VRDs on the 'gon...

Thanks for coming clean. I figured it was bullshit.

It wasn't [bs], I've never lied here. I know you won't belive it and that's ok by me. That is your issue & not mine [;)] Perhaps simply a matter of one person's tomato being another persons tomatoe.

[:D]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, you did say "This person told me they sold their VRD's and unfortunately I do not recall (nor do I even recall having asked) what they replaced them with."

When I tell people what I replaced mine with I get, "Moron, imbecile, idiot!" I guess they want me choose, I don't think I can be all three at the same time.:)

Well, you did say "This person told me they sold their VRD's and unfortunately I do not recall (nor do I even recall having asked) what they replaced them with."

When I tell people what I replaced mine with I get, "Moron, imbecile, idiot!" I guess they want me choose, I don't think I can be all three at the same time.:)

Naaa your the only guy I know that can cover all three at once

post-7461-13819338792084_thumb.gif

Thanks for coming clean. I figured it was bullshit.

It wasn't [bs], I've never lied here. I know you won't belive it and that's ok by me. That is your issue & not mine [;)] Perhaps simply a matter of one person's tomato being another persons tomatoe.

[:D]

Coytee, I am not asking you to blow anyones cover. I just want to know for my benefit the name of amps I should be looking at which are superior to VRD's for less money. Help a fellow forum brother out to save money and achieve sonic bliss. [:D]

"don't you be cussing on this here forum!"

Yeah, that was out of line, sorry. I probably should have posted that pic you sent me of your last x-ray.:)

C'mon - we all know that is Tom Brennan after listening to a pair of Heresies!

I just want to know for my benefit the name of amps I should be looking at which are superior to VRD's for less money.

The argument becomes nonsensical if one accepts that when you get to a certain level of quality, things are just more different than "better". When someone tells you that something sounds "better", it's really useless information -- it doesn't tell you anything except the person had a preference for one thing over another. With that said, it's very possible for someone to stumble into something that costs less money and sounds "better" to them than a pair of no holds barred KT-88 push-pull amps. I would have to say though, it wouldn't be for that much less money -- I don't see it happening for less than $1500. If you want both quantity and quality of power -- you're going to have to pay a bit for it.

With that said, it's very possible for someone to stumble into something that costs less money and sounds "better" to them than a pair of no holds barred KT-88 push-pull amps. I would have to say though, it wouldn't be for that much less money -- I don't see it happening for less than $1500. If you want both quantity and quality of power -- you're going to have to pay a bit for it.

Talking new? Little out there. Vintage? Eico was arguably superior to anything Dynaco offered. Used? There are a few amps.

Regarding a stock Eico (competing against Mark III's):

This amp is truly one of the best vintage tube stereo units,

with a balanced sound throughout the musical spectrum. Bass is

nothing short of spectacular, with mids and highs that are sweet

and detailed.

Regarding an HF-81: The EICO HF-81 performs best when mated to speakers that are easy or

moderately easy to drive, and is readily available on eBay for

$300$800. Toss in a full restoration, and for well under $2000, the

HF-81 can beat the pants off many amps and shame the SETs at their own

game.

If sheer volume isn't your only criteria...

Yea really I could see getting nailed once but 4, 5 or 6 times...........something fishy going! Especially when you factor in that the nail gun has to be pressed hard into an object to release the safety to allow you to pull the trigger. I own a full compliment of both gas and air operated nail guns from my construction day's.

Craig

What do guys think of the x-ray, it's for real. I was checking out nail guns and ran across a medical journal article about nail gun accidents -- is that messed up or what.

Just this week I had to drain the puss from some guys scrotum. Just before we took him back to the OR table, The opthamologist stopped us and asked if he could take a guy back to the OR first with a nail in his eye. I said NO.

Maybe that will change the direction of this thread.

jc

What do guys think of the x-ray, it's for real. I was checking out nail guns and ran across a medical journal article about nail gun accidents -- is that messed up or what.

Just this week I had to drain the puss from some guys scrotum. Just before we took him back to the OR table, The opthamologist stopped us and asked if he could take a guy back to the OR first with a nail in his eye. I said NO.

Maybe that will change the direction of this thread.

jc

If I read you right, I hope the guy loves something like bose cause it sounds like he ain't gonna be horning for a while [:o]