Mmmmmm, baaacon

sputnik

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I hit 60 JB I'm just going to attach the pads each morning and hand carry the sending device with me everywhere[:o] It will save time and who knows if anybody will even know how to hit the trigger by then much less attach the device[^o)]

Medtronic (as well as other medical equipment makers) make a combo pacemaker and implanted defibrillator. The defribrillator will automatically deliver a shock should the heart should stop. Ouch!

Don't let it get to that point that you need a machine, control it now, trust me, you don't want heart problems, you really don't........I speak the truth, I know it by living it................but.............I still love BLT's, and will continue to eat them..............Commerical Quality Bacon if far superior to the crap they sell in Supermarkets............

When I hit 60 JB I'm just going to attach the pads each morning and hand carry the sending device with me everywhere[:o] It will save time and who knows if anybody will even know how to hit the trigger by then much less attach the device[^o)]

I may just attach the pads to my chest before bedtime and hook the wiring harness to my alarm clock!

Sputnik,

I'm in a delima here. Today we are flying to Ft Laurderdale to go on a cruise. While I'm sure bacon will be available in ample supply, I'm wondering what type of mixed drink I could have.

Some thoughts. "I'll have a vodka bacon please"

or

"gin and bacon"

or

"margarita with bacon on the rim of the glass"

Do you have any suggestions o resident bacon culinary guru?

Well Phil, that's a challenge. For me, bacon goes great with beer, even stale leftover beer from the night before. However, I'm sure your tastes are much more refined than mine so how about this?

Equal parts dark rum, Bacardi 151 (for kick), Malibu, cointreau, and pineapple juice shaken and served in a juice glass with an orange slice wrapped in bacon. Call it a Jamaican Bacon.

I think egg nog enhanced with bacon instead of nutmeg might also be worth trying. Better for a winter drink than on a tropical cruise.

I'd like to check out black vodka, maybe it would work well with bacon.

http://www.blackvodka.com/index2.htm

Enjoy the cruise. I'm sure you'll be able to find a warming tray full of bacon on a buffet table somewhere on board.

Why brush your teeth at all? Not only does brushing wreck the taste of orange juice, but you also run the risk of dislodging those little bits of bacon stuck betwen your teeth that can be enjoyed thoughout the day.

Back to more pleasant thoughts. Remember the Cosby Show? There was talk of a "Bacon Burger Dog." According to my research, it was a hot dog wraped in cheese then wrapped in hamburger then wrapped in bacon. It might be worth a try since the Wendy's Baconator sounds like a dud.

"Dad...I want a BACON BURGER DOG!"

-Theo Huckstable

I"m certain those are available at the Indiana State Fair- anywhere that features Deep Fried Twinkies should have those pork/beef delicacies!

How do you like your bacon cooked?

I have eaten hard dry burned super cripy sliver thin bacon (restaurants).

I have eaten limp pink translucent soft bacon (other's cooking).

I seem to like the extra thick bacon cooked to the point of begining crispyness but if you bend it, it does not snap.

I like the bacon that has been impregnated with hot black ground pepper corns.

The best bacon I've had is while camping.

I have seen a few sites explaining the proper way to cook bacon - they are all wrong! Whether baking, frying, or even microwaving they always show putting in four or five slices. That is only enough to make me hungry. I always cook ALL the slices in my ancient Wagner Ware #8 iron skillet.

post-16099-13819339009154_thumb.jpg

We had, for some strange reason at the Klipsch weekend, a discussion about corn. LOL Anarchist went on and on about it!

What is it about corn...... you eat corn..... so it goes corn... and it comes out.. still corn? Does your body actually like it?

Ever had corn on the cob slightly burnt on the grill with melted butter and a little salt n pepper to taste too? mmmmmm

So you have been using the new grill. [Y] I 'almost' felt bad cooking on that new grill, it was so nice and clean.

When you started cooking on the grill I was like, does indyklipschfan ever bbq cause the grill looked brand new..... little did I know, it was?

OK sputnik.... you made me LMFAO...LOL...

Indy and Indiana really is a big corn state.. Were going to have 6 ethinol plants, soon. I hope this hybrid thing is for real. And people can run on ethinol too. Time will tell.

I found that out the hard way, by bus.... All you saw out the window when taking the bus was cornfield after cornfield....

I dislike the ethanol substitute though..... By making corn into ethanol, you increase the cost of corn, which makes it cost more to cattle farmers. You pillage the the cost of meat and milk to make gasoline somewhat cheaper... Okay you stabilized gas price but your meat is now a dollar more a pound and milk is the same price as gas gallon for gallon....... we need a better solution. Its a start with ethanol but we need to broaden our horizon

Sputnik,

I'm in a delima here. Today we are flying to Ft Laurderdale to go on a cruise. While I'm sure bacon will be available in ample supply, I'm wondering what type of mixed drink I could have.

Some thoughts. "I'll have a vodka bacon please"

or

"gin and bacon"

or

"margarita with bacon on the rim of the glass"

Do you have any suggestions o resident bacon culinary guru?

I say get some everclear (95% ethanol) and put some cooked bacon to get bacon extract?

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators

I was thinking of this thread the other day, still haven't tried one of these.

icon-quote.gifsputnik:

Back to more pleasant thoughts. Remember the Cosby Show? There was talk of a "Bacon Burger Dog." According to my research, it was a hot dog wraped in cheese then wrapped in hamburger then wrapped in bacon. It might be worth a try since the Wendy's Baconator sounds like a dud.

"Dad...I want a BACON BURGER DOG!"
-Theo Huckstable