Lets see if I can add a few more names to the "I am coming to Indy in June" list.

Yea, we'll need to show you how to carry some speakers when you come to Indy...I just got finished moving my Marantz 940's by myself (which are twice the size of your 83's) - and I've even got my blown back slowing me down! I'm just taking a quick break, but I'm on my way back to grab me Chorus II's so I can jam to some tunes while moving everything around...though I think I might wait for some help - I don't think I can do it without using my back.

I used to carry speakers the size of lascalas around when I was 10 years old...I was slow and had to take a ton of breaks, but I never once hurt me back.

Nevertheless, don't you have some friends you could sucker into helping you move? It's a breeze when you got two people. Or heck, bust out a dolly and wrap it up in cloth so you don't scratch anything. I believe that's what all the crazy khorn and jubilee owners are doing. I'm sure they could be carried by one person too....but I don't think I want to be the one doing it! [:o]

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember telling them to leave my 12 gauge out, that I would take that with me. The lead guy ask why, and my answer was ..."just in case you damage my speakers..." Not sure I have ever seen Cornwalls or LS packed so well.

LOL!

Btw, Jay....no need to worry about moving stuff around. It's a once in a while thing. It sucks, but it's oh so worth the tunes inbetween move times. Just gotta keep telling myself that during the move today....

I have a hell of a time just to move the rf-83

Kids today! sheesh, when I was your age I could run up a flight of stairs carrying a LS bass bin!

I remember telling them to leave my 12 gauge out, that I would take that with me. The lead guy ask why, and my answer was ..."just in case you damage my speakers..." Not sure I have ever seen Cornwalls or LS packed so well.

LOL!

Btw, Jay....no need to worry about moving stuff around. It's a once in a while thing. It sucks, but it's oh so worth the tunes inbetween move times. Just gotta keep telling myself that during the move today....

I have a hell of a time just to move the rf-83

Kids today! sheesh, when I was your age I could run up a flight of stairs carrying a LS bass bin!

actually the lascala bin is easy as hell to move..... the rf-83 have no

where to f#$^$ grip other than the port in one hand and the other hand

in the horn making walking very odd..... you cannot really use the side since its rather slick

and would slip out. Remember the RF-83 are tall and wide making

carrying alot harder.... Lascala bins easier to move since they are

squarish and the have areas to actually hold!

This is the one Roy sent. Steve and I loaded the woofers in last night. I was going to build a cabinet for the HF but changed my mind. You guys will just change it anyway, so we just made it stand it up.

I think it is beautiful, just like it is (did someone say beauty is in the eye of the beholder?)

If I was the lucky recipient, the Jubs would go upstairs in the room that my wife calls "man land" because of the audio gear and the 65" TV. Of course, the Cornwalls would have to move down to the master bedroom [:)].

• Klipsch Employees

We were going to spend a bit of time building these up, but you guys will just do it again onece you get them...so.

To make sure we know this pr...I want to paint them BS button yellow. 

what do you think?

I hope to have these at the mixer. 

Anything but pink. Pink I'd have to rework.

Every morning since you anounced this detail, I get up now looking forward to the possibility of winning these hounds. That's a great feeling, being in a small lottery like that. This is going to be an awesome month leading up to the Indy fest.

Have you gotten them wired for sound yet? How are they sounding?

We were going to spend a bit of time building these up, but you guys will just do it again onece you get them...so.

To make sure we know this pr...I want to paint them BS button yellow.

what do you think?

I hope to have these at the mixer.

[:P] That works for me hehe, as I will be helpen with them.....guess we better get to the paint store with a button to match....

Haha, I wouldn't mind having school busses in my living room!

So who will be pulling from the hat this year? And what is his/her biggest weakness? [A]

Me too Mike, shame I can't get my hands on em.....

Mike, did you get that email from me, you never responded, should I PM you? We were back and forth with PM so I emailed the last response

I did get the email. I think I received it during finals week so I put it off and then I've been moving to a new apartment and all sorts of craziness so it got put on the back burner. I just now replied to your klipsch account, but wasn't sure if I should send to the other email you provided.

In the original picture, I was thinking I might have to pretty these up a bit (dreaming that I'd win - but best odds I've ever had for winning something worthwhile) but would I want to as these cabinets have some history.

Or that I could go crazy and build my own cabinets like the person in another thread.... not sure my woodworking skills are yet up to such a task. Then I'd have a set of cabinets to return and you're back where you started from.

I think BS button yellow would be way too cool ... and I'd feel guilty to mess with the finish - though the WAF would be higher if finished in a nice veneer - but the BS Button yellow sounds way too cool and makes these even more of Klipsch collector's item

Even cooler if you'd paint on the BS, maybe somewhat inconspciuosly, and then have the people who helped put them together sign each cabinet. How cool would that be?

Hey BSam, Welcome to the Madness, what are you running these days?

Michael

Michael,

I almost sent a private message as my system is sooooo puny compared to most. I've been a fan of Klipsch products since high school but still have yet to purchase my first Klipsch product nor my first pair of real speakers. I suspect marriage and kids will do that to you.

Most of my audio purchases have been things on sale, trying not to spend too much money I don't have and the components I do have not really assembled with any real plan.

Living room

Speakers are a pair of 8" 2 ways I built in college a little too cheaply - particle board shelving and a really crappy crossover, drivers by Peerless - K010DT 1" soft dome tweeter, not sure of the woofer model though I replaced both woofers after a move (the one time I hadn't packed them myself or moved them myself....) (WAY past due for an upgrade - I've put off rebuilding a better box, they don't look that bad as venerred in cherry and a real crossover as I'd rather put that money into some real speakers though it could be fun to see how much better sound I could get)

I did have 3 pairs of Advent Marbls (have I lost mine) that I paid next to nothing for but fried one pair at my daughters 16th birthdy party (itty bitty speakers hooked up to a powerful high current amplifier and cheap mixer with more output than a standard preamp - Aretha's R.E.S.P.E.C.T. sounded much better and louder than I thought those little speakers could - then someone put on some Sum 41 (EMO genre) - the 5-1/4" mid bass drivers lasted about 5 seconds, the tweeters quite a bit longer may have been going yet when I got back to the volume control, so being the cool Dad that I am, I put up another pair with some serious tape to limit the level and remembered that the Carver amp had an input level control on each channel) - my first pair of Klipsch speakers may be outdoor models to use on Deckzilla should it ever approach completeness) (I promise, should I win the Jubs, no teenage will get a chance at the volume control - I suspect the aforementioned mixer would drive them plenty loud enough - or close enough to set or spill their sodas on them)

Turntable (still play vinyl once in a while when I'm not too lazy as any vinyl I play gets a once over from the old Discwasher and zerostat) is Dual CS500 fitted with SHURE V15 type5MR cartridge - I did replace the original cable by cutting down a lower level monster cable as the original developed a short - I had found a replacement at at least one source that can supply parts and/or rebuild Dual turntables recommended carefully bending the pins for the original cable and soldering on your own cable so that's what I did

Phone preamp is Rolls vp29 - small little red box with external walwart power supply - Made In USA - probably would've gotten the NAD or Parasound but I buy US made products when possible and the Rolls was the least expensive of the 3

DVD / CD Player is a Toshiba SD 2200 - a twin tray model and I'm not sure why as there's not an option to play tray 1 and then tray 2 - no component video

CD Recorder / Player - Teac RW-H300 - a half rack width and somewhat tall with a THICK aluminum faceplate I picked up an on-line auction a few years ago

Preamp - Chase Remote Line Controller I bought from an online source when they were "giving" them away for S&H of $23 or something really cheap - cheap enough I should've gotten another one or two

Amplifier

Carver AV705x - rated 125 wpc into 8 ohms, I think 180 wpc into 8 ohm driving 2 channels - and capable of delivering high currentl - currently sitting on my desk waiting to install the replacement power switch - it took quite a while to get the new switch as Roland, the person who bought out the Carver parts inventory from Sunfire when it was sold to ?, had just received the parts and hadn't yet even opened most of the cartons - then forgot to ship my switch but promptly didso when I called a couple of weeks after he thought he had shipped it - in transit that day - would not hesitate to use him for any repairs or as parts source - as my dream speakers have long been Klipschorns, though I've yet to hear a pair (didn't want to torture myself) I'm not sure what I was thinking in buying such a brute of an amplifier, though I did get it new for less than 1/2 it's normal retail price. I've also been interested in the Ohm, Magnepan, and Legacy brands though I think I'd choose Klipsch as they seem to have the best performance for the price.

Realistic STA-52 receiver I bought in something like 1978 - rated 12 wpc into 8 ohms - tuner has only functioned in mono for years - but plenty of power to drive my homemade speakers far louder than is probably healthy for my hearing

Receiver - Harman Kardon AVR 85 - rated 85 wpc into 8 ohms with good current capability - currently has numerous issues - left main channel doesn't work - front panel display works once in a great while and is collecting dust primarily thouugh I've used occasionally as a tuner - mostly used it as preamp / turner anyway as I got it after the Carver amplifier - Bought this new from an online auction at a very good price but still within $200 of the Outlaw Audio preamp / tuner / processor available at that time - haven't decided yet if I want to take it to a repair shop or dig out my soldering iron and dive into it myself armed with soldering iron and a simple Radio Shack multimeter - this also runs much hotter than the Carver amplifier - suspect most of the problems from powerline surges not quite sever enought to be trapped by my apparently less than adequate surge protector - thinking of getting something similar to the Furman models I've found that should clamp down on spikes pretty well but also shut things down gracefully when the power deviates very much from the standard

Cables - standard 12 gauge zip cord for the speakers, inexpensive Radio Shack interconnects

Outside - The 2nd set of Advent Marbls driven by a 30 wpc JBL receiver with bad tuner section, or occasionally the Carver amp, source normally Zen Xtra mp3 or portable CD player connected to a Radio Shack mixer or direct from headphone jack, occasionally FM from the HK receiver

Bedroom - Teac Tuner with built in timer hooked up to Boston Acoustics BA-4800 computer speakers - got them for about $25 at an online auction - replaced old Realistice minimus 11 (the big brother to the minimus 7) from the college days hooked up to a JBL receiver with dead tuner section

Home Office - Cambridge Soundworks Model 12 transportable (these were a gift but pretty good for portable system) sources are a rack system Sansui tuner, a 6 disc Magnavox CD changer, and headphone adaptor to plug into Creative Labs Zen Xtra mp3 player

Kitchen - Cambridge Soundworks Soundworks computer speakers using the tuner of a portable walkman sized cassette player or swapping the mp3 player - got these on spur of the moment when they were new on the market - not sure Klipsch made computer speakers then

Office at work - Cambridge Soundworks computer speakers, the 4 speaker model a step below the Soundworks - had used in bedroom for a while so currently at home as I try not to work late enough to be able to listen to speakers - normally Grado SR60 headphones driven by Creative Labs Zen Xtra mp3

Sorry for the length - I missed a night's sleep recently and tend to ramble, on and on when I've not had enough sleep....

I am serious when I commented on an earlier post that I may be able to come help with some heavy lifting....

Ben

might as well complete the novel ... the Garage has a pair of minimus 7's driven by an old car stereo - I'll probably soon add the minimus 11's and may someday be joined by my current homebuilt main speakers - that may be the time to build a better (sounding) box and real crossover