3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

back at the bar after a 3 day trip to Ft lauerdale and Miami. loads of good seafood, wine and liqiour, no driving which was a plus, a little on the chily side- not cold enough for a leather coat but too much for a long sleeve Polo. Had a very good day with the Horses at Gulfstream Sat. My boss has a partial ownership in some race horses so we got some perks. Nice to win for a change Picked 3 winners on win ticketws and hit 2 exactas. walked away with a few hundred toward the gun/audio/drinking fund. chartred a 60 foot sea ray for a few hours to cruise around Biscayne Bay. Saw some famous cleb houses. Flying the cattle car commercial flights sucked as usual but a pretty good weekend overall. Ate like a pig and drank like a fish on the company tab.

Wow- nice pics- cool speakers- Back in the work groove- sipping on a bud American Ale which my kid left were this weekend- thanks hunt- they will be gone when you return- not bad for a cheapie Sam Adams substitute.

TH Hope the wife improves- sorry to hear about the illness. good luck on the job search-Ace

Cheers to all- Got some track money so drinks are on me

Tanqueray and Tonic...thanks for the well wishes everyone...Winchester...where did you dine in MIA? I used to have unlimited access to a nice condo down there...been to several nice restutants and was wondering if you got to any of my top list? Have a good evening gents!

Thanks Ben. They will be my new pin ups! Beautiful speakers!

Tannoy makes some uber retro cool looking speakers. We'll have to find you a bigger Westminster image....

How about this one... 7,500 euros at Pettinaudio (approximately $10,200 plus shipping from Italy? New Khorns or Jubilees territory with coin left for some electronics....)

Tannoy%20westminster-1.jpg

Ace - hope the job search works out soon.

Cheers everyone. Finishing off my sweetened blackened decaf tea. (lol how pathetic is that - drinking decaf tea - the regular makes blacker blackened tea)

post-26727-1381955433352_thumb.jpg

post-26727-13819569767952_thumb.jpg

Ace- we ate at the gulfstream horse trackwhile in Miami which is OK if you are in the top section of the track.We brown bagged on the Boat sunday- more drinking than eating.

We ate at the Blue moon fish company in Lauderdale one night- Hold on to your hat $$$$$$$. I reccomend the sea bass- surf and turf- or the stone crabs if in season. We ate at some Jewish sushi bar in Lauderdale. I dont know the name but if interested I will get you a number. best scalops I ever tasted.

My boss's condo is in Lauderdale. I know a bunch of places there. We dont eat often in Miami - typically a trip to the horse track and return to Lauderdale. If you are going to be in Lauderdale let me know- I will get you the whole list. Not all are expensive. Crummy resturants do not survive there for long.

back to work

cheers to all

great speaker pics- thanks for posting

fini medical update:

I saw an orthopedist today. He looked at old xrays, and took some new ones. No change in my back since August '08. He says surgery wouldn't help me. The plan now is to get an epidural to help with my sciatic pain down my leg, and physical therapy and excercise. One of the big goals for me is weight reduction. I could seriously lose about 100#. Of course, these are things I already knew I'd need to do. Nice to know I won't need to go under the knife!

Anyway, feeling a bit better day to day, although I'm still mostly hanging out in bed, on my right side. No more of the big excruciating spasms, for which I'm grateful.

good news fini. Do all you mentioned above and see how that goes. Got my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks for the well wishes for Julia and the pics from Ben.

Congrats winchester on the VRDs!

Ace....get a job.....break time is over[:)]

Stew.....hope you are well.

Cheers gentlemen!

Excuse the three previous post. I guess the post button stuck[:S]

Nice trick to raise your post count TH- The Tarheels are making a comeback .

Congrats on th job Ace

Everybody seems to be in better health better this week

My gear all worked out and they caught the rapist that attacked the woman literally in my yard.

A pretty dam good week so far. Now back on topic

I am munching out on some shrimp and lobster dip with stoned wheat crackers- it is great!!!!

Drinking a Ketel and tonic with a huge wedge of lime.

Drink one on my tab- Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fini - Great news! At least avoiding surgery sounds like great news? I've not had problems with my sciatic nerve but my wife has had a small amount and no fun. She also has some spinal stenosis but not sure it's real bad or will get real bad. Our neighbor has also had some sciatic problems. Hopefully they'll be able to get it under control.

Many of us could stand to lose some weight. Myself included. Maybe 50 to 70 lbs here? I'd be happy to get rid of and keep off 40. Though at times I've easily been 30 to 40 lbs heavier so I'm not complaining. Would help my ankylosing sponylitis (I think I spelled it right) but mine doesn't seem to be as severe or as painful as normal and I think the last time I saw my rheumatologist it wasn't advancing very fast so I can't complain too much. I see him at the end of this month so I'll have to ask. Just some joints don't move like they should, if at all. The owner of the first physical therapist office I went to before anyone new I had AS (though my PT suspected it) called me 2 by 4 neck or concrete neck at various times. But after PT I could lay down flat on a mattress which I couldn't do before. (The traction table actually felt pretty good - the cheap home over the door not so good - but no more traction when they determined AS as I have extra bone that traction I guess could break). Not all bad as I sprained may ankle a while back and the podiatrist said I couldn't sprain my ankle bad due to the AS. Though I suppose that means much worse and things would break?

Prayers ofr your orthopedist to hit the exact best spot with the epidural - if it makes a difference? So now when it's numb don't over do it. I did that with my neck that I could suddenly move better than years when the doctor put me on some steroids for a rash. Went from pretty stiff - stiffer than I realized - to kind of sore and even a bit painful at times.

I was hoping none of the for fini posts recently made you laugh too hard.... laughter is wonderful but not so much when you're in pain....

Our youngest daughter when she was maybe 3 to 5 (pretty young) took one look at the staples on her grandfathers chest after open heart surgery and said "Pap, if you put a couple of bolts on your neck you'd look just like Frankenstein". Poor guy laughed so hard he about cried and thought he was going to rip out his staples. She was young enough we had no clue how she knew much about Frankenstein. Of course she seemed to get and use sarcasm pretty much since she could talk.

Finishing up my sweetened blackened tea with a snack before heading to bed after table tennis.... and just remembered I need to make more tea but really need to get to bed...

Around these parts it's supposed to warm up a bit. Into the 50's I think. With some sun. I'll take it. One of the guys at table tennis has been in Alabama or Georgia for a couple of days getting ready for a big bass tournament tomorrow and he said the water and air temperature have both been 38 degrees and they've caught maybe 4 fish total...

Congrats on th job Ace

Ace got a job? Congratulations! (if so) Tarheel posted for Ace to get a job as breaktime is over...

Chuck - should we all put you on speed dial should we stumble upon some dusty Westminsters in a thrift store or garage sale sometime? Of course if they're cheap enough I'd buy 'em for myself so I suppose you could come visit.... or bring a trailer if SWMBO wouuldn't let me keep 'em. But they are kind of pretty and a nice flat top to hold knick knacks and other assorted dust collectors. [:S]. So maybe show her some pictures of some beat up naked decorator Klipschorns I almost got these as they practically payed me to haul them away but got these instead... so I got the story figured out....

I am munching out on some shrimp and lobster dip with stoned wheat crackers- it is great!!!!

[:(] I just had a couple of microwaved corn dogs... but at least got smart enough to crisp 'em up a bit under the broiler. Fair food night here in Kokotucky

p.s. congratulations on the equipment working out

Sorry-Ace- my mistake on the job - I misread THs post- thought it said Ace got a job.

headed home from hell(work) in a few mins- Oven baked baby backs - a few shots of Black Jack-

The shrimp and lobster dip is prepackaged by the store and costs like 4 bucks for a small container- But really good!!! I think they use leftovers from the fancy dishes in the prepared foods section. Nothing wrong wit MW corndogs unless they are soggy.

The weather is better here- supposed to be in the 60s by the weekend.

Cheers to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing wrong wit MW corndogs unless they are soggy.

Not at all. 70 seconds as opposed to 20 or more minutes in the oven...

Opent the end of the bag it blows off in the microwave and the batter kind of splits open. Barely opening the bag batter is maintained better but close to soggy probably would be if not dried with a paper towel.

Though still much better baked.

Doh! The oven has a broiler. Duh. Verified that I had yet to use the broiler since we've had this stove as I discovered the broiler has a hi / lo setting. I was used to all or nothing. Anyways. A couple of minutes under the broiler turning a couple of times and they crisp up real nice.

Of course I suppose for the best corn dogs you want freshly battered and deep fried and hope the grease was hot enough so they're not too greasy.

OMG- scored a old ThorensTD 125 with a rare as heck - highly sought after Shure tonearm un- modded for a great price. It pays to watch the garage. The thing lasted maybe an hour. Never been completely happy with the Yamaha px2- rare cool TT - but I dont think I had it set up right. Used the Jolida CD most of the time. Spoke to a forum member - Harry-to do the deal- What a nice guy. Typical forum member.

TGIF- Worked- sort of last weekend- took 1/2 day off today- really needed it. Lucky score on the TT.

Working on a Knob Creek and Coke. Belly up to the bar- Drinks on me- I feel the urge for some raw fatty tuna coming on- Sounds like a road trip to the sushi bar.

Eveybody have a safe and great weekend- Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a more serious note- several of the bar regulars here discussed losing weight. I fought that battle for the last few years. Here is my 2 cnts worth and I hope it helps somebody out. I tried many fad diets- I would lose 10-15 lbs and gain it right back. At the start of this hunting season I was 221 lbs- 6-3" medium frame- should weigh 185-190. I started feeling light headed and funny during extended walks. Not heat attack material but not right either. It was obvious to me that I was carrying too much fat for my own good. I examined my eating /drinking habits- cokes all day long- fast food at lunch- huge pigfest dinners 7 days a week- sweets and ice cream before hitting the sack. Throw in a six pack or a bottle of wine every nite and there is a problem.

I approached the issue by first 86ing the fast junk food lunches. Then the ice cream. I went to some pineapple chunks about 10 in the morning and ate granola bars and fresh fruit for lunch and anytime I got hungry- tons of fresh fruit. I worked on cutting my dinner potions down to reasonable size instead of Mongo variety. I still drink in the evenings but not as much. I have reduced the coke chasers with my favorite burbon. I have lost 36 pounds and seem to be maintaining that weight level. I still eat pretty much what I want in the evening- just not as much- with no desert. I feel much better and I am determined to keep the excess weight off. A friend of mine lost 80 lbs with the same routine. Only problem- none of my clothes fit- down from a 38 to a 33 in the waist.

Trust me- if you can do this for 60 days-it gets easier- you will crave excess food less. I am not posting this to rub it in. I would love to hear back that a froum brother lost weight and feels better for it. We dont need any more bad news.

A pretty...sunny day here in the 50s. Tube rolling and a drink of Russell's Reserve...10 year old bourban.

Called our favorite restaurant....full till 9:45....looks like the economy is starting to turn.

Going to Duke on March 15th to be evaluated as a kidney donor for the wife....got the letter today. She is doing better having lost 10 pounds of fluid thanks to diuretics. The diagnosis.....congestive heart failure due to a poorly functioning kidney but hopefully that will change with the fluid loss. Juvenile diabetes is hell on the body.

Anyway...thats enough about me. Whats up with the rest of you guys. Fini....hope you are better!

Fini's either feeling better and is out playing (woohoo!) or is in too much pain to check in (I hope not)?

Still in my thoughts and prayers Gregg.

Chuck your wife is in my thoughts and prayers also. I hope she gets to feeling better soon.

I've got Oscar Peterson's Finest Hour spinnin' in the CD player drinking some (decaf) sweetened blackened tea. Been working on gathering up stuff to do our taxes (ya, should've been done a month ago [:$]) and hit some thrift stores today. I think I'm going to go pick up a few more CD boxes to put the "new" CDs in and then back to diggin' for tax info.

ps Nice and sunny here too. Got up in the upper 40's at least maybe 50

Russell reserve??? drinking pretty high on the hog aren't we??????? I have my bought on sale Knob Creek with some mineral water. I have eyed the russell reserve but I am waiting for a sale deal- What is the verdict?/ Worth the money? Jack Daniels jumped 8 dollars a handle here so the higher priced stuff looks more reasonable now.

Rolling tubes is tough duty. Sounds like your day was quite rewarding. BTW- Cigarbum settled on the Bugle Boys out of your same test lot. Bought the last Nordost Blue heaven RCA interconnct that I needed off e-bay today for a song. Had to shop for clothes today and de-salt the cars- That sucked. Hope we are finished with the snow and ice. Pretty nice here today in the high 50s.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Our family has kidney problems as well. My dad waited a long time for a suitable donor. Everybody here is praying for you and your wife

Hope everybody has a great weekend- Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!