3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

My friend owns a winery and specializes in fruit and berry wines.  They came over last weekend and he brought maybe 8 bottles.  It seems that every year one bottle stands out above the rest.  This year it's his plum wine.  Its absolutely exceptional.   I got 4 bottles and opened one tonight.  Its hard not to finish the bottle.

• Like 1

Just now, CECAA850 said:

Sweet.  Good score. 

My sister and I did a blind WTF tasting. Cracked open the Weller, Taylor and Fitz. We only agreed on #3. Our 1s and 2s were swapped. I was shocked we both liked "W" the least....but still darn good.

My winner Col. T, hers Old Fitz. Must be something to Bottled in Bond as both of those are

• Like 1

Just now, rplace said:

My sister and I did a blind WTF tasting. Cracked open the Weller, Taylor and Fitz. We only agreed on #3. Our 1s and 2s were swapped. I was shocked we both liked "W" the least....but still darn good.

My winner Col. T, hers Old Fitz. Must be something to Bottled in Bond as both of those are

Col Taylor is always good.  I'm not a huge Blantons fan but have a couple bottles.   I opened one last week and it was absolutely amazing.  You never know what you'll get with a single barrel selection. 

13 minutes ago, rplace said:

I got 3 bottles of the Weller 107 in a week. Closest I'll come to hitting the Lotto

not the lotto; but that Colonel Taylor is a big score.  That is my favorite bourbon thus far. 

Tonight, I'm enjoying a glass of red wine called Into the fog.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm not a huge Blantons fan but have a couple bottles.   I opened one last week and it was absolutely amazing

I've yet to have a single barrel Bourbon, sourmash, rye, etc that I've not liked. Like sound systems at a certain level they all sound "good" some are great, others you jus like more than some

19 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Col Taylor is always good.  I'm not a huge Blantons fan but have a couple bottles.   I opened one last week and it was absolutely amazing.  You never know what you'll get with a single barrel selection. 

On behalf of the Colonel ... Thank You.   I scored a bottle of Blanton's two Christmas Eve's ago.  Liquor store was packed and I was looking around. a worker comes up and asks if I needed help.  Got the usual No to the Weller and the guy said he had a bottle of Blantons in the back, so I said "I'll take it."   I enjoyed it. Really, the only thing I've had which I absolutely detest and will never buy again is Four Roses. Yuk!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Willett

Yes. Never had it but my gut tells me a bottle will be better than the bourbon. I've never had it so reserving judgment. Not 100% sure but I think I read online somebody else does there distilling so they just repackage other people's hard work.

rps20210824_215011.thumb.jpg.1e87fdfa26fffe4abb24d89b292585bc.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rplace said:

Yes. Never had it but my gut tells me a bottle will be better than the bourbon. I've never had it so reserving judgment. Not 100% sure but I think I read online somebody else does there distilling so they just repackage other people's hard work.

rps20210824_215011.thumb.jpg.1e87fdfa26fffe4abb24d89b292585bc.jpg

after you drink the bourbon, the bottle doubles as a bong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1