Lets see if I can add a few more names to the "I am coming to Indy in June" list.

I believe the magic number is to add 14dB? Or was that for the chamber? I never quite understood Trey's numbers because he uses 4dB when it should be a theoritical 6dB...which would imply 2dB of losses in the walls. Wouldn't that mean if we did something to stiffen up the wall and minimize transmission losses that we would achieve an extra 2dB of free output?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Klipsch Employees

I believe the magic number is to add 14dB? Or was that for the chamber? I never quite understood Trey's numbers because he uses 4dB when it should be a theoritical 6dB...which would imply 2dB of losses in the walls. Wouldn't that mean if we did something to stiffen up the wall and minimize transmission losses that we would achieve an extra 2dB of free output?

On avg. you will see about 4 db of gain from "Room Gain". There is a 9.5 db difference from chamber 3m to chamber 1m.

EDIT: I used the wrong words...

the number you remember is 13.5db

oh yeah, one more thing, when you FINALLY get TWO MATCHING JUBILEES

in a room with the 402 horn and K69 driver, here's what they look like:

(I won't tell you what they sound like, you'll have to hear for yourself!)

Hey, Michael, what's the gray shaded area behind the Jubs in the picture?

The 60th's are in the room with the 510 Jubes. That room in the pic is where the Ultra2 system was shown at the last Indy Pilgrimage. In my opinion its the best sounding of all the listening rooms, which is fitting that the 402 Jube is in there [Y]

I dunno what's in the corners though...almost looks like LENRD bass traps - but that's gotta be more than one if it's taking up that much space.

How come the Jubes aren't tucked into the corners? Just to show off that they can come out a bit?

That is just a temporary setting Doc. You know how Trey likes to keep a clean shop. Yes those are double sized Lenrd traps- 2' along each wall.

I think all Jubes are going into the 2 ch room with the 60th Anni-K's. There will be some sort of theatre in the THX room for y'all.

Hint- it won't be the THX system! BWHAHAHAHAHA

Placement wise, you could probably have the Jubilees that far out from the corners. The 60th Anni-K's with integral backs should be within 12" of the walls at each horn mouth, the Jubilee does better at 1/8 space but could probably work well even farther out than the Khorns.

This room normally has the 650's on stands across the front, dual THX subs at right front at angle, the KS525 side surrounds and 525 rears up high, centered, and TOGETHER. Massive sound, just massive.

• Klipsch Employees

Steve and I set the 402 jub's up last night. We listened to many different tracks and could not help but ask why anyone would want thoes things in their house. I think we will stop the Jub 510 build and give away Quintet 3's.  It was just bad, I am putting in the paper work to stop building Jubs...

Just kidding.[6]

oh yeah, one more thing, when you FINALLY get TWO MATCHING JUBILEES

in a room with the 402 horn and K69 driver, here's what they look like:

(I won't tell you what they sound like, you'll have to hear for yourself!)

Hey, Michael, what's the gray shaded area behind the Jubs in the picture?

Just the flash, room is dark.....they don't look like that, no shading