3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

A couple of Stoli Martnis after a long day cleaning up in the yard after our ice/snow storm[;)] After an unusal amount of rainfall the ground was so saturated the ice brought down several wax myrtles. $44 to get the chain saw ready and several hours of sawing and dragging to the road for pick up. At week 3 of the Atkins diet and all the glycogen long burned off from the liver I have incredible energy for an old guy. Actually dog tired but can't sit down. We made it to 60 degrees and it was good to be out in the fresh air. Sunday bluesboy and I will be taking down a dead tree at his house and then listening to the tubes that Thebes is letting me try out.

And now that you know what I did....lets here about your day[:)] Winchester....bummer about the BK.....[Y] on the sushi.

Cheers gentlemen!

Big Stew,

So far so good with the cortisone. In mt wrist, anyway. I've had one in my back, but it didn't last long (I did some pretty intense work right after I got it, though). Intense work for me right now is being on my feet for more than 5 minutes.

Hey, good luck with your esophagus. My 18-y.o. daughter had such bad GERD she had a RNY gastric bypass (we had tried everything). Completely solved the problem. Her acid reflux was one of the worst her doctor had ever seen. She did that 24-hour acid study, and she was in reflux 21 of those 24 hours. Feel free to email or PM me if you have any questions about this. But please, do not dismiss it. My brother-in-law passed away from esophogeal cancer. Serious stuff.

Sorry to break any party mood that might have been brewing. Mylanta martinis for the house on fini!!

False alarm on the DOA amp. I pulled it out of the HT rack. Bought new fuses and went thru all of the switches on the back. This amp came with anumber of options with several balanced/ inputs. The red light was not on so I a have to assume that the fuse may have been the culprit. However some of the input switches ahd line balancing functions enabled so it may anve been a combo of problems. I went thru every possible scenario and the thing fired up. LEt it play thru my cornwalls in 2ch mode for a while - then hooked it up to the 2 ch setup- no floor noise- clean- sounds great. Hooked it back into the HT set up - Awesome sound- M HT is completed unless something breaks.

WOnderful day- 60 degrees- great lunch at my favorite watering hole. fats ride in the Porsche. Spent most of the afternoon messing with this amp.

VRDs will arrive Tuesday- cant wait.

Mujnching out on a late supper of frozen Pizza and Pilsner Urquel lager.

Cheers to all... have a great Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Winchester's amp's not dead after all. Fini's wrist is feeling better. Chuck got his yard cleaned up. We cleared the packed down snow / ice sluch off of most of the concrete portion of our drive yesterday. Played some Big Musics (LPs) yesterday and today.

Life is good.

Sitting
down to lunch. Frozen pizza (Reggio's) with some freshly grated
parmigianno reggiano cheese. Lightly sweetened blackened tea (decaf) to
drink.

Life is good.

Not totally, Ben. I'm in bed, can only barely tolerate being on my side. BAD blowout in my lower back last night. This may be the big one. typing with the wrong hand, on my side...

Gregg,

In my thoughts and prayers that your back gets better soon.

Ben

Thanks so much, Ben. It's worse than ever before. It might finally be time for the ol' surgical option. Bummed, but if it takes away this intense pain, I'm in.

On a fun note, what's it like to get a catheter?

What a great day. a couple hours th the gun show- bought a number of gitfts for friends-almost bought another AR-15 did not need it- walked out without buying-fast ride to the resturant- great lunch- steak sandwich and Spaten draft beers- several car guy moments- guy stopped traffic - got out of his car and told how cool he thought my car was- everybody was enjoying the day- 66 and sunny- great day to be alive.

sipping on a Basil hayden and sparkling water- waiting for more steaks to be ready- backt the gring tomorrow

Cheers to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

sorry to hear that bad news fini. i sure hope you get out of pain very soon. if it helps, i'm a doctor on several computer games. i can remove an appendix on beginner and intermediate level. maybe back surgery is kinda like an appendectomy. don't worry about insurance or cash--i'll do the surgery for your speakers.

in all seriousness, i hope you find the right doc and he gets you fixed up. i will pray for you my friend. Steve

Been a busy late week at the bar...sorry I have been so tardy...life has been fun but crazy. Fini...I am a lot younger, but have had a few doses of cortizone in my life...for both my shoulder and my knee...it is a good temporary solution for pain...it makes it worse if you are using it to ignore a condition in the long run though. Good to get through a few months, but if things do not get better, do not rely on them...find a solution, not a shot. Hope everyone is having a good weekend...talked to brad and chris...cornwalls going to be here in a few weeks...no clue where to put them, but good lord, a piece of Klipsch history is going to be in my house soon!

A dose of cortisone sure feels G O O D!!!!!!! had my share. Nothing like it to relieve muscle/ tissue issues.

Congrats on the cws Ace. I am very happy for you. Cant wait to hear your report after they are installed.

TH - I am pulling for your heels but it seems hopeless at present.

I am enjoying my new HT setup- Really happy with the results.

Sipping on a jack and coke- listening to the Mac 2105 for the last night before the arrival of the VRDs.

At 7PM tonite the cops came to my door- a woman was assaulted at 2 am last nite in front of my house- did I see or hear anything??Pretty scary. I told the cops I hoped the guy would resist and have to be shot when they caught up with him. This is a nice neighborhood. No place is safe from crime any more.

Have one from my bottle.

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A dose of cortisone sure feels G O O D!!!!!!! had my share. Nothing like it to relieve muscle/ tissue issues.

Congrats on the cws Ace. I am very happy for you. Cant wait to hear your report after they are installed.

TH - I am pulling for your heels but it seems hopeless at present.

I am enjoying my new HT setup- Really happy with the results.

Sipping on a jack and coke- listening to the Mac 2105 for the last night before the arrival of the VRDs.

At 7PM tonite the cops came to my door- a woman was assaulted at 2 am last nite in front of my house- did I see or hear anything??Pretty scary. I told the cops I hoped the guy would resist and have to be shot when they caught up with him. This is a nice neighborhood. No place is safe from crime any more.

Have one from my bottle.

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris, you keep that cortisone and alcohol handy when you start tube rolling those VRDs [6]

Well Hell- could not make it to the bar yesterday- busy geting interviewed by the popo about an armed carjacking/rape which occurred literally in my front yard 75 feet from my bedroom window at 2 AM Sunday night- I heard /saw nothing- apparently there was a witness- had a hard time convincing them that the witness was not me. Finally they went away to chase bad guys or buy donuts- they were rookies- not sure that they had the concept of bad guys and good guys figured out. Dam news trucks in front of my house this evening. For a couple of hours I felt like tiger Woods. I made no effort to speak with them.

Got a beautiful set of VDRs today- Gorgeous maple bases- pluigging in tubes tonite and hooking up wires. The chasis is too cold from the ride to fire up tonite- waiting until tomorrow. Looking for almost a year for these. . Very happy

My friends have been coming over and listening to the HT system. It kicks @ss. Really happy with the outcome after all the BS.

Sipping on a Ketel and tonic- free drinks on my tab until Friday- gotta go to Lauderdale for business and ponies and mens clubs

Everyboby say a prayer that the cops catch the POS rapist carjacker.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winchester...been quite the prolific poster today...have the day off to play with the VRDs? I am having a few beers...just pulled my stereo out of my car and off to CL...not a fun day...but I can't remember the last time I actually used the few thousand dollars sitting in my trunk...getting old haha. Cheers and join me in the high life haha. ACE

The VRDs are another joke at a couple of grand for a used set- if you can find them- like used K horns for 1500-2000. They blow anything that I have heard to pieces- including the megabuck Macs and the Carys. If anyone is ever in Charlotte stop by for a listen. You really need to hear a set of these through K horns or Lascalas or CWs for that matter

During all of this madness of reshuffling I ran the B&K 4420 HT amp thru the Corns for a couple of hours to make sure that it was OK. I had forgotten how awesome that the corns sound as a 2 channel speaker with the jolida. One of these days I will get arouind to hooking up the VRDs to the Cornwalls just for fun.

Listening to some favorite CDs with the new amps- sipping a Jack and coke- does it get any better??

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keeping the thread going this week- Listening to Johny Lang on the VRDs- really loving them

heading out to Lauderdale for the weekend- business with maybe a T bar exursion and some horse racing in the mix.

Sipping on a Ketel/tonic before having to pack and get ready to fly tomorrow

Drink one for me tomorrow as I may not be able to indulge.

Cheers to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!