Questions answered - Jubilee Sparrow's and humming birds

Guest " "

I sure as heck can't go to Regal theaters in Douglasville Georgia and say "Hey, Roy Delgado from Klipsch told me you guys had some Klipsch Cinema speakers. Can I come check um out".

In all seriousness, I had toyed around with doing just that. (I've got some near me). All it would take is a phone call to the manager and the worst that can happen is they say "no".... what did you lose by trying?

On the other hand, if you are successful, you might reach a manager that loves to show off the system and have the ability to toss something into the player for a quick 15 minute audition and give you the center seat in the (otherwise empty) house.

How ironic would it be if you reached a manager who owned some Klipsch and was a fan already?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jwcullison

"So....If you look at the cutsheet listed below...you see where I got the 800Hz and 5KHz XO points. "

We're getting to the meat here....some driver spec's as well as polar charts and response graphs could help understand which driver combo has a better potential of performing closer to the horns threashold, assuming K-510 follows the normal Klipsch parts naming convention and the horn is capable of operating at or near 500hz.   If one goes active, one may want to know the operating range of the horn, and if driver choices increases flexibility, be aware of that up front.

I sent Chuck (refered to by Roy) a request for information.

Also collecting any info others may have.

" assuming K-510 follows the normal Klipsch parts naming convention and the horn is capable of operating at or near 500hz. If one goes active, one may want to know the operating range of the horn, and if driver choices increases flexibility, be aware of that up front."

Yes, the horn gets to 500hz. Below that it rolls off.

Shawn

I guess you are right Richard. I really don't have anything to lose. I may need to come up with a good pitch. I'll think this over.

It's official. I can't go to Indy. Tried to arrange it but can't get off call. Now I'm not gonna hear a potential setup of ther Jub with a 510 (if it was ever gonna happen).

jc

I guess you are right Richard. I really don't have anything to lose. I may need to come up with a good pitch. I'll think this over.

It's official. I can't go to Indy. Tried to arrange it but can't get off call. Now I'm not gonna hear a potential setup of ther Jub with a 510 (if it was ever gonna happen).

jc

if they deliver a pair to Indy it has to get there SOMEHOW... I vote that it gets delivered via Carrolton Georgia a week early. I'm sure with his knife skills, JC could slice the box open, remove said speakers, try them for a week, reinstall them into the box and sew up the incision and no one would know any better...

!!

he might even throw in some laughing gas (to be released when speakers are in Indy) for kicks!

Another thought is, we could move the Indy get together down to HIS house?? Forget all the hotels, we'll just jam into his place and forget the pools, we'll get out the Ronco Wet-slide in the back yard.

[^o)]

Actually, Richard, I'm quite surprised that us southeastern forums members haven't come up with a "gathering" like other forum members are doing. I had actually given this a lot of thought. Not at my house but maybe some other place. I really never gave my place a thought until now.....a thought.....ok I need to stop thinking.

Heck....we could rent a place for that matter.

I bet I could also arrange for a certain McIntosh/Klipsch dealer to prepare some demo setups in their store. I talk to this manager a good bit.

jc

Well JC, I certainly enjoy volunteering other people!! I'll take first dibbs on the wet slide.

I'm open for the idea... could also have an "outdoor" version at my place however as you saw, I don't have a lot of room for overnighters. There ARE hotels in town and plenty of room on the farm if anyone is into camping or campers.

I was thinking, outdoors in the field, grill (charcoal) going, couple ice chests.... Plenty of room in the field to really let things rip and as you saw, neighbors are very few.

I've thought about this at my place before but the truth is my wife already rolls her eyes at "the boys" playing like we do. She simply does NOT get this affliction we have and for her, a bose really IS good enough (I'm talking wave radio)

I hate to admit it but she woudln't be too thrilled on having "X" number of strangers sleeping over for a night or two. She'd feel compelled to play the perfect host & make sure everyones needs are looked after. She is almost incapable of walking away and letting the 'boys be boys" and take care of ourselves. It's really a sweet thing in her but sometimes her inner burdon to help others becomes a burdon for her to help others. Kind of a funky Catch-22. That is one reason I always try to have people over when she's NOT home.

So, if the idea percolates on having a SE get together, I'm also open on having it my way. I don't know that my house is the best candidate for something like that, as contrasted with doing something outside in the field. I suppose there are sonic tradeoffs but just think of how we could try different width settings & see how the Jubes might compare/contrast with LaScalas...when sitting 10 feet apart... then 50 feet... then...

mas. Where are you? You're in Florida?

Richard and Mark. Agree that souds awesome. Now....lugging jubilees into the field would be one PITA. La Scalas out there would be cool.

It was just something to bring up. Last year at the Hope gathering....I got the most education and interest out of the Farmhouse althought the listening enviroment indoors was poor.

SF! You still around. Give us an update. This is your thread. Any new developments?

Mark......I have heard you have conspired with my wife on a B-Day gift? That info is trickling down into a strong reality at Georgia Home Theater.

jc

Mark......I have heard you have conspired with my wife on a B-Day gift? That info is trickling down into a strong reality at Georgia Home Theater.

jc

JC,

Well.......if things haven't changed I sure know what it is. You have a fine woman looking after you. I didn't have to do very much work.

mas. Where are you? You're in Florida?

I'm starting an uncalled for rumor that he's WANTED in Florida, so he picked up and scooted over to Texas where they are more allowing of rascals

Richard and Mark. Agree that souds awesome. Now....lugging jubilees into the field would be one PITA.

Indeed, not to mention down a narrow flight of stairs. I COULD "toss" them into the front bucket of Brutus (backhoe/loader) and carry them around??

La Scalas out there would be cool.

They are already in the basement room with French doors...very easy to get in/out

It was just something to bring up. Last year at the Hope gathering....I got the most education and interest out of the Farmhouse althought the listening enviroment indoors was poor.

SF! You still around. Give us an update. This is your thread. Any new developments?

Now how cool is that with the wife!!! Happy Birthday. Way to conspire Mark!

jc

I could probably be counted in on a gathering in the South too. I'm just a few miles south of Chattanooga. Let's see, John Albright is in Chattanooga, and might be interested. I would be willing to haul the Moondogs out for some low level listening, if there was any interest.

Bruce

"SF! You still around. Give us an update. This is your thread. Any new developments?"

Getting close on the config for a top section.

K-1132 or K-1133 mid driver on a K-510 horn.

K-70-G HF driver on a K-703 horn.

I had 4 K-31-E's offered to me, but I am headed towards 15" drivers, another forum member elected to move forward on the 4 K-31-E's.