3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Cheers back to you JB. Off Friday as well. Have one on me.

Having a Knob Creek on the patio. Got Thebe's loaner tubes off yesterday. Keeping the Bugle Boys in the Jolida 100 CDP and the telefunkens in the preamp. A check and the remaining tubes on the way to Virginia. Thanks very much Martin!

Stew.....hope you and fini are on the mend. Ben go easy on that ginger ale[:)]

Ace....hope you are gainfully employed and not just working.

Winchester.....how about a gear update?

Cheers gentlemen!

The denon 103 R arrived- Called ZU about sending it of for the treatment. I got bad info from them. They are out of bodies and parts until " late fall" whatever the &^%$ that means[8o|][8o|]!!!!!!!! I am screwed. Bought the 103R - no return- killer price- so now I have to wait until???? to have it modeded like I want. At this point I will just use it unlit the mod parts are available. The PS audio phono pre willb e here tomorrow. Gonna try to get down to Cigarbums place and piick up the motherboard with the 2" horns- the JBL drivers and the ALK univesal clone crossovers. Hopefully do it this weekend if it works out.

Went to a cigar and rum tasting this afternoon- beautiful weather- leaving out early tomorrow to hunt turkeys- hope the younger kid can get his first one.

Ben - there is a place here that sells high end ginger ale- The have one variety called Panther p^ss. It is supposed to be the hottest stuff made - very full bodied. I may pop in and try a few.

Steve and Fini- hope the pain issues are better.

Just finished off a wonderfull Cohibe Siglo 6- sipping a Modelo Especial with a slice of some kind of funky lime that the old lady bought at the fresh market. Enjoying a wonderful spring evening Cheers to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben - there is a place here that sells high end ginger ale- The have one variety called Panther p^ss. It is supposed to be the hottest stuff made - very full bodied. I may pop in and try a few

The Blenheim Shrine claims Blenheim is the hottest ginger ale. I wonder who's right?

Ben go easy on that ginger aleSmile

Mostly the store brand. Now Blenheim and the Panther P^^s Winchester's found.... a few bottles of that stuff might burn one's throat or stomach.

Really living it up. diet ginger ale and decaf sweetened blackened tea today at work.

Finally work is done for the day. I'ts been a long week.

But I have tomorrow and next week off.......................

hey guys,

i'm doing alright--no change regarding the pain; but, trying to enjoy life nonetheless. cool day actually. talked to my four year old granddaughter right before lunch, she had been asking her mom for me all morning. so i called her to say hi; and she said "grandpa, i want to come and eat with you." told her i'd take her dinner and she said she wanted to come and eat right now. ended up meeting them after work and bought her an easter basket. she was happy, so right now, life is good for me.

therapist stopped therapy again--sending me back to the doctor. they took measurements and after seven sessions and the cortisone shot, i've only gained 15 degrees in range of motion--with zero improvement in some directions. oh well, looks like surgery after all--yeah, some days off work! going to my brothers this weekend, he'll drink his molson keg that he has--i'd be drinking soda or vitamin water; but, we'll be playing the heck out of his cornwalls! hope you all are well. heading for a canada dry ginger ale--ben, this one's for you. later guys, steve

Uggh...just got through a wicked outbreak of Rotavirus here. Knocked out 4 kids at daycare on Friday, then my wife on Tuesday, then me yesterday. That was the worst 4 hours of my life...bar none...I could not drink water, gatorade or any medicine, it would be gone within 15 seconds. Think the worst has passed, getting ready for the invading inlaws this evening. Cheers (sort of) everyone!

Beautiful spring day 87 degrees. No turkeys but quality time with the kid. The PS audio phono pre arrived today. Not to go on about it but this ia s very serious piece of gear. Not much back and forth about it in 2 ch forum which surprised me.Even in MM mode with the mid level Grado on the PX-2 yamaha TT - this thing is awesome. I am waiting for the police to come arrest me after buying it for 6 bills shipped. The stereo mags rate this pre as the best for under 2500-5k depending on who you listen to- they are not kidding. I hope to have the denon 103r installed on the Thorens 125/SME sometime next week.

Struck gold today- found a used vinyl store with some real finds- Roy geatest hits ever- 2 record set- perfect condition- 8 bucks- Stones - Exile on main st- as new- 6 bucks- Jeff beck-there and back- 3 bucks- Jo Jo Gunne- 3 dollars-Roy Buchanann - 3 bucks-Ry Cooder-Blind faith-jeff Beck and the yardbards- shapes of things-Al green's greatest hits 2- 10 albums- 2 doubles- 42.00 out the door. The lady said thet the owner will be in tomorow and he keeps the good stuff in the back. I know that they have an as new copy of Abbey road in 1/2 speed masterdisc for 20 bucks. Going to have to chase down the owner and see what he has. Wilbuys are #1 on my vilyl list at present. If anybody is looking for anything in particular let me know- she said thet he has 2000 albums put back.

Sipping on a Modelo Especial with lime- surfing e- bay for vinyl. Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The PS audio phono pre arrived today

Is that unit solid state? Still have the tube warmth?

Nice day here. Been trying to get a reservation at a restaurant named Catch for three weeks. They called with a cancellation for 6:00pm....a bit early but were gonna take it.

A very tempting Juicy Music Blueberry with cream and the super tube on audiogon. I am torn between making an offer or sending the QS Full Function Preamp out for some hotrodding at a third the price.

Sending the HK500A off to Craig for a going over.

Cheers buds.....seems a lot like spring here. What do I use to get rid of carpenter bees? Swarms here mating but soom to be attacking my cedar facia.

The unit is solid state. Lost just a tiny touch of warmth( which I was worried about)- but gained it back in terms of range and separation of the mids and highs. The unit is dead quiet. Has its own remote to control phase and gain.Bear in mind that this is a MM cartridge. This pre is supposed to really match up with MC stuff even better. I cant wait to get the TD 125 and the Denon 103 r hooked up. The guy who bought my T2 loves it. Just was not the deal for me- personal taste- highly subjective. Plus it was gonna cost me 600 after shipping to convert to Cream option. Ovation Ultimate audio uses this pre according to another forum member with 20k turntables ans 200 k vinyl systems- hearsay- I have never been to Ovation. I was never totally happy with my previous setup- blamed the PX2 turntable- turns out - that was not the case- The PX2 is awesome. I sure as heck am not selling the TD 125- Gotta decide what to do about the yamaha.

Everybody raves about the bbxt w cream.The quciksilver gets high marks as well?????-Ask craig.

Carp bees destroyed my cedar fence- had to replace it-used treated lumber and painted it this time- I sprayed the *&^^ers but they kept coming back. I would suggest a flame thrower and cynaide.

Sipping on a Newcastle- tasting mighty fine.

I have found this wonderful place to buy old vinyl. Place is crammed full of totallly unorganized stuff laying around on the floor everywhere. The stuff out for general sale is priced at 3-4 dollars for a single album-5-8 fpr doubles. However - he has a back room that is closed to the public. There are literally thousands of albums stuck in poorly organized cubbyholes and piled up in boxes on the floor.These are the "good ones" - genrally in better condition than the out front stuff. I bought 8 Rolling stones and a barely used copy of Seger 7 for 92.00 total. Albums priced from 6 to 18 dollars according to book value. I spent 2 hours rooting around looking for some Wilburys stuff but came up empty on that count. It makes no sense to me as the value is put back away from the public and many people walk out not knowing and not buying. 10 % of the stuff is out for sale- 90% is in the back- strange. In any case I have passed the test and am allowed to root around in the back so long as the owner is there. I could spend hours in there.

So far I have about 20 keepers from good to excellent cond for about 130.00

sipping Grapefruit juice with ketel on this wonderful spring afternoon.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TH - allow me to retract my previous statement about losing warmth on the PS audio pre. The unit has some some high end caps that need 100 hrs to mellow out. The darn thing is getting better and better as it burns in.

one man band keeping the bar open this weekend

Listening to some killer vinyl on the tubes

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend...was really busy and still not feeling up to par. Got my screen doors finally installed on my french doors, one more project off the list...is it too much to ask for an aluminum track...they really needed to save $5 and do plastic on the top...come on...what a joke. Really want to drink some beers and install my AW-500s out on the deck, but I think I want to wait till the spring rains are mostly done...will have to settle with some secondary sound from my upstairs system on the deck for now. Applied to a couple new jobs this morning and doing some housework after the tornado of inlaws and cooking. Cheers everyone! ACE

I have a PS Audio preamp, its very solid performer. Sounds good, the volume dial is attached via an allen wrentch and it kept sliding off, but has been easily fixed. Sounds good at all volumes. Been happy with it for 2 channel, extra transparency and does deliver bass with the right amp.

In laws can be fun, but just MIL in my experiance are good in very short doses. When the FIL was still alive it was 180 degrees different, because the ying and yang balance was there (no outside influence needed), its just the yang now, which usually becomes tired for my wife pretty fast (and I feel it pretty well). I am sure I would behave much differently with out my wife (I am sans kids mind you).

Ace, what kind of screens did you install? I've recently installed a couple sets of "Phanton Screens" (they roll up to the sides, meeting in the middle). They seem to work pretty well. Nor sure how they'd hold up long-term. Oh, these were for in-swing double doors. (I'm a carpenter. You knew that, right?)

BTW, what kind of job are you looking for? I pretty much have to make a wholesale change in jobs, as I can't really do a 40-hour week of nail banging (even if it's those girly finish nails).

The outdoor rocks sound good. Better than the last ones. Ok no comparison to the stuff I have inside, but I am too self consious of my neighbors to make it better. The bass is there, like Bose, i guess used on the inside but more effecient. (the cheap reciever is turned way down now) I can appreciate the music yet not feel I need to worry I am pissing off neighbors. I have pulled out cornwalls before and its like a concert during partys, but in general that would not go over well as a general occurance in my mind. Perhaps some day I will hook up the PS audio preamp and the crown to them, ocourse I could blow em up then, but then if some of the audiofiles saw my wiring job they would be concerned. Its a compromise for sure, but I can live with it for being outside.