Receiver help? Which Denon

codyaaron2

Which Denon will do the job for the RF-82 Home Theater System.

There is almost 30 Denon receivers to chose from, actually less because

I dont have an unlimited bank account if you know what i mean. I would

like to spend around $500 or so if possible. I do not have and hdmi imputs

at this time so that is not a necessity. I just want something that will have

enough power for the RF-82 Home Theater System. I dont want to get a

receiver that will not push the speakers and be unhappy. I use my system

mostly for movies and watching TV. I listen to the radio and music very little,

mostly for movies.

Thanks

Based on your $500 'limit', I'd recommend the Denon AVR-2307CI, which MSRPs at $799.

You should be able to pick it up at an authorized denon dealer for an offer of $650-$700.

I think the 2307CI would keep your 82 system Loud and Clear.

I wouldn't go any lower in the lineup, only higher, lest ye have limitations in dynamics during loud passages.

What subwoofer do you have?

Just bought 2 new AVR-2807's, one for the living room with 3 pairs of heresy's and the second for the bedroom for the HT experience with Klipschorns & Cornwalls (and my wife...[<:o)]; in any event, I looked at a number of amps for almost a month, and the top two Denons were the 2807 and the 2307 CI. i picked the 2807 because of the additional features related to the auto setup with the microphone etc. etc. From your viewpoint, the 2307CI might be the best choice. The have some factory "B" stocks that have the warranty at DAKMART which is an authorized Denon dealer. You have to be careful about eBay and the internet regarding Denon. If the seller is not an authorized Denon dealer, Denon will NOT honor the warranty and any repairs required usually take forever (because you are at the bottom of the list...)

I bought an avr-1906 refurbished for about $250. Running Rf-7's, I've had it doing well over 110db at 9 feet. Never had it clip. Now this is not running 5 or 7 speakers at the same time, just 2 channel, I don't know how the power supply would handle pushing difficult loads on more than 2....

As far as I could tell, didn't really look like moving up the chain did a lot sonically, just bells and whistles I didn't need or want.

. The have some factory "B" stocks that have the warranty at DAKMART which is an authorized Denon dealer. You have to be careful about eBay and the internet regarding Denon. If the seller is not an authorized Denon dealer, Denon will NOT honor the warranty and any repairs required usually take forever (because you are at the bottom of the list...)

I would even be leary of purchasing from Dakmart. They may be an authorized reseller, but I am seeing and hearing stories of Dakmart being VERY DIFFICULT to deal with when they sell you a defective unit. I have even read reports where they have fudged with their seller rating on ebay. Do a little research on them before you buy from them.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Dakmart

http://www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org/nis/newsearch2.asp?ID=1&strBCode=06330000&ComID=0633000034000584#

I bought an avr-1906 refurbished for about $250. Running Rf-7's, I've had it doing well over 110db at 9 feet. Never had it clip. Now this is not running 5 or 7 speakers at the same time, just 2 channel, I don't know how the power supply would handle pushing difficult loads on more than 2....

As far as I could tell, didn't really look like moving up the chain did a lot sonically, just bells and whistles I didn't need or want.

I have had my Klipsch RF-7 based HT for over 4 years and I have been more than happy with it. Unfortunately lightening struck close to my house and my Denon AVR 4802R was damaged beyond repair. For the last 4 months I had to drive my HT with a Denon AVR 3805 which I use to drive a smaller system in the Bedroom.

Normally I run towers as side surrounds and sometimes played both A & B surrounds simultaneously on action movies. With the AVR 3805 I had to replace my side surrounds with Bookshelf speakers and I could only run a 7.1 systems to satisfaction (with the ".1" going into 2 subs). Last week I received my replacement Denon AVR 4806 THX ultra II AVR and I am extremely pleased with my "9.2" system with towers as my side surrounds, again. [H]

I would even be leary of purchasing from Dakmart. They may be an authorized reseller, but I am seeing and hearing stories of Dakmart being VERY DIFFICULT to deal with when they sell you a defective unit. I have even read reports where they have fudged with their seller rating on ebay. Do a little research on them before you buy from them.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Dakmart

http://www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org/nis/newsearch2.asp?ID=1&strBCode=06330000&ComID=0633000034000584#

So far so good, the 2807's have been "on" 24/7, burning in, checking for heat, running CNN while at work, etc., since I received them; no problems so far. Maybe because I spoke with the manager direct for about an hour, talked about boats and the Lake, etc., before going for it. First couple of days the sound was "tinny", but after that they warmed up, broke in, etc. They sound very good now. All the features work, etc. The two I received had some very small symetrical scratches on one side, but still had the factory seal over the chassis/cover plate. I guess I got two that were rejected for the scratches, rather than any internal problems. When I turned them on they were at the factory default with nothing in memory, etc. I can live with a couple scratches that you can't see unless you pull the amp. $1100 vs $700? For a couple scratches, I'll do the $700..... Besides, I have his cell phone numbers..... The savings alone paid for a new 300' foot horse fence section (WAF...)

That's a good observation. I actually wanted the HDMI capability. I have DTV receivers and my wife wanted to see stuff in better def. that part really works well.