3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

TH- hang in there buddy- thoughts and prayers- let us know what is happening- we want to know

Thanks for asking. We went to Duke Monday and met with her doctor. Apparently it was heart problems that caused the fluid build up and that was treated over the past ten days resulting in a 16 pound fluid loss. Her kidney function has improved to the extent that it is now too early to go on the transplant list. In the mean time I will be checked for transplant compatability and she will be taking new meds in addition to the handful she was already taking. Very good report and she is very excited about the news.

Cheers to all!

Tarheel,

Great to hear your wife is doing better! So am I! I've been raking the back lawn...for the past 3 days.[:P] And it ain't a big yard (20 X 50?)!! I hired the 12 yo kid next door to mow it, as it had gotten way overgrown. Very healthy, but very tall. It was so tough, his dad finished it off! Halfway through, they discarded the bag, and just let the clippings blow on the lawn. I told them that was fine, that I'd rake it up. So, I do a little bit at a time. Today, without my crutch!! Cutting back on the pain meds, too. Of course, it wouldn't be suitable for mention in this thread unless I told you a couple Sierra Nevada Pale Ales (medicinal use) have been assisting me in the yard work...

st-patricks-beer-sierra-nevada-pale-ale-

Greeting Friends,
Finally able to report some good news! Got a $201/month payraise retroactive back to last May 9th, so I got some back pay coming. Will come in handy to pay my school bus ticket; but, i'm sure I'll have enough to buy a few rounds. Even better, I'm due another $100/month raise this coming May. So, i think I'll have some cornwalls or LaScalas by the end of the summer!
Hope everyone is well, and that you're feeling better Fini. I met with the surgeon today--physical therapy on shoulder showing very minimal results. He talked me into a cortosone shot before letting him operate. I will get it next wednesday (has to be approved by the insurance company first). So maybe by the end of next week, I will be able to get dressed without being in pain. I've forgotten what that's like.
Have a great evening guys!

Steve

Good news on the pay raise! You will definitely be in Cornwall/La Scala territory soon!

I know what you mean about dressing with pain. That is why I've chosen to go au natural when inside. Makes the girls and their friends a little uncomfortable, though...

mpfc31.JPG

Glad to hear all the good news around the bar.

Congrats on the positive news TH, that is good to hear. I had a duke jersey laying around somewhere...I was going to post a picture of myself in it after the heels season ended, but figured I would keep the forum civil.

Steve...congrats on the raise...probably stink to throw it at that ticket, but hope you get some corns or la scalas...I have the vault if you need it haha. I also have 2 pairs of corns that are future uncertain nobody hiring.

Wincherster and family...stop buying gear haha.

Things going ok here...having some Tanq and Tonic...finished about 30 ft of my ledge today...roughly 800 cuts of wood when all said and done...you can do amazing things when you have no money and an attic of hardwood that needs to be refinished into another project...no one is going to actually believe I cut 800 2.25" strips of oak flooring to make the top of my perimeter ledge...it is actually going to be funny.

ACE

OMG what a pic- LMAO Glad to hear that everyone is doing better. + 1 on the Serria Nevada. I buy it everytime I see it on draft or in the bottles on sale.

Work is awful. 8 am to 6 pm- balls to the wall- no lunch hour no nothing. Cmon Friday 4:30- pleeze.Glad to have the job though. Really becoming more than I can do.

sipping a corona cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chuck - So glad to hear your wife is doing better.

Gregg - Good to hear that you're up - though do you really have to share playing your organ in your birthday suit with us?

Steve - Retroactive pay raise and a scheduled pay raise - good news.

Winchester Ace - hope the job search improves soon. (with all the excitement over Ace's new Cornwalls I forget it was he looking for a job. (I'm so brain dead of late)

Winchester - hang in there man - don't work yourself to death. Getting over stressed at work is no fun.

Took our 1996 beat up Dodge Dakota pick up into the shop today after finding out that it was leaking gas..... rusted out fuel line leaking in 3 places. Naturally a part that's only available from the dealer. Leaking in 3 places. One of the gas tank straps broken and the other not in very good shape and heading towards falling off.

I guess the good news is it didn't catch on fire on go boom. The bad news will come tomorrow when I find out how much to repair.

Just a normal diet ginger ale. Not allowed to have anything stronger.

Idratherhunt is here for a couple of days. We talked audio and listened to the tubes until 2AM???. Really great to have a hobby that you can share with the kid. Drank too much of the 6.00 Pinot Noir but at least I do not have to work today. Weather is georgeous. 70s and sunny.

12 hours of Sebering is really good this morning.

Everybody have a great weekend.

I went to e Kunde tasting/dinner a while back. Personally I was not impressed with price considered. I heard the same thing about the Doobie Bro manager deal. Here is my current favorite red list- Stonewood pinot Noir-not worth the 18.00 retail but a killer for 6 bucks on closeout-Poggialupi tuscan 2008-20.00 marked down to 15-i give it a solid 90 points.Juan Gil Monastrel(Movedre grape) 2007- Spain- 20.00 marked down to 14. another 90 IMHO-2005 Turlo Salviano- Italy- Cab- Merlot- Sangoviese- 20 retail- 91 points IMHO-La Ninota 2006 Spain- Grenache- Cab-Syrah Merlot blend- at 13.00 a steal 92 points IMHO.

Rainy sunday here. listening to Gillian Welch CD. Maybe a cigar later on.

Overcast here. Watching The Syracuse Orange men beating up on Gonzaga...with the volume down. Listening to JJ Cale and Eric Clapton with the volume up......and on the forum. Multi tasking I guess. Baby backs slow roasting. Life in the slow lane[:)]

Yeah, I disliked most of what Kunde was tasting, especially the Merlot and the Sangiovese. Hmm, both were on sale...YUK!

I've gotten some awesome deals from family members in the business, as well as times I've done work for wineries. I picked up a 6-pack of Beringer Private Reserve ('03?), which retails for around $100/bottle, for $120 for the six! Awesome!

After a long day in the yard, enjoying a CAO Gold and a Rolling Rock listening to Billy Joel on the now shot outdoor speakers. Just ordered some new ones. I thought Klipsch has some rock speakers in their on-line store, but I must have been mistaken.

Was just watching a pileated wood pecker wrecking a fallen tree in my back yard.

LOL, good one. I have had some issues with Downey's putting holes in my cedar siding to build nests, if Pileated guys wanted they could be in my living room in a few pecks. Very impressive birds. Downey's are very consistant in their damage, they only like one spot on the house and so I hang silver garland up on the side to discurage those buggers. Having another Rolling rock.

I have never seen Beringer Reserve discounted in 15 years of wine buying -collecting. Love the stuff but out of my price point and Never marked down. Nice score.I got a hookup where I can buy at wholesale thru a resturant with a big glasss list. I became friends with several of the dustributors who reradily sold to me as long as somebody ran the juice through their purchasing. for a 5% fee. I had a large buying group who spent lots of money up until the economic down turn. Now it is buying close outs and stuff from out of business places. A couple of months ago I bought the inventory of a defunct restuerant for 25 cents on the dollar. Some of the bottles were corked but most were OK. After it was all said and done I ended up with 18 bottles of Robert Foley Claret(Pride fame) for nothing- 150.00 a pop. I am the lab rat for a lot of new stuff that comes through town.We ( myself and the wine buyers for resturants and stores) used to do bus road trips to the distributors back several years ago. talk about fun for a wine junkie!! Not so much lately with the economy.

I found some great crab dip at the local Fresh Market. tasting good with Pislner Urqurell.

Cheers to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1