Questions answered - Jubilee Sparrow's and humming birds

Guest " "

"When Klipsch says they don't sell individual components to hobbyists or
for DIY, I hope that just means they don't sell individual drivers or
individual horns. I guess that's what it means, because if it doesn't,
then it would be difficult to explain how JC got a pair of 904-HF's and
how Rigma got a pair of 402-HF's."

It is easy to understand how they bought those. Those are systems listed in the brochure Trey linked to above.

Shawn

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dude, you need a reality check. The manner in which you are 'requesting' information does not lend itself to anyone wanting to help you out. Didn't your mother ever tell you not to bite the hand that feeds you?

I agree with you....Klipsch does not have a formalized process for these types of straight forward sales.

Request went thru the formal channels.....this is simply a parallel attempt to collect info from folks who have these items already and can answer some of the questions.

Forum members who keep responding with go else where only causes me to dig in and drive the point home...which I will be doing shortly.

I'm not an idiot...my purchases in the last 12 months for audio related items has been over 15K and my yearly income is over 200K. I know how to write letters, attach evidence, and ask the tough questions.

So no, I'm not buying ice cream and have it delivered just to get answers to purchase making decesions.

This is basic sales...and I am a basic customer.

• Moderators

But Klipsch is not a dealer. Our sales staff are "dealer representatives." You really should be working with a dealer when it comes to deciding on a purchase, although we certainly try to help where we can.

This forum is up as a convenience to our customers to seek help from each other. Again, we certainly try to help where we can.

Threads that look unfavorable to Klipsch staff only "vanish" when they are misleading or telling half-truths or lies. Why would we leave those up?

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish by saying you're putting all of your writings into a PDF and "digging in and driving the point home" which apparently you will be doing "shortly."

I'm confused, and frankly quite surprised, by the level of frustration and anger that seems to be going on here. Is there something else at the root of this problem that I am not aware of?

Have you tried talking directly to Roy about what you need? He is certainly willing to help on a personal level.

Isn't the formal process to purchase through a cinema dealer? And shouldn't your local dealer be able to help you out with all the minor details, specs, and whatever else you want to know?

Since you're trying to go outside that formal process, I think you would benefit greatly from being nicer and not trying to imply things or discredit the people you'll be getting the info from. Social connections are much stronger than any buyer/seller relationship.

Isn't the formal process to purchase through a cinema dealer? And shouldn't your local dealer be able to help you out with all the minor details, specs, and whatever else you want to know?

Since you're trying to go outside that formal process, I think you would benefit greatly from being nicer and not trying to imply things or discredit the people you'll be getting the info from. Social connections are much stronger than any buyer/seller relationship.

I sent my questions to a few places to include the cinema dealer contact i was provided. The cinema dealer pretty much responded with the same response that Sfogg did which was to check the cenima brochure which I have done already. Granted, this might not be the biggest sale they have cooking right now so it may take some time to get answers.

I await someone to step forward and point out to me where on the cinema brochure this info is located, if that is the standard company response.

Certainly there is nothing wrong with asking folks who already have the items for information while I wait. One of my questions were answered in doing so.

And no, I'm still not going to buy ice cream for Klipsch employees.

• Klipsch Employees

Trey Cannon

So no one can ask the size of these products. We are just supposed to write a check, and figure it out once the box shows up.

In the sales realm, when I used to be a regional master sales trainer covering a six state area, I used to train sales staff on how to listen to their prospective customers to determine needs intrest wants and desires, how to formulate sales messages, answer questions, and ask for and process the order.

That means if a customer wanted to know the size of a product....some one would need to walk away from their internet terminal with a ruler, take some measurements, and report back to the customer. I think it was called a value added service....ask your CEO about that at the next "how can we do better" meeting.

I have the brochue....it does not answer my questions.

SP,

Sorry I couldn't help.

But Klipsch is not a dealer. Our sales staff are "dealer representatives." You really should be working with a dealer when it comes to deciding on a purchase, although we certainly try to help where we can.

This forum is up as a convenience to our customers to seek help from each other. Again, we certainly try to help where we can.

Threads that look unfavorable to Klipsch staff only "vanish" when they are misleading or telling half-truths or lies. Why would we leave those up?

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish by saying you're putting all of your writings into a PDF and "digging in and driving the point home" which apparently you will be doing "shortly."

I'm confused, and frankly quite surprised, by the level of frustration and anger that seems to be going on here. Is there something else at the root of this problem that I am not aware of?

Have you tried talking directly to Roy about what you need? He is certainly willing to help on a personal level.

no. that would be too easy....

have a blessed day,

roy

Amy

"I'm confused, and frankly quite surprised, by the level of frustration and anger that seems to be going on here. Is there something else at the root of this problem that I am not aware of?"

I'm confused as well. This, in my mind, is a very simple customer inquiry, and recently I have been channeled to the cenima products dealer, and have exchanged some emails, which remain with some opn issues.

There are questions that are either not understood, or may be an intelectual property protection issue, such as what is the size of the K-703 horn, which remain unanswered. One of the questions were answered by a forum memebr today who happens to own one of the subject items. I anticipate some of the other questions will likewise be answered by other forum members who have some of these products. The cenima dealer told me to check the website...been there ...done that.

I also need a better understanding of driver subsitution options as I and others believe some subsittutions are available...the order of merit in terms which driver is better and why and what the cost returns are are not clear to me.

I keep getting folks jumping in, who don't know the answers to my questions, tell me either to go elsewhere, or what the klipsch policy is.

This thread, was a simply request to get some basic information....

bhendrix

Thanks...that's the second piece of useful information I have recieved in a little over a week. The other piece of useful information came from a forum member who happended to own the 510 horn.

I sent the cenima dealer an email for driver order of merit info which I expect he will either provide the info, or state that he can't.

"If you want to be able to mix and match any horn with any driver you are going to have to look elsewhere."

Roy did say one could do "switcheroos" -- but he needs to be involved so the driver one wants gets on the horn one wants. When Klipsch says they don't sell individual components to hobbyists or for DIY, I hope that just means they don't sell individual drivers or individual horns. I guess that's what it means, because if it doesn't, then it would be difficult to explain how JC got a pair of 904-HF's and how Rigma got a pair of 402-HF's. I thought those went through because they involved horn/driver assemblies. There's some mixed signals coming through here -- and Fritz's confusion is somewhat understandable.

nope. nothing mixed here. you can't buy separate drivers (like a k-69 or k-45-ep's) or horns (like a k-402 or k-510 horn) from klipsch direct or a dealer. you can't buy systems from klipsch direct. you can buy systems (like a kpt-402-hf, or a kpt-904-hf) from a designated dealer.....pretty straightforward.

have a blessed day,

roy

"At least you have a set of Jubilees and certainly that warrants credibility in being able to answer some questions folks have."

I spent some money, and know a bit about what I have, and that's about the limit of my credibility.

even easier,

jc got a pair of KPT-904-HF's with K-69's. on a special order, which everything associated with the jub is, you can request driver switcharoos.....

have a blessed day,

roy

I took this as meaning I could get a top section with different possible driver options for the k-510 horn, if so, what driver options for the K-510 and the K-703? So on something like a KPT-335 HF/MF-N, does the driver switcharoos apply...if it doesn't....what was the scope of the quoted statement? Having said that....how does one make a decision if folks do not get driver info?

I sent this question to the cenima dealer and was told to check the cenima brochure......the brochure does not cover "driver switcharoos".

jwcullison

Check the crossover frequencies in the cenima brochure for the KPT-335 HF/MF-N...it's not making sense to me...it looks like it says the mid driver is crossover at 625hz and the HF driver is crossover at 650hz. Not sure whats going on with the K410 horn...need to know what driver options exist for it and how that rolls into available xover points.

Not sure if the K-69-A is really the most robust driver for a mid section in a 3-way senerio....need response graphs and polar charts for these drivers to pick and choose.

even easier,

jc got a pair of KPT-904-HF's with K-69's. on a special order, which everything associated with the jub is, you can request driver switcharoos.....

have a blessed day,

roy

I took this as meaning I could get a top section with different possible driver options for the k-510 horn, if so, what driver options for the K-510 and the K-703? So on something like a KPT-335 HF/MF-N, does the driver switcharoos apply...if it doesn't....what was the scope of the quoted statement? Having said that....how does one make a decision if folks do not get driver info?

I sent this question to the cenima dealer and was told to check the cenima brochure......the brochure does not cover "driver switcharoos".

does this look familiar?

additional information is available on the web page.

for the kpt-335, it comes with a passive network that uses a k-510 horn with a k-69 as a midrange and then uses a k-703 horn with a k-70 as a tweeter. the passive is designed for the 69 and 70 drivers so any substitution of drivers changes the performance of the system with the passive. if the passive will not be used (we only offer the system with a passive but it is up to the end user if they use it or not), there are two drivers that can be used instead of the 69; the bnc75 and k-1133. i am not sure of the actual cost figure (chuck would provide that), but it would most likely be a cost up. both horns, the 703 and 510, are modified tractrix horns.

for the kpt-904-lf, the drivers that normally come installed are the K-45's. they are minimum 8 ohms drivers yielding a minimum 4 ohm system. we can substitute k-48 or k-43 (43's are not recommended because these are optimized for horn loading but can be used none the less) but the system impedance would a minimum 2 ohm load. additional cost can be determined by chuck.

if you have any other questions, i can most certainly try to answer them.

roy

have a blessed day,

roy

That's good info.

I would really love to see someone get that "top section" with the K703 and K510 (KPT-335 HF/MF-N). I was considering that when I ordered my KPT-904-HF.

SF. I don't have the experience to say to you that the two way or three way is the way to go. However, So far, the K510/K69 is very good on it's own. I just need to mess with it some more.

Now I'm all goofy inside over these K-45's in bass reflex. So tell me again Roy.....it takes some BBQ to hear/demo this stuff in your area? I sure as heck can't go to Regal theaters in Douglasville Georgia and say "Hey, Roy Delgado from Klipsch told me you guys had some Klipsch Cinema speakers. Can I come check um out".

jc

SF.

I think I may know why you were confused on how to XO that top section. See in the Brochure....the KPT-335 HF/MF-N is explained in two sections of the "specifications". I think they were trying to maybe tell you the individual specs of the midhorn and the tweeter horn seperately. But that "system" is sold as two horns as one "top section".

I have been reading that brochure over and over for months trying to get it straight.

So....If you look at the cutsheet listed below...you see where I got the 800Hz and 5KHz XO points.

http://www.klipsch.com/media/products/cut-sheets/KPT-435-N.pdf

jc