned, so I don't know what happened. But what I will say is that I've been on this forum a very long time, longer than Parrot, and quite frankly I'm surprised it has taken this long. He would have been banned a long time ago if this was on other forums. The Klipsch forum is waaaaaaaay more lenient than any other forum I read. Even though I don't agree with a lot of his opinions (but did agree on some), I wouldn't mind seeing him back. He sure makes this a more interesting place. However, he would have to change his act, and I don't know if he would or could do that. If they allowed him back, I don't think it would be long before he was gone again.

Apparently he has been given multiple warnings and didn't heed them. If that is the case then he can only blame himself for not correcting his behavior. I've wondered in the past why he hadn't been banned for some of the things he's pulled, including being rude to the moderators. That just doesn't get tolerated on other forums. I think Amy said they've banned something like three or four members in the last year. Most forums ban that many in one day, and this is not a small forum with 20,000 or so members. I've previously wondered, if because Parrot was such an advocate of Klipsch speakers, that he was a "favored" member and given a much longer leash. How could he do the things he does and still be a member? After all, he would stand up strong against anyone that would suggest any kind of negativity towards the brand. What company wouldn't want that kind of advocate? There are others that I've wondered how they have not been banned, but Parrot was certainly one of the largest mysteries to me.

As far as what PWK would have wanted, nobody can speak for him, so Parrot doesn't know that answer. That PWK was working on a home version of the Jubilee at his old age speaks to his desire for the product. He wasn't involved in most of the Klipsch products that are available today, but why isn't anyone arguing against those? Klipsch does not currently offer a Jubilee for the home environment, it's a pro model that people have chosen to adapt to their homes. Let these people decide what they want to have in their homes. It's not Parrot's decision or even PWK's, whatever his opinion of the aesthetics may have been. I doubt PWK would try dictate what people put in their home. I have a feeling PWK, as an engineer, placed a higher importance on performance over looks. Don't forget that he did offer the industrial looking La Scala as a home speaker.

Anyway, if you still decide to leave, best of luck to you. I hope you get to read this before this thread turns ugly and gets deleted. I also hope you keep your Klipsch.

This has happened before and I'm pretty sure that it can happen again.

Ample warnings are always given.

Y'all play nice, mmmk?

M

Who the heck are you? The fun police? Who put you in charge? Throw me out now.

I'm NOT a moderator or administrator of the Forum. Just stating facts.

You guys KNOW I'm crazy as a barrel of monkeys. I AM fun, usually instigator of it.

That's why the urging to play nice.

Come on Guys, I thought it was a 2 week ban, if so, what is all this chest banging about !!!!!! We are suppose to be reasonable Adults here, well ok, I'll argue reasonable, atleast Adults. I like Parrot, have no problem with him at all, but he did skate the line on this one. Now if you are going to get mad and offended by that, I'm sorry, but he did, and maybe a "cool-off" period would be a better way to describe what took place. My only comment now would be, follow through with others on this policy. Parrot is not the only one who might make good use of a "cool-off" period. I have seen far worse on here from time to time. The people at Klipsch have made this decision, like it or not, the "cool-off" begins. I look forward to Parrot's return, and hope that Edwin changes his mind, but, We all must do what we think is right............Me, I'll wait for the Parrot's return......................