Questions answered - Jubilee Sparrow's and humming birds

Guest " "

"4K a pair realm for a 3 way system."

3 way consisting of what exactly?? The klipsch 500 hz horns and pair of drivers is a real bargain at the asking price. Especially if you compare them to the Jbl 2" format 2446 & bi-radial horn. If you include other midrange horns and bass bins into the mix, sure they are expensive.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

michael hurd

Here are the valid options.  Items listed on the top of each colum is what can be ordered.  The sub componets detailed within the colums, can not be ordered seperately.

So for example, you can not order 4 k-31's, 2 k-69's drivers, and 2 k-510 horns.  You have to buy a box with woofers in it, and one of the pre-configured top section assemblies, at the non-club member rate.

If you have a price list, and a componet breakdown, more granular than this....I would like to se it....please send me a copy.

/////////////////////////////////////////////

from Klipsch to me

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately Klipsch
Inc. sells parts for repair of original product
only. In order to maintain Klipsch quality of
product we cannot furnish parts for individual
building projects. I apologize that we cannot help
you with this. I hope that you continue to enjoy
your klipsch products.
Thank you,

from me to Klipsch
/////////////////////////////////////////////////
Subject: Fwd: klipsch forum jubilee projects

I want to begin my Jubilee project in as much as
many folks on the klipsch forum have done, which
includes obtaining Juliee related driver parts
directly from Klipsch.

However, rather than using the large 402 horn and
the small 12 inch woofers, my preference is to use

the smaller 510 horn and larger woofers as used in
the kpt-435-n.

Please provide me with pricing information for the
drivers used in the kpt-435-N with shipping to nyc

10305 so that i may bulid a 3way version of the
Jubilee simular to the projects presently posted
on the
klipsch forum by others who have done so.

Cinema%20Brochure.pdf

SF,

I am empathetic with your struggle in trying to get information on the driver and horns.

The JBL specs are difficult to read (at least the PDF I saw). For instance, the distortion measures are not at all clearly labelled. If I am reading them right (and there is a good deal of guess work due to the image), the distortion does no measure all that well. However, I have never seen comparable measures for the Klipsch (510 or 402 with a K69 driver). Obviously one would be interested in this information. Klipsch has been pretty good about the FR & dispersion characteristics for the 402 (on the forum somewhere) was there comparable detailed specs for the 510 listed somewhere? I have not seen any distortion measures however.

As a tweaker and DIYer on a limited budget, the specs do matter to me. Testimonials are not sufficient at this price point.

Good Luck,

-Tom

I can agree with the above. However, Roy did show the FR and Z of the K69/510 in the commercial section of the forum.

I'm not sure More information can be provided by Klipsch really. The Cinema line doesn't seem to be produced for the end user. That is OK with me. Maybe this will change. You can't demo them readily either.

SF, I would sure hate to see you drop all you klipsch stuff. Your past posts have been fun and educational to read.

SF, I know what you are talking about. There seems to be a "club" feeling about the forum lately with hot debated Jubilee and associated items. It's almost a...."you are with us or you are not with us." You can see a lot of PM's mentions and stuff like "you know...what we talked about in that email" type statements that are making a lot of people feel alienated and left out. Since my posts have dropped and basically post about TO MY EARS. No one can argue with that. My DIY threads will likely drop in number too as I'm not real sure how well it is recieved here anymore. I seem to have to clarify everytime I post something that I AM NO EXPERT.

However, SF. I have heard the Jubilee bass bin, the K402 and now the K510. I think they are all quality products and would love to learn that you ventured into buying some or related items and give them a try. In the end.......it is what the ears and what is in between the ears that is happy. That's my first reason for being here. Yes....expense does dictate a lot of this.

I'm not in a club. Yes...I bought the K69pre mounted on a K510 horn with a stand.

jc

Hey Mark.

Yes the sparrows are sounding good. Definately better than the Altec 902/511 combo in 2 way. I'm not going to give any strong opinions verses a 3way setup right now. I am definately hearing some crisp high end like a tweeter is there. I have no regrets for buying them that is for sure.

One real plus I can tell is the "clarity". I've never really used that term much in description of sound before. You know my usual test run of songs. I have heard all those with these new drivers. There is a "clarity"and detail noticed on some songs I"ve never heard. There are times when I though I might have some distortion. Then I realize it was the recording.

Thumbs up so far.

jc

• Moderators

SF, I know what you are talking about. There seems to be a "club" feeling about the forum lately with hot debated Jubilee and associated items. It's almost a...."you are with us or you are not with us." You can see a lot of PM's mentions and stuff like "you know...what we talked about in that email" type statements that are making a lot of people feel alienated and left out. Since my posts have dropped and basically post about TO MY EARS. No one can argue with that. My DIY threads will likely drop in number too as I'm not real sure how well it is recieved here anymore. I seem to have to clarify everytime I post something that I AM NO EXPERT.

It really isn't a "club" per sae, although I can see where you could get that feeling. There is a lot of emailing and private messaging going on because of the strangely volatile direction the Jubilee threads turn. The so-called "club" members just want to have a positive discussion about the Jubes without having to defend themselves or weed through the negative posts all the time. They know the arguments already.

At least, that's how I see it. I could be wrong.

And no, Klipsch does not sell raw parts unless you already own the product and have a warranty issue or need a replacement. Some employees are willing to offer assistance in finding things through a dealer, if possible, on a personal level, but Klipsch does not sell them directly.

Thanks

Amy...realize I wasn't complaining.

I am stating that I can understand where SpeakerF and others have this feeling. I get emails and PM's too........not from club members[:'(]...just kidding. What happens is that there is are forum members who again feel left out in that there are certain forum members who are getting priveledged information or "deals". I have no proof of this........but this is what is happening.

Again.....not complaining...can relate. I know my place here. I'm staying. My ears will dictate my posts.

Amy...realize I wasn't complaining.

I am stating that I can understand where SpeakerF and others have this feeling. I get emails and PM's too........not from club members[:'(]...just kidding. What happens is that there is are forum members who again feel left out in that there are certain forum members who are getting priveledged information or "deals". I have no proof of this........but this is what is happening.

Again.....not complaining...can relate. I know my place here. I'm staying. My ears will dictate my posts.

I would like to say a couple of things here.

First my understanding from the very begining on the Jubilee is for anyone interested in them is that the first thing to do is E-mail or contact Roy ( I certainly had to go this route).

This is just my 2 cents worth here but also keep in mind that Roy has dedicated alot of time toward the Jub and Forum but he like alot of us has other work to do I'm sure so I believe some patience should be shown when dealing with Jub Info/questions to Roy.

As far as the "club" feeling and e-mails and such, Please don't read to much into that! Alot of people e-mail and Pm each other and please understand Roy has been great about support and answering questions for many of us. I do also hope people understand that sometimes there might be some things better discussed in an e-mail than an open forum and the fact that people can sometimes misunderstand or misread something posted which I'm sure has happened to many of us so I for one sometimes would rather avoid that happening.

Heck I wish everyone could hear and see the Jubilee but remember we have to take this a step at a time, but at least we have taken some steps towards that being possible.

Peace to all..!!!

mike tn[:)]

mikebse2a3

This is not about buying production versions of the Jubilee.

This is about the source of the parts used by the folks who made the DIY versions.

Apparently open season is over and if someone like myself wants to buy the parts used to make Jubilees, they have to buy complete systems thru the theater dealer.

Example, to buy woofers from klipsch used in the theater line...I need to buy bass bins. Does not make any sense to me, to buy bass bins, pull the drivers, then make bass bins.

It seems the HF sections are purchasable (I think), but It doesn't do me any good to have HF sections with out the parts to make the LF section.

It's really not a big deal. JBL parts are as good if not better. The JBL stuff has detailed documentation and drive spec's.

So far, the only thing I know about the componets used in the Jubilee is what is indicated in the cenima brochure I posted earlier.

I just wish folks stop telling me one thing, and the evidence clearly shows another.

Hey speakerfritz

What I posted was just some general statements and not specificly toward what you have stated.

Of course I don't know what all avenues you pursued but I thought I remember Roy indicating for you to contact him but maybe I'm mistaken.

Also just to clarify something, Roy has posted many graphs and info on the Jubilee on the forum so all the info isn't just from individuals.

Anyway just trying to help speakerfritz.

mike tn[:)]

mikebse2a3

This is about the source of the parts used by the folks who made the DIY versions.

Apparently open season is over and if someone like myself wants to buy the parts used to make Jubilees, they have to buy complete systems thru the theater dealer.

Example, to buy woofers from klipsch used in the theater line...I need to buy bass bins. Does not make any sense to me, to buy bass bins, pull the drivers, then make bass bins.

It seems the HF sections are purchasable (I think), but It doesn't do me any good to have HF sections with out the parts to make the LF section.

It's really not a big deal. JBL parts are as good if not better. The JBL stuff has detailed documentation and drive spec's.

So far, the only thing I know about the componets used in the Jubilee is what is indicated in the cenima brochure I posted earlier.

I just wish folks stop telling me one thing, and the evidence clearly shows another.

Gee.... did you even read the PM I sent you >??? Or did you just dismiss it as heresy? I know you looked at it.... I guess our breath is wasted.

mikebse2a3

SF. I missed your point. I see now.

The pair of K-31's I had from my jubilee clones is still in my hands. They were not ordered from Klipsch. I don't have two pairs. They are used. I was keeping them for a possible neato center channel project for later.

It will be tough to find a 12" woofer with the specs of the K31. I have tried long and hard or I don't know what I'm looking at. So if making a bass bin from scratch.....go with two 15"'s....good idea.

jc

M. Hurd. I tested the two Pioneer woofers that you speak of. The one that is the closest to spec is poor. The 51D. This was the woofer of choice back When BidFday built his clones. He has those in his. They poop out in the bandpass.

The 51F is a little off spec but works pretty good. Has more grunt/lowend than the K31 but maybe a little less slam. But it does work.

Now the Kappa Pro 12's have some serious slam. Those things are beasts. The Vb is just right with those. Higher SPL. They just don't have the low end grunt. If you were to build the Jubilees and still want to use a Subwoofer, these would work great.

jc

Too funny, I guess it depends on where you're sitting. Since buying the Jubilees, I feel like I've been trying to get back into the Klipsch Club. If anyone around here's being alienated, it's the Jubilee owners who half the time are treated like they're a bunch of idiots for buying into Delgado's sham. We started PM'ing and emailing when intelligent conversation about them became nearly impossible -- and God forbid anyone say they sound better than a pair of Klipshorns.

I have the greatest admiration and respect for you JC, and reading about your projects is fresh air -- please don't stop posting about them. However, since you're so transparent and put your stuff up for evaluation and review, it does leave you open to criticism. You handle it well. Now, I did have some thoughts about your Jubilee clones that would have come off unnecessarily harsh, so I didn't put them in the thread. So I did something worse, I shared them in email with a couple of people. What I basically said was that they sound like LaScalas because they curve like LaScalas. It would have been better to post what I thought in the thread so you could defend the curves since you were the one that took the measurements. I now wish I would have kept my mouth shut. Anyways, I want to say I'm sorry.

Fritz, I think Roy had some K-31's sitting on a dusty shelf in his lab and sent some to BEC and JC for testing and playing around, and Shawn ended up with the original K-510 prototypes (probably off the same dusty shelf). So, some got in on the game early and ended up with a couple things. This isn't a situation where some are allowed to buy some parts and others aren't, or some have to buy through normal channels and some don't. As for the two-way Jubilee, it's not a production unit, and requires some mixing of components -- and Roy oversees that process.

I'm one of the ones who said they sound like LaScalas too. There is a characteristic sound the Jubs have that is partly like a lascala. I have both in the same room and I can listen to either instantly (speakers A/B switches). However, there's a ton more beyond that. They are MUCH bigger sounding than the Lascala.

I think what I have sound very close to what I heard at Richard's house. I'm not so sure I could tell the difference. I know dimensionally what JC did to intentionally make them different than the exact Jubs.

But.....and JC knows this because we've discussed it......I'm getting a set of 402/K69s when the funds shore up. The khorn top section sounds nice but I underestimated the output of the bass bins. The khorn top section (K-55) doesn't have enough poop or finess to keep up. I've boughten into the idea of the engineered 2-way. It's a tested Klipsch design. I just want to stop experimenting and finish them. I also decided that they sound too much like all my other speakers and I have to admit I enjoy listening to them or the Khorns about equally. I know they could be so much more and "different". And since I've decided to keep them and finish them......I'll probably be giving Roy a call at some point to see if I can get some assistance.

I do not want to downplay how nice they sound right now as is. They are impressive. But......not finished yet.

Ditto that Dean [Y] I very much enjoy reading about the DIY projects and I can only hope that I'm not part of that annoying criticism! I'm sure I'm annoying, but isn't that expected from the younger generation?

Btw, has anyone called you deaf for liking the Jubilees yet Dean?