Pair of Cornwall III - sold on Ebay for....

CosimoJack

That seller scares me -- I wouldn't lose sleep over missing out on them. Their feedback is abysmal by most standards, and the "Caveat Emptor"/As-Is disclaimer isn't terribly reassuring. One pic isn't very revealing of condition, either, and can you imagine trying to deal with these guys if you did find they needed to be returned? These sorts of operations are set up to sell mass quantities of display and return items from retailers with minimal staff. Read: ZERO customer service.

Not me -- no thanks!

A different strategy might be tobid more aggressively on the second single, and then deal with the first buyer from there.

If the buyer knew (and I suspect they did) what these were worth, they played a great hand. Still, I'm surprised at the seeming lack of interest...

The lack of interest was do the bidder's risk of not getting both, without having to make assinine bids. I wonder if these were stolen, and then pawned?

• Moderators

They are sold singly nowdays for ease of use in HT. Many people need three Heresies, or a single LS for between Khorns.

Me, I just bought a pair of CWIII's in black. [:D]

M

Did you really ? Wow, you were serious when you said "collect them all, it's a set" ! [:D]

That seller scares me -- I wouldn't lose sleep over missing out on them. Their feedback is abysmal by most standards, and the "Caveat Emptor"/As-Is disclaimer isn't terribly reassuring. One pic isn't very revealing of condition, either, and can you imagine trying to deal with these guys if you did find they needed to be returned? These sorts of operations are set up to sell mass quantities of display and return items from retailers with minimal staff. Read: ZERO customer service.

Not me -- no thanks!

That's why it's called Bargain Land and not Customer Comes First Land.

• Moderators

They are sold singly nowdays for ease of use in HT. Many people need three Heresies, or a single LS for between Khorns.

M

You just bout CWIII's in Black? Are you kidding me? Where are you going to put them? Do you just sign your check and hand it back to Klipsch at the end of the month?[:D]

Good price - but I have seen Cornwalls for sale on Amazon for $1750 or thereabouts - brand new. I seem to recall they have Scala's too but I cannot remember the price. Who knows what is going on there - I thought Klipsch didnt sell Heritage new, on-line.

Edit - Just hunted it down http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Cornwall-Black-Loaded-Loudspeaker/dp/B000FOMZ4U/ref=sr_1_28/102-1324173-3924115?ie=UTF8&s=audio-video&qid=1177069243&sr=1-28

I was a buck and a bit out.

Also on there:

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-KLIPSCHORN-Horn-Loaded-Floorstanding-Loudspeaker/dp/B000JQM14S/ref=sr_1_30/102-1324173-3924115?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1177657286&sr=1-30

KHorns for $3,750 - new but not the latest version.

Heresy 3's for $750!!

And scalas indeed:

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-SCALA-Heritage-Floorstanding-Speaker/dp/B000OCVKV2/ref=sr_1_54/102-1324173-3924115?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1177657418&sr=1-54

For $2,750.

Something is going on here!!

Those speakers are sold from One Call. They do sell new Klipsch, http://www.onecall.com/ProductSearch.aspx?viewall=1&N=259+1170&Ne=1061. They even have the 30th anniversary ones.

James

Spoke with the buyer... he would have beat my $700... so I don't feel so bad now.

He's a little nervous about the sellers feedback too... said he'll let me know when he gets the speakers. I'll let you know how he makes out. I think he got a steal, hopefully it works out for him.

• Moderators

M

You just bout CWIII's in Black? Are you kidding me? Where are you going to put them? Do you just sign your check and hand it back to Klipsch at the end of the month?[:D]

Travis,

Colter signs his check AND gives them a personal check to make up the difference between his salary and his purchases!!!![;)]

Michael, you thought you would just slip that in without anyone noticing????????

• Moderators

OK I was not supposed to tell but, He is a male stripper 3 nights a week, that's where he makes his real money !

Sorry Michael but your secrets out ! He also does private parties for bachelorettes !

OK I was not supposed to tell but, He is a male stripper 3 nights a week, that's where he makes his real money !

Sorry Michael but your secrets out !       He also does private parties for bachelorettes !                       

I'd say that if Michael is working as a male stripper there is more than his "secret" out.
- Jim