June Klipsch weekend 22-24th 2007 in Indianapolis, Indiana. Be there!! Or miss out!!

So, I know I am in 2 channel, maybe this post should be in announcements, but I had a few (6) thoughts...

1) I have been through the last 4 summer get togethers. Each one has been fantastic for the Klipsch fan in me. I even got to fulfill a lifelong dream of going to Hope, Arkansas, and seeing how things are built in the factory, the museum, and talking with people that designed and built my speakers too. (BTW, some of them many years later STILL work on the factory floor were amazed we actually cared to thank them in person.) Southern food is great too as well. [:)] Were passionate about speakers and audio as much as most of the people that BUILD them are.

2) For any Klipsch fan, this is a must IMO to see engineering, learn more about your own systems, and compare and get hints from others that have gone down the same path too. I could have never built my own HT without the help of some people and their advice in here, great people I have met like Picky, Damon, mOOn, Rick, Colterphoto1, Trey, Steve, DeanG, Craig, yes even Paul Parrot, and countless others... Part of "the magic of a summer" for me, is this get together. You also get to meet these people IN PERSON too.. LOL. Trust me, some people are exactly like they are in here... Others are much different... but it IS fun to see and hear the voice of so many of you I admire, to hang out, trade war stories.. and to LEARN too.

3) As this year approaches, I am wondering what they have in store for us this year.... on Saturday ????

Besides treating us to a weekend, usually lunch at headquarters and possibly dinner, they also have goody bags full of info, freebies and sometimes FREE SPEAKERS!!

I do not know about you, but they have given away fantastic speakers too... Heritage Cornwall II's brand new in the finish YOU wanted... Ask Dtel.... Heresy's ask Picky... all these guys did last year was show up... one name per family.. and they won. In past years they have given away if I am not mistaken pro media systems as well. The progression gets to be bigger...

This year they are giving away a set of Jubilees.... Hello???? So prototype or not..thats 7k worth of Jubilee for free!! Hello???? If you do not want them... I am sure I will gladly take them off your hands.. While they are not for sale.. I will offer you a great dinner in exchange.. hehehehehe

4) There is also another side to the weekend.. We are asked for OUR input, too, in what we feel we hear or like about speakers... (sometimes before anyone in the public gets to see/ hear them as well.) I do not have any inside info, but.... think about it logically too.. You can "feel" there is something new coming... and we, as the test market, would be the ideal candidate to give them feedback as well before they introduce it to the CEDIA show this fall... .

IMO, were probably due for a new reference line soon. They might also have some changes or additions to the Home Theater category too. They can't change the Heritage line up, but we have asked for a Heritage center??? Again, these are my guesses... I know they have some great iPod stuff coming out, because we have seen pictures of them and I wanna hear it too. Again, some of this what we hear, what we might see... We might possibly WIN it too!! Again for free!

5) Klipsch does not have to do this for us.. They open up their doors to the corporation to show off some.. but more to share with us what they do.. where they have been, and where they are going too! We get to really talk, ask questions from people that bring excitement to our ears.... I love the 2-channel and HT set ups. I love learning more about things in the lab as well. I know this year, were going to see how x overs change the feel of our speakers maybe how to upgrade and how not to upgrade other things too.

We also have a chance to talk with the engineers and marketing people on their day off to get their input to our systems too. How cool is that?

As a side note.... We should give Trey Cannon an amazing amount of Thank You's!!! Trust me.. I was in the lab at 2-3 am last year... the night before... building stuff.. putting gear together for the sat night event with him and Doc. I helped lift and drive over equipment to get there too.. Trey had the contacts and got us the huge circus tent, got incredible food.. good music, I could go on and on.. the fact is he alone really pulled it all together.. and pulled it off too. That is the part you do not see, but we all benefit from it too.

6) My last point is this.... I also love to chat with all of you on the board. Many of you have become great friends over the years.. But having an excuse to see you in person IMO my summer would be lost without some great food, cool drinks, and laughing a lot just hanging out with you guys...

If you ever considered it, do come this year to Indy. We never know if they will continue this tradition forever, and trust me, you will also will walk away with great knowledge on Klipsch, hang out with some great people, and maybe win something too. Indy is a great city, lots to do and see!! So come early, hang out a day or two later.... I know you will fall in love with your Klipsch Speakers all over again.

P.S. I do not know what is coming it is just a guess or two what is in store for us!

June Klipsch weekend 22-24th 2007 in Indianapolis, Indiana. Be there!! Or miss out!!

It was a good time 2 years ago when I went. June is darn busy last year and this year so I am thinking forward to 2008.

If anyone has not attended, has the wekend free, and gas cost is not too prohibilitive; seriously consider attending.

I had lunch with Jim Hunter, Engineering Manger and got to sing "Wild Thing" on Rogers karoke, among other rapid fire micro events.

Highly recommended!

Maybe just soo many already have gone, or newbies have no interest too? I am just surprised not more people going so far too?

Especially when we know more equipment is coming! (My good guess)

And a chance to win something (Free speakers are always very cool!) ...... and hang out with others too?

Maybe we do need to tell stories why you should go too?

as of today??

What: The Annual Klipsch Pilgrimage

Where: Klipsch Headquarters and Engineering Facility, 3502 Woodview Trace, Indianapolis, IN 46268 (NW corner, I-465 and Michigan Rd)

When: Saturday June 23, 2007, 9:00 am

Itinerary: TBD (tour, listening, lunch, evening of fun)

Who can come: Forum members and Klipsch enthusiats!

Accommodations:

Must reserve rooms at each hotel by Tuesday, May 22.

Reference Klipsch Group when making reservations.

Holiday Inn Select at The Pyramids

3850 Depauw Boulevard

Indianapolis, IN 46268

317-872-9790

Standard Room $119/night + tax

Standard Room with Waterpark Pass (includes 5 passes) $199/night + tax

or

Residence Inn Indianapolis North

3553 Founders Road
Indianapolis, IN 46268 USA
Phone: 317-872-0462

Studio Suite $99/night + tax (room has full kitchen, Queen bed and pullout sofa, free breakfast buffet)

Who's attending: Tentative attendees are listed below. If your plans have changed, please let me know. If your name is not on the list, please email me your name, forum name, names of your guest(s), if any, and where you are travelling from.

Alliclaytor

Anarchist

Arfandbark

bhendrix

Bill H.

blsamuel

BobRiff

camforu

ClaudeJ1

Coytee

customsteve01

DeanG

DoubleJ

DrWho

dtel

dtel's wife

Gregorius

HarryO

hightone

IndyKlipschFan

JamesV

Jay481985

j-malotky

JoeRiff

justin_tx_16

Ken Kaz

Ken6432

klipsch4life

LarryC

lo123

Loud&Clear

Marvel

mdeneen

Me Loves Khorns

meagain

Michael Hurd

Mick Bell

mikebse2a3

picky

Randyman

rcarlton

scorpsfan

Seadog

shinerman

shinerwoman

silversport

skonopa

Speedball

SWL

Tom Blasing

toomanyspeakers

William F. Gil McDermott

Amy Unger
Forum Administrator
amy.unger@klipsch.com

Last years get together in hope was my first driving over, I had absolutely no idea what to expect, and actually was a bit apprehensive. But, as you might guess, I had a terrific time all of the Forum folks I met were great, all the Klipsch folks were great their hospitality was gracious and it was obvious just how much work (!) and thought that they had put into the event... just for us!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I sure wish that I could go to Indy this year, but my sweetie-pie wife is getting a brand new knee on June 5th I will surely be busy as I can be taking care of her for several weeks.

Anyway, maybe next year and heres hoping that wife Linda will be able to get around and we can have another super time at Pilgrimage no matter where it is!

Yawll have fun! Great fun!

Rob

..... and talking with people that designed and built my speakers too. (BTW, some of them many years later STILL work on the factory floor were amazed we actually cared to thank them in person.)

Last year in Hope, I was hanging out helping with the cleanup after the concert, & started talking to a guy who worked there for many years. As it turned out, he built my 84' Belle's. It was an honor to thank him.....

It makes me even sadder I can not make it this year....

Still fun to guess Michael... You were more fun when you were on the outside and we both could guess...[:P] This anticipation and "tight lippedness" of Roger you do NOT wanna miss things this year, is killing me!! hehehehe Add what you learn by going... some freebies, and maybe a chance to win not only a pair of Jubilees but who knows what else?

Seriously, I am more excited about this one in Indy than any of the other ones in Indy before.

I just have a feeling for the few who have not signed up, they have no idea what they will be missing? Plus,,,,, we had what 150- 175 people last year? (I count 52 names as we speak not including spouces?) I "HOPE" people appreciate that Klipsch does this for us.... I said it before... this is very high on my "got to do it every summer list" for me. If your s true audio Klipsch fanatic.... You just need to be there..

Aaarrrghghg - dammit!

You all would have to plan this on my daughter's (first) birthday - I would be there with bells if I could boys. Just not fair. Really. But...if a toss up between Colter's baby blues and these...well...

K

post-17850-13819334173742_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

If you miss this chance to go you really don't know what you are missing ! It's everything Indy said and more, even if you don't count the free stuff they give away or the good food and all the products, new and old.

You get to meet some of the employees who design and build your favorite speakers, and a bunch of people from the forum who are in my case more nuts about audio than I am.

When you are home most people you know and see are not into audio as much as you are, and most are shocked when the see your set up and think your a little crazy. Not this group, they will make you feel like your are normal, but don't be fooled you are not normal it's the whole group that is crazy! [:|]

Anyone who has a chance to go should, you will not be sorry. Last year was my first and I will do my best to attend every one that Klipsch has, how many companies do things like this for their fans and customers ?

There is a pair of Cornwall lll's about 35 feet behind me as I type this in our choice of wood that was one of the prizes last year. All I had to do was show up, and of course be one of the lucky ones to have there names picked !

Last year we didn't even know they were going to give anything away ! We were thinking, boy it would be nice if they gave away one of those nice Klipsch t-shirts we had seen, well I quickly forgot about a shirt when they told me I won a new pair of Cornwall's !

It's not to late to add your name to the list, be there, you will not be sorry !

• Moderators

There is not a lot I can add to what has already been said, but here goes....

Klipsch sponsors this event for us....the forum members....we need to make every effort to attend.

For those of you that may be on the fence I can tell you it is one of the most rewarding events you will ever attend. The knowledge gained, the friendships formed and the opportunity to meet the folks that engineer and market our favorite audio products.

BTW, I feel confident speaking for the other wives in attendance when I say a good time was had by all. Meeting "Ms. Picky", "Ms. Fini and daughters", "Ms. CustomSteve", and the other wives attending was truly an "experience".

Picky explaining the qualities and benefits of owning Khorns to Verna was about the most hilarious thing I ever heard....talk about a "sales job". All Verna could say (with a twinkle in her eye) to Picky's Khorn sales job was "That must be some good sh*t, huh".

Dtel and I drove almost nine hours to attend the 2006 Pilgramage in Hope and will be driving approximately twelve hours to attend this year's Pilgramage in Indy, but every minute of the drive is worth it.

If you haven't already done so, please consider making every effort to attend. Let's show Klipsch how much we appreciate the employees, and the Klipsch products!!!

And yes, the folks at Klipsch work very hard to make each annual Pilgramage more memorable than the last.

This is sad for me but I just can't make it. First, I am scheduled to work that weekend. Second. if I get out of work I will be driving to Denver with my step-father on his first leg to Seattle, where he is moving. As sports fans say, there's always next year.

Well put Roger.

This will be my 5th year in a row. I love getting together with old friends, and making new friends.

I don't think it will be a Heritage Center. Look at the THX2 standards. Put 3 LAS or Heresy3s in the front and you are set.

Could be the home Jub? That would be cool.

I remember a few years back, they showed us the premedia line. I was very impressed, and that is from a Heritage guy.

The Klipsch trip is one of my favorites of the year.

See you in Indy.

JM