3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

yes up early- playing with the new laptop-took it easy last nite- had to drive to get take out so had to watch the consumption.

going to look for fish and tomatoes my self. maybe check out the new grid I bought at the hunt club. backatcha later. got drop the wife off so i can use the truck today. later

Hey TH....How is that Knob Creek tasting???????One of my favorite whiskeys. The old lady is watching some of her homeschool kids tonite as a favor so the young son and I are baching it tonite. May have a nice glass of cabernet with some take out.

The bar is open..TH has Knob Creek so he is buying.

Hello my friends, darn it's hot here. Just for you Chris I made a trip for so MM so I could sit in tonight.

Any aircraft mechanics/electricians/avionics out there looking for work in Texas? I need about 50 more.

Mahi last night......not a good idea on charcoal. $12.95 per pound and it was only mediocre. Finished the last of the gasoline martinis getting ready to light the grill for two marinated filets. I'll have a Evan Williams single barrel reserve while the coals get hot.

Mike, Chris, Ace, next ones on JB. Cheers gentlemen[D]

TH- gotta have mediun high hot coals for Mahi- guides at Murrels inlet showed me how to cook them.

Soak the filets in a mixture of OJ fresh crushed garlic and Italian salad dressing. Put the fish on skin side down and squeeze limes over the fish while cooking. When the skin separates pick the filet out and turn it- a little tricky- baste the exposed skin side - up with marinate. sear the down side with grill marks- then flip back over to the skin side to finish up- squeezing fresh lime over the whole mess the whole time. i would not consider any other way to cook mahi other than charcoal- you just gotta stand over it and watch like a hawk to keep form overcooking-Pretty easy once you do it a couple of times- does make a fishy mess in your grill. but OMG is it good.

if it works send me a check for 10.00- If not head for mcdonalds.

A place here is selling Absolut /tonics for 2.50 as a promo. With some extra lime it is not bad- getting kind of fond of them. Guess i will have to take back the gasoline jokes.

Thanks for the recipe. I think my fish was too thick and never got done in the middle so I put it in the broiler on high. Two other problems with fish.....it gets cold fast and it breaks up too easily. I usually solve the first problem with a dish warming in the oven and the heat from the plate helps.

JKs at Kill Devil Hills usually does a good job with fish. I asked about their procedure and they told me they use a mayonaise based marinade and cook on a mesquite fire at almost 1000 degrees. The fish hits the grill, quickly flipped over, and then on to a plate. Total cook time is a couple of minutes or less.

Soft shell crabs for dinner tonight[:)]

TH- The 1000 degree thing is all smoke mirrors and BS. Yes the high end steaK places- Mortons- Palm- Ruth Chris do use high temp grilles/broilers but trust me it is not necessary to cook fish on the grill. In a pinch my gas Webber will cook Mahi just fine at 500 or even 450.

Sorry this laptop froze up due to some dam message wanting me to buy security software.

With a little practice you can pick at the split in the non skin side of the filet and determine doneness. The most important thing in cooking Mahi on the grill is carmelizing. Use the oil based marinate to burn the outside leaving ths inside moist. mahi is very forgiving. Do not bve afraid to pull the filet apart if you have questions about doneness. The mayonaise based marinate may bve a little more difficult.

polished off 3 pilsners during a business deal. got some resturant grade shrimp thawing-making some scampi in an hour or so-Now the age old question- open a wine or drink liquior??? winding down from a rough busy Monday.

Ace...thanks for the Miller beer....went down well. This place is getting to be a ghost town...where is dg and JB?

The ss crabs were good. Wife fixed some very thin cornbread, cukes, tomatoes, and corn on the cob. Not bad at all.

I'll have to try the mahi again with a hotter grill. Put a beer on my tab gentlemen.

Dont have to drink to be cool. drop in any time. I keep jack daniels and Ketleone working 3 shitfs.

I do not smoke ciggs and I limit my cigars to 2 a week. Pick your poison.

My God help us, Winchester is getting soft in his old age [:D]. Ya'll (that's Texan) be cool and enjoy your beverage, even if it's a Dr Pepper. Anyone around the ATL, I'll be home for this last time this weekend. MM and Coke for the nite cap as usual it's been an HR and relocation hell day.

Yo', I NEED some aircraft electricians and nose pickers/hammer slammers as well as some E-2 Hawkeye trained cone heads.

I am so very afraid that my collection of 'tronics and speakers are gonna be packed and wrapped for friggin ever.