3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Hope everyone had a great weekend, pardon my tardyness. I spent most of the weekend working around the house and drinking some beer. Had to install new blades in my jointer...that was not fun or easy. Just filled out an intersting application...one of the questions was describe your views on Windows Vista and Windows 7, 32 bit v 64 bit operating systems and what you would use in work v home in 1200 words or less. At 4,500 words I had to stop and rethink my answer haha...maybe I should be a technical writer lol. Cheers everyone!

Going in for the epidural in 4 hours (@ 1:30 Pacific)! I can't even drink water at this point...ace, 32 bit vs. 64 bit? Oh, 64 bit, for sure. The more router bits you have, the better. The real question is: 1/2" shank, or 1/4" shank...?

BYW, do you use one of those magnetic jigs to set your jointer knives? Tell me about your jointer! I've been looking for a 2nd hand Makita thickness planer...

Makita_2012NB.jpg

fini...good luck with your epi...hope it makes everything a bit easier on ya.

I wish I would write pages on woodworking tools like I can about computers, but I am just a hobbyist. I wish I had a nice planer like that makita...it would make my job a whole lot easier. I hate my jointer, but you can't argue with free...my father in law gave it to me when he moved out of his county house with his barn, so I got a lot of his woodshop...it was 5 years old and never been turned on lol. It is just a 6 1/8" 2-knife combo. It does not have an adjustable outfeed table, which the combo of 2 knives and lack of adjustment leave much to be desired. I do not have the magnetic jig, since this was the first time I had to change knives...I have read mixed reviews on their usefulness in the real world. My service manual states the blade should be .03" higher than the outfeed table, which is counter-intuative to me, but read that it was correct. I devised a crazy plan that worked in my case. I leveled the infeed table with the outfeed table with a square, started the adjustment low, and increased the height of the blades until it would cut through a dollar bill, but not a playing card. This is my most accurate measurment of .03" without a jig. Seems to have worked...took several hours, but well spent as it is making the work a lot better and faster. ACE

post-36287-13819555670836_thumb.jpg

post-36287-13819581868876_thumb.jpg

Well, the epidural went fine (although pretty painful for a very short period of time). So far, I see no improvement, but they say that can take up to a week, and might require 1 or 2 more injections. The nurse was very sweet, and even hugged me (and my wife) before the shots! It might have been because she is a friend of my daughter's from church, but I choose to believe it's because I'm irresistable.

glad to hear you finally got some relief after waiting 10 days!!! again .. WT???.Dont get that deal at all. A buddy of mine had done the epi thing- similar situation- had to get 3 shots- major improvement in the pain management area- good luck with yours.

my Cornwalls are fine for HT surrounds- 1984- never opened. Thinking about changing out for some new innards. Really like those speakers. My 2" clone horns are complete- for my K horns- paired with JBL driveres - 4420s I think and ALK universals. These are copys of Gregs 2 " horns. Looking at a denon 103 r on e-bay which will be sent off for ZU mods. Think I have a deal on the PS audio pre for 6 bills new in the box. Maybe even a trade deal. I am dying to crank up the TD 125 with the SME but I think I would be better getting a the cart I like up front rather than fiddling with a number of other models that I have lying around.

sipping on a Vodka tonic- about to call it a night after surfing around on the net looking for cheap gear

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

82 degrees here today. May need to plant some tomatoes. Having 3 fingers of Russell's Reserve on the rocks.

Go see Crazy Heart with Jeff Bridges if you get a chance. Went tuesday night and liked it and the music. Incidently the first groupie he beds down in the first five minutes of the flick is a girl I took out a few times in high school (Beth Grant). Worth seeing.

Fini.....glad you are getting some medical help.

Winchester....you're putting together some serious gear. May have to make a trip to Charlotte this year.

Ben, Stew....hope you guys are doing well.

Cheers gentlemen!

May need to plant some tomatoes.

Me too! But it's way too early. My best tomato planting tip: remove the lower leaves up to, like the first "branch," then plant it deep. Where you've removed leaves roots will grow!

Fini- you sound in better spirits- hope you are in less pain- good to hear.

I am in gear hell. Trying to decide which stuff to install in my Corns and Lascallas . just need to bring them up to modern standards to match with the khorn mods. Dammit- you do one thing and it throws the other stuffr under the bus. It that the fun of it or the hell of it. I am playing the fool out of the tubes. Need to look for another quad of GE 6550s or some Tung Sols for spares.

cant grow much here- rabbits which live under the storarage shed wipe out everything. Cant bring my self to shoot them with pellet gun. Watched a red tail hawk catch a squirrel the other day and eat him in the yard- Very cool predator. Afriad he will get the rabbits which we like and feed. He can have all the squirrels he wants. rats in fur coats.

Sipping on a ketel and tonic. Cheers to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Incidently the first groupie he beds down in the first five minutes of the flick is a girl I took out a few times in high school (Beth Grant). Worth seeing.

So is it Crazy Heart's that worth seeing or Beth Grant? [^o)]

Home grown tomatoes - wonderful in fresh sauces.

Fini - glad you're gettin' some relief.

Yes Winchester is puttin' together a system some would die for.... not me... what good is a killer system if you're not alive to enjoy it?

Winding down with some diet ginger ale. Big K. The Kroger store brand.... but it ain't half bad as diet soda goes.

Had a great night at table tennis (aka ping pong to most of the population). Beat one gentleman 3 out of 3 in league play... it's a very good night when I beat him 2 out of 3 which isn't that often. Beat another gentleman 2 of 3. 11-9, 13-11, 9-11. Best I've played in months and actually moved a bit... hope I can move tomorrow lol.

I'm doin' OK. Hope Steve is doing fine and that Ace is making some progress on the job search.

Cheers gentlemen.

My best tomato planting tip: remove the lower leaves up to, like the first "branch," then plant it deep. Where you've removed leaves roots will grow!

Have to try that next time we actually plant tomatoes.... growing up we'd wrap a bit of newspaper around the stem at and above ground level I think to help deter the cut worms ... at least I think that's what they were called.

We haven't planted tomatoes (or anything other than flowers) for a few years, however, we get a nice supply of cherry tomatoes that keep coming up on their own under a rather dilapidated climber the kids haven't played on in years.

not even close to be thinking of tomatoes here...but can't wait till that time. Applied for another job at the university here on monday...still a couple pendings as well. Getting massive amounts of work done around the house this week though. My oak ledge should be completed by saturday...my house smells like polyeurethane right now...time for a beer. 2 more coats, then about 100 ft of trim to do. Then onto re-doing the bar! Have a good one gents!

Yep, I am feeling better!! YAY!! More good news, my wife found a job!! This is her 2nd day, and things seem to be going well, although she's way over-qualified, and taking a 15K cut in pay from her last job (which she was underpaid for!). Really, though, NO COMPLAINTS. She will keep looking for a more fitting job, though.

Taking the feeling better and home alone situation to finally get down with some music! No TV, washer, dryer (yep, they're close yo yhe listening (living) room, in a closet). Something's not right with the vinyl set-up. I think my Kenwood KD-500 is beginning to lose it (I can hear some pronounced wow and flutter...not good). I'd better get those new motor bushings in the TD-124...

A big endorsement for the Audio Fidelity gold disc version of Linda Ronstadt's Heart Like A Wheel. Her voice is at its very best, and I am in love with the song Faithless Love (written by JD Souther). I picked it up at CDPacific for less, but they don't seem to carry it right now.[:(]

EDIT: I found it at DVDPacific.

Fini- sounds like the treatment worked- good news. Thanks for the tip on the DIsc. Good price. I will buy one tonite. The TD 124/125s are the Rolex watches of turntables. They will retain their value and fixing one just means changing parts.Basically they last forever according to my research if you are willing to fix them. Sorry about the Kenwood. I am running some old Carvers and B&Ks in my HT system and they sound sooo good- but I accept the fact they are older and may check out at some point- hopefully later rather than sooner.I had a big monster Kenwood integrated from back in the 70s that finally checked out. I still have the tuner that was sold with it. I should drag all of that old stuff from the attic and see if it is worth selling.

Packing up my Tercel and a pair of RB 81s to ship to happy new owners. Money for new and different stuff. Ordering the Denon 103r tonite and the PS audio pre tomorrow. The roy orbison B&W disc arrived today. Maybe get a chance to watch it tonite.

Checked out the recorded last episodes of 24 and Justified- pretty good.

Sipping on a Knob creek and mineral water-Cheers to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So is it Crazy Heart's that worth seeing or Beth Grant? Hmm

Crazy Heart.....Beth has aged a bit over the last 43 years and the scene with Jeff Bridges sneaking out of bed with her snoring is not very flattering. She was always a sweet girl though. She went to East Carolina University after growing up here in Wilmington. She was the lady at the farm house in the movie Rain Man with Cruise and Hoffman. She was also the woman blown up trying to get off the bus that had a bomb on board in the movie Speed with Keanu Reeves. Beth also was in No Country For Old Men but I never saw a dime of her earnings[:S]

Finished up the Russell's Reserve tonight. What to try next???

Finishing up cooking salmon, parsnips and green beans. Stoked that the Giants are playing the A's in preseason...on TV!!

Sounds good fini. May have to have some fish this weekend.

Some good news and not so good.

Good.....owe no more taxes to the IRS for last year.

Not so good.....tubes for my HK A500 have been out of production for many years and replacements are scarce as hell.

TGIF and cheers getlemen!