3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Thanks, Ben! I am feeling better during the day, but can't stand for more than 5 minutes, or so. Seems I can only sleep about 1-1/2 hours at a time at night. My back doesn't want to stay in the same position very long. Hopefully I can get that epidural approved early this week!

Hang in there, Chuck! Give my best to your wife!!

Win, congrats on the new TT!

Thanks Fini- I have several hundred old records I bought backin the 70s. I have been slack about sorting them out to see what I have- if they are still good. My next thing on the to do list- gotta fire up the record cleaner and get the table/tonearm set up.

I ruined my back in the 70's working on a drilling rig crew. Know exactly when I did it- reaching out away from my body to pick up a 200 lb submersible pump. I have had lots of problems- missed work- treated it with pain killers- muscle relaxers and whiskey along with some execises from the doctor. Not the best way but I have 3 close friends who have had surgery with little or no improvement. very skeptical about surgery. If I stand in line at an airport for 20 mins I am in big time pain. Nothing like what you have. but I can relate on a smaller scale.

Did not realize the extent of your problem until reading this post- really hope the epidural works out for you.

Happy saturday everyone. Fini..hope everything works out for you....TH best of luck to you and your wife as well. Winchester...you seem to be in the best shape out of everyone here...you have a job, cleaned up your want list and drinking some good stuff. Next time you are in Miami, I would recommend Smith & Wolensky's...it is a chain, but a great one. The one in Miami is on the port of miami...the drinks are stiff and they will cook a good rare steak...last time I was there, they had a special...bone-on filet...think it was a 16 oz one...never seen one anywhere else...dover sole is great too for a fish lover. If you go on a Friday or Saturday, you can sit on the patio and watch all the cruise ships come in and leave during happy hour...good times. Have a bit of a cold, no new luck on the job hunt...having vodka and gatorade haha...some company in town, so I need to be in a better mood, hence the vodka...however the cold is worrying me...trying to cancel out the dehydration with the alcohol by mixing with gatorade...ahhh...that makes good sense!

Thanks for the dining tip ace- I get down to Miami a couple 3 times a year. Will definitely check it out. If you ever make it to the Blue Moon FIsh co in lauderdale get reservations and sit on the patio/porch- on the intercostal- lots of big boats going by, S&W sounds great- I love rare steaks and dover sole not to mention a passion for[D] stiff drinks.

Count your blessings- you have that beautiful boy- cant put a price tag on that one-you have a killer sound system- and good health. you are a smart guy- the job part will work out.

vodka and gatorade will kick you @ss- be careful-vodka goes straight into the system quickly when mixed with gatorade- ask me how I know[D]

My list is down to a cream option for the tercell( moving coil) and maybe a cartridge

Have a wonderful Sunday and a great week- Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...having vodka and gatorade haha...

A couple years ago, I was working at my boss' place remodelling his kitchen. He decided instead of replacing his cabinets we'd build new doors and laminate the face frames with vertical grain fir veneer. Late in the day, he mixed a couple cocktails, using vodka and grape Gatorade (it's what was around!). In honor of the work we were doing, that cocktail became known as The Laminator. It goes great with contact cement fumes!

Thanks Fini- I have several hundred old records I bought backin the 70s. I have been slack about sorting them out to see what I have- if they are still good. My next thing on the to do list- gotta fire up the record cleaner and get the table/tonearm set up.

Winchester,

IMHO, a must-have for properly setting up a cartridge is the HiFi News Test Record. It's $45, but worth it.

Thanks Fini- Will be purchased 1st thing tomorrow.

Talked to Harry 0 for an hour today about setting up the tonearm and the cartrrdge.

Wonderful weekend- nice weather- lots of tunes and drink

Fini- Hope the back gets better- Thanks for the TT info

TH- Best of luck and prayers on the transplant

Ace-good luck on the job hune

Ben- save me a corndog-Broiler crispy

JB- drink an extra fullers for me

Finishing up some tea before heading to bed. The cornwalls are coming! The Cornwalls are coming! (Ace's... not mine ... maybe someday).

No need for a cat here.... I'm sure we could spare a couiple. Especially the male that moved in a few months ago who pees on everything in the garage. I keep telling SWMBO he needs to go to the Neuter Scooter or vet but looks like I'll have to take him in. (The Neuter Scooter is a portabel veterinary hospital that spays or neuters cats for $40 or $50 including basic shots.. A local veterinary office has been advertising $55 for the same service on Wednesday).

I keep telling SWMBO he needs to go to the Neuter Scooter...

Sounds like something a wife might trick her husband into riding if she's tired of handling birth control duties. Neutering might be a little extreme, though. How about a Vasectomy Vespa? Watch out for potholes!!

hey guys, its been a few day since I've sat at the bar. Hope you all are doing well. Tarheel, keeping you and your bride in my prayers and hoping for the best of results. I do have one little question. They're actually letting you into duke? You must be going in disguise. Better make sure that your overnight bag doesn't have the UNC logo on it or you may come out of there circumsized or a reverse circumsizion.

Good to see you again stew. Your seat has been vacant for a bit. Hope everyone is having a good evening. Dead tired here...big day tomorrow though...supposed to be nice...64 and sunny in central IL...quite a nice march bonus, even if only for a day. Going to take the cap of my truck and the 500 lbs of sand out of the back in prep for the big trip on friday...need to clean a section of the garage too. Have one with me before a good night's sleep. ACE

They're actually letting you into duke? You must be going in disguise

Yes...so true. When Julia had her first transplant many years ago the ACC tournament was on. She gets very vocal watching UNC (especially if Billy Packer is announcing) and I was concerned that might effect her care. Much to our surprise we soon learned that a lot of the staff at Duke are UNC fans! Poor Roy is having a time with this years team[:S]

Good to see you back here Stew.

Ace....I can read your excitement in your last post. Congrats on the speakers. Have you warned the neighbors?

Cheers gentlemen!

Great to see you back here Steve.

Tarheel, keeping you and your bride in my prayers and hoping for the best of results. I do have one little question. They're actually letting you into duke? You must be going in disguise. Better make sure that your overnight bag doesn't have the UNC logo on it or you may come out of there circumsized or a reverse circumsizion.

It could be worse... maybe neutered? [:S]

Though Chuck did say later there are a lot of Tarheel fans there so he should be safe from any extra free services.

Sipping on a Pilsner looking at phono preamps on Audiogon. made a deal for some 2 " wooden horns and a 2" JBL driver for my K horns. CHanging out my crosovers to a ALK universal clone. Should open up the sound a bit. May also go with a Crites tweeter- made an offer on a used pair. Finally posted some pics of some of my stuff on the 2 ch section. Man I hate cameras. Anybody got a line on some cane spraker cloth?

Good to hear from you Stew-

TH- thoughts and prayers

Fini - Hope the back is better

Cheers to all!!!!!!