3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

JB- you got the GCPH or the 3??? The factory will make it better than like new for 200 + shipping- Is yours AC or battery? I guess you opted not to hang the Pallidums from the tree like I suggested???[:^)]

Trying some audioquest IC cables from the peach 2 to the PS pre to warm things up a bit for now.

HOLY **&^&- A supposedly NIB SME unmodded 3009 tonearm broght $2025.00 on E bay today[:^)] Nice tonearm but somebody was smoking something. I guess people get excited when they see a box... An[ audio equipment box ... that is[:D]

Sipping on a Ketel Citron with lemon and tonic- delicious

Cheers

Ace, what kind of screens did you install? I've recently installed a couple sets of "Phanton Screens" (they roll up to the sides, meeting in the middle). They seem to work pretty well. Nor sure how they'd hold up long-term. Oh, these were for in-swing double doors. (I'm a carpenter. You knew that, right?)

BTW, what kind of job are you looking for? I pretty much have to make a wholesale change in jobs, as I can't really do a 40-hour week of nail banging (even if it's those girly finish nails).

I installed a fixed panel jeld-win with one silder. My doors are a store brand that were build by jeld-win....they are double inswing french doors as well...nice 15 lite triple pane with blinds inside. I just could not believe I got a plastic top frame...I would have paid more for aluminum if it were an option...it just screams cheap and have problems in a year haha.

I am looking for any full-time job with benefits that will pay my mortgage...which is not a lot on my cheap REO I bought. I have a criminal justice degree, I have been an A/V technician, Computer technician, a banker and a Systems Administrator. I like building things and fixing things...get a better job satisfaction from stuff like that, but at this point am becoming open to many other areas. I applied to be a boiler operator and several other crazy things haha. I have yet to find anything I can't do well with minimal practice.

May be a sad day today...had someone look at my car today. Kinda need to sell it as I am unemployed and do not need to insure my car and my truck...but you have to do what you have to do...I drove to detriot to buy my car and bought it from a Ford engineer in the Livonia plant's parking lot...drinking a beer incase I have to sign the title over to my pride and joy this week. Cheers all...no second car does = carpet for the mancave, so that will be nice.

Fini- harry told me about it. he sent me the link on e bay. it said new- in box never used. pics were taken out of the box- harry said that he thought it may not be absolutely from the way some connectons looked. I do not know enough my self to make that call. It was very very nice- but 2025.00-???? stupid money IMHO

Ace Great news- hope it comes together for you.

sitting at work- drinking ... bottled water..[:(]

On the deck with a beer and the laptop...I think this is the first time I haved ever used my wireless from outside my house. 35-40 mph west winds making it a fun night outside. Warm atleast...I hear a sprinkler from a neighbor...that is rediculous...it is april in illinois...it rains twice a day all month haha. Cheers and thanks for the good wishes. ACE

Thanks for the thoughts everyone...looks like they paid off...need to pass drug/medical/background which should not be a problem, and they gave me a really good number...about 25% higher than my prior job, better benefits and a lot of overtime...this last 6 months of debt building should be wiped out in a month or two. Celebrating with a Dt. Mountain Dew...I feel like I just lost about 100 lbs of stress sitting on my shoulders. Cheers!

OK this is the OMG thread on steaks. For years I cooked on Webbers- varoius charcoal grills - smokey Joes- what have you. After 30 years I have found a better way. We marinate our steaks in fresh garlic- olive oil- salt - pepper- and a dusting of Tony Sachrie- cajun spices. I pre heat the oven to 450. I fire up the side burner on the webber( stove burnewr inside works as well- just smokes up the house. Dry the steaks with a paper towell- Sear the steaks on both sides for about 5 nins depending on the pan heat. After seared on both sides- transfer the pan to your preheated oven adding a pat of unsallted butter to each steak.. cook for 6-9 mind depending on thickness. Trust me - this is to die for if you have a decent grade of meat. A cordom bleiu chief taught me this method. Throw your charxoal grill in the trash and try this. This is the "secret" of the high buck chains serving 40 dollar steaks. Try this and let know what you think. My guests were sopping up the blood/juice with a piece of sourdough and raving about how good this is. handshakes andhigh fives all around.

Enjoying a Lewellen 2000 cab- Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Ben--wasn't able to find any of that ginger ale you mentioned; but, in my search ran across something called *** & Bull Ginger Beer. Wasn't too strong; but, not too bad either. kinda expensive though--$6 for a four-pack.

Steve. Blenheim is pretty hard to find and I'm sure would be pretty expensive. $2.79 a bottle at Some Guys.

Been trying to get a reservation at a restaurant named Catch for three weeks. They called with a cancellation for 6:00pm....a bit early but were gonna take it.

Hey Tarheel,

How was the food? That chef cooked some good food when he used to run the kitchen at Deluxe.

Hope everyone is enjoying the nice spring weather....azaleas starting to bloom now.

Carl

Hey Tarheel,

How was the food? That chef cooked some good food when he used to run the kitchen at Deluxe.

Dissappointing chili bone and pricey. I expected pricey but they don't seem to have all the bugs worked out. A table of four near us were complaining that others who arrived after they did were already served. Potential for some good food there is apparent but the execution on our orders fail short.[:(]

I prefer Marc's on Market, Jerrys, Portland Grill and for a lot less money Bonefish Grill.

Bummer- nothing worse than a big tab and marginal/average chow.

Great to hear the news Ace- congrats- I see another set of rare CWs in[:D] your future. And maybe a stainless steel pipeline running from the beer store to your den[Y] [Y][D]

Headed down to Cigarbums place Sat for the K horn mods and some alcohol research[D] [D]. Still shopping for vinyl. Hope to have my TD125 set up by next week

Sipping on a 250.00 bottle of Italian cab- 1996- sold for 50 bucks a pop from a bankrupt resturant inventory. Is it worth 250???? Hell no- never- 50 bucks??- all day long!!!

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love those wine bargains!!

Taking a well-deserved break from doing my taxes. Dang, Turbo Tax was $50! I know I could have done it online for free (they say), but I was concerned about being able to transfer info from previous years. Good news and bad news is the same: We made so little last year we qualify for Earned Income Credit!

70 degrees and sunny here, Azalea Festival weekend....10 thousand tourist dropping in. I stay close to home and avoid the crowd. Absolut vodka with a drop of tonic and a slice of lime.

Have talked with Stew and offered to do the surgery with Dr. Winchester assisting but apparently Stew wants a second opinion[:o]

Ace.....you are now employed I hear so pick up my tab this weekend if you will.

Spring has sprung here buds. 80 GG Gerbing azaleas in bloom!

Tannoy westminsters on audiogon for $16,500 if anyones interested. Winchester....how about a loan?