3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

I am just hanging out drinking black jack worried about work stuff

Having a Jack Black myself.....trying to forget about work. No evidence that worrying makes it better....so cheers!

Snow is on its way for this little coastal village I call home. Doesn't happen here often. Wife is out of town... steak is marinating and a new CD was in the mailbox today. Man that jewel case was in pieces.....they must of jumped on it several times for good measure but the CD is okay I think.

Stressed out day at workof back and forth deals on a large buy. At the end I was able to cherry pick the items off the list and let the other vendors "win" the items that I did not want in the first place. It could not have worked out better. I am good until the end of March even if I do not write another order.I am blessed by having some really crummy loser competitors that constantly screw things offering only lowball pricing as an incentive. The lowest price is not always the best value. I never cease to be amazed by the hiding behind voice mail and incompetence in my industry.

Dirnking a celebratory Basil Hayded with a splash of water.Snowing like crazy. sticking. There are 50 k things that I need to do tomorrow. More of this crap. Getting old real fast.

Cheers to all

Man that jewel case was in pieces.....they must of jumped on it several times for good measure but the CD is okay I think.

I think it varies by post office or maybe it's more regional. Some mail carries roll a die and if the number corresponds to day of week then they jump on it. Often rolling the die again to see how many times to jump. Multiple rolls to get a positive. Sometimes they just make up how many times they jump up and down on it. Often depends on how they feel or what kind of mood they're in. That said. My letter carriers here seem to get most if not all things here in pretty good shape so maybe I only get packages on good days?

At the end I was able to cherry pick the items off the list and let the other vendors "win" the items that I did not want in the first place. It could not have worked out better. I am good until the end of March even if I do not write another order.I am blessed by having some really crummy loser competitors that constantly screw things offering only lowball pricing as an incentive. The lowest price is not always the best value.

Congrats Winchester! Maybe your clients are smarter than most as the lowest price often seems to win even if it's totally stupid. Or maybe you're just a good sales man and your customers trust you. That's cool you got the good stuff and didn't get the stuff you didn't want. Good through March. That's awesome. As far as I know I have a job through March (and though 2011.... ) but that can all change Monday. Not expecting it to...

Chuck's got it right. No need worrying about work as it'll still be there Monday. That said, I've still got about an hour of work to finish up for today. Got a late start and early exit as I took our snow blower into the shop. Good to go again. Maybe that'll be my snow insurance and we're done for the winter? [:D]

Steve - hope your TV works out well whether you keep it or take it back.

Working on some sweetened blackened tea here. Cheers gentlemen!

Here's to a GREAT weekend!

Hey Ben...you have a new avatar!

Yeah. I figured y'all we're getting tired of looking at my mug.... and Bill The Cat in a Peyton Manning jersey and Superbowl XLI cap just seemed kind of a bad idea after the Super Bowl especially since the colts didn't win....

So it's now a tribute to one of my favorite artists.

Finished the last of my tea for this evening watching the Olympics Opening Ceremonies

A chronological history of my avatars. The prior one the shortest lived. I had to have Amy upload a couple of them as my profile was hosed up for quite a long time.

Oct 2007

Jeesh.... didn't realize that one was so big.... this one may help explain my apparent dain bramage.... I'm not officially retired from painting our school's rec league soccer fields .... didn't really miss getting 5 pairs of soccer goals, a bunch of nets, ground anchors, field paint, corner flags, stripers, etc outta my garage ... the painting wasn't so bad if one wasn't busy... especially after I got the Custom 2 ....

Oct 9 2008

Nov 10 2008

Hmmmm maybe the Image X10 need some avatar time?

May 26 2008

(There's a camcorder hiding under my Klipsch cap.... a bit of misting this evening...

26 March 2009

From one of Amy's Pilgrimage 2008 photos. Alea now thinks she needs Cornwalls. (sniff, I'm so proud) She's likely to get Cornwalls before me... or at least at a much younger age

3 Feb 2010 Go Colts

Go Colts! Taken out in the "big game" by the Who Dat's

12 Feb 2010

Uncle Harry Wants You!

Gotta get to bed. Soccer referee recertificaiton clinic and test tomorrow morning.... we actually have to pass this year. I have except I think the first one when I wasn't expecting a test and hadn't refreshed my memory. No problem in years since though this is the first year we actually have to pass on the recert though had to pass the initial certification. Be reading the Laws Of The Game as I drift off to sleep.... learning by osmosis, how I claim to have gotten through college and high school ....

A bit apprehensive not about the test but last year Alea got hit with dizziness that started or kicked back in during the clinic and on the way home. Pretty much out of comission for 3 months so I'm sure she's a bit nervous as well.

Naturally we missed signing up for the clinic in town. Last year that was intentional as she wanted one taught by her original instructor who had played for Egypt at the world cup level and refereed at world cup games. Me. No intention of ever moving above rec league though I can do travel soccer and maybe will if my legs are up to it as it pays better. Easy money for a teenager. I'm too (fat and) slow..... and don't think soccer fast enough so probably much better at U12 and below.

Thanks for the kind words Ben- Honestly I think it is a case of the competition being that bad rather than me being that good. Companies in my industry have chased away the 40-50 WM age group in favor of college kids and others who are willing to work for nothing. Then they wonder why their numbers suck at the end of the month. Solution- RIF- Layoffs. Then things go from bad to worse.

This snow sucks-this winter sucks. Gotta go out and get some salt to melt the dammed stuff off the sidewalks- bring on spring

The VRDs are at Craigs - waiting on a call concerning mods-bought a BK 4420 which should juice up my HT setup- looking at vinyl cleaning machines.got a guy coming to pick up my extra Lascala tomorrow- extra cash for more goodies.

I am still sitting on the majority of a half gallon of jack so drinks are on me through the weekend

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Three inches of snow....no road equipment....milk, bread flying off the shelf, the City is shut down. What will we ever do? Oh..thats right its getting up to 50 tommorrow....never mind....we will be okay! I knew if I went out I would see some bozo in a short sleeved shirt and sure enough a woman in medical scrubs with short sleeves......only in the South[8-)]

I knew if I went out I would see some bozo in a short sleeved shirt and sure enough a woman in medical scrubs with short sleeves......only in the SouthRoll-eyes

Here in Kokotucky a lot of the high school kids wear shorts to school pretty much year 'round.... don't think we were ever allowed to wear shorts to school. And I remember back in my college days seeing running diehards out running in 18 degrees below zero farenheit joggin in flimsy shorts.

Our snow season may be over.... got the snowblower back up to speed Friday.

Three inches of snow....no road equipment....milk, bread flying off the shelf, the City is shut down

Are you sure you're going to be alright? Looks like the shoppers forget the beer and ice cream. Beer, milk, bread, and ice cream was what flew offf the sleves when we lived in Texas and were expecting the once or twice yearly ice storm, that like your snow would all be gone by the next day.

A nice sunny day...cold but sunny. Bluesboy came by to help me cut up some wax myrtles that came down from the snow and ice. The chain saw wasn't working well so we did one tree and called it a day. Wife is still away so I got into the Jack Black and spun some vinyl. Bluebird by EL Harriss sounded wonderful. The telefunken tube in the phono section sounds mighty fine. Waiting on a shipment of tubes from my buddy Thebes to roll some in the Jolida CD player.

Hope everyone had as good a day!

Snow melted and was able to get out today. Picked some Nordost blue heaven RCA interconnects from AG.pulled the trigger on a VPI 16.5 vinyl cleaner yesterday. Noe gotta buy all the cleaners. waiting on several things to arrive next week.

Sold the extra Lascala today. Really nice forum member from Charleston. Be ready to roll some tubes myself soon.

Got a bowlfull of Lobster tails to cook for dinner- pulled out a nice trefethen chard and a new zealand harde that I cant rember the name of- chillin as we speak. Supposed to rain or snow again tonoite and tomorrow- Sick of the snow.

Deer tracks in my carport- the criters must have been looking for food or water- never seen that before- This place is built up like crazy. Really strange

Gotta work tomorrow so sticking to beer and wine tonite

Free beer and wine for everybody

Cheers to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll take a root beer. Make that really good root beer on tap in a frosted mug. Better bring me a couple as I'm pretty thirsty.

How about a couple of Blenheim ginger ales? One for me. One for Alea. She loves the stuff. Wickedly strong stuff. Not sure I've drank anything as strong
including Grog aka Snowshoe (brandy and schnapps I forget the ratio)...
strong in a different way of course.

Blenheims is pretty hard to find. But available at Some Guys Pizza down near Colterphoto1's place. Some Guys pizza is awesome as well and I've not yet tried their wood fired oven pizza. Went with the family to Some Guys and I didn't want caffiene or suger so decided ginger ale sounded pretty good. Alea our 15 year old daughter also ordered ginger ale. Wasn't expecting a near $3 bottle of fire water. [:o] I had them bring me a glass of ice. Alea drank hers straight up. I'm such a wimp. [:$] Ginger ale you'll want to sip unless you like it burning on the way down or comin' out your nose. Alea and I went there for lunch after attending a DCI (drum and bugle corps) completition for her birthday and she drank her Blenheim's fast. Not a good idea.

Naturally you can now buy it from a link from the fansite The Blenheim Shrine. I guess they gotta pay for their website somehow. I think you can still buy it directly from the factory as well. There are links to other sites where it can be bought online as well. Like I said. It's pretty hard to find. They even make a sissy, uh, I mean weaker version.... I think they even make a diet version but I didn't think I bothered to ask when I ordered it at Some Guys. It's made in Hamer South Carolina so Chuck might actually see it in North Carolina in a store. Still not real likely but more likely than finding it in Indiana. I almost ordered Alea a case for her birthday. $48 for 24 shipped to Kokotucky from beveragesdirect ($29.99 plus $18 shipping). I should call the factory sometime and see how much buying direct. Can they really pack soda in glass well enough to survive the shipping goons?

To a good week gentlemen!

Got a little carried away with the wine last night so its beer for me tonite. Lots of cheap lobsters around now for some reason. Maybe the dead ones that floated up on the beach??? The ones we had last night were delicious.

Spoke with Craig today- what a nice guy-The VRDs are shipping tomorrow!!!!!! I cant wait. Craig said the amps were in great shape and required little adjustment or repair. With any luck I should see them Thursday.

Cheers to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay Okay!! I've heard enough about winter and snow. Sorry for my absence fella's took me a few weeks to dig out up here. As of today we broke the snow record held for the past 60 f*&Kin years!!!!! We topped the 70inch mark here in north western NC. I now know what the NORTH in North Carolina means. But minus the cost of the 1500lbs of salt I've shelled out for this winter life is good. They've made a habbit out of cancelling classes at the school house which has led to more time in front of and between the speakers. Just finished off the ZZ Top concert from Essen, Germany 1980. A sweet find...and at Walmart none the less! In the market for a new toy, looking like a high end 1911 as of today. But since they make more than one type of lead slingin' device there's always the chance it could be something else. Grillin a pork loin and some smashed taters...yea gave up on waiting for the snow to leave before grilling. But hope all is well with everyone and spirits are high.

Since Winch got the drinks a while back I guess I'll get 'em tonight....(Still got any of that comm. $ left Winch so I can buy these fine gentleman a drink?)

~Hunt

will you guys be mad if i tell you that i went to the beach today? Holiday for the County workforce, so did what i find is peaceful for me and headed to the beach. just walked the pier and watched the waves for a bit, then got a burger & fries. It was short sleeve weather out here; but, they're saying the rain will return this weekend.