Milwaukee Area - Forum Get Together

boomac

New information and updated agenda:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Hosted by: Damonrpayne, JMalotky and Boomac.

When: Friday, Saturday and Sunday August 10th, 11th & 12th.

If you are planning to attend on Saturday, please meet the group at The Hartbrook Café, (<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />

600 Hartbrook Dr, Hartland, WI53029
) between 9:00 & 10:00 AM. Its a nice little restaurant with an excellent breakfast menu! If you cant make it that early, please get in touch with John, Damon or me (PM, e-mail or call) and well get you directions to the location of your choice.

If you are planning to join us Saturday afternoon for the barbeque, please RSVP by midnightTuesday, August 7th, 2007.

If you have any audio gear you want to sell, bring it along. Anyone interested in an RSW 10, RC-3II or maybe a pair of Heresys or Cornwalls, talk to me. Please feel free to bring along any music, (LP*CD*SACD) or movies you would like to preview. Damon has Blue Ray technology.

PM one of us with any questions and if you dont get a quick response, indicate so via a post in this thread. Once again, please RSVP by tomorrow evening if you plan on being here for the Saturday afternoon barbeque.

Updated agenda:

Friday: 08/10/07 18:00 Fish Fry

20:00 Movie at Damons (300)

22:30 Jazz, cocktails/beer at Boomacs

Saturday: 08/11/07 09:00 Breakfast at the Hartbrook Café*

10:30 Informal listening sessions various locations

15:00 Cocktails/beer and barbeque at Boomacs

19:00 Movies/music at Damons, Johns or Boomacs

23:30 Beer, Pizza and BS at Boomacs

Sunday: 08/12/07 10:00 Listening sessions (various locations)

13:00 Lunch and departure for some travelers

14:00 Listening session

15:30 End of Klipsch Get Together

* Map Quest 600 Hartbrook Dr, Hartland, WI 53029

Please see host system profiles for what you will have opportunity to both listen to and view. Damon is already working on upgrades! Theres also a rumor that Craig, (of Nos/Valves fame) will be making the trip and who knows what surprises he might bring along! I'll best have some crackers handy!

Anyone seeking accommodations please contact one of us. Were about a half hour west of Milwaukee and 1.5 to 2 hours north west of Chicago. Indy is a 4 to 5 hour hop as long as Chicago traffic is avoided. We're between 4 and 5 hours from the Twin Cities. We can also make airport pick-up and drop-off arrangements for anyone opting to fly in.

Klipsch Forum Members, Moderators and their guest are all welcome!

Please PM JMalotky, Damonrpayne or Boomac with questions or to RSVP!

As of 08/05/07

Yes: boomac - j-malotky - damonrpayne - Nos/Valves - Parrot - Artto - Double J - hammertop - meagain - MikeGinIllinois - Mark in Wisconsin - Classic240Z

Maybe: William F. Gil McDermott - spaaaz - SWL

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I attended the first of these a couple of years ago, and it was an exceptionally nice event. Great home theater on the march this time around, and a great place to be in August!

Equipment and music were all top-notch, and I thought Boomac's upstairs LP and CD player (they may be in the basement home theater by now) sounded especially good in combination with the BAT gear and beautiful curly maple Cornwalls.

John Malotky's spectacular McIntosh-laden home theater is NOT to be missed!

This will be a good opportunity to hear Scott's very nice Eastern Electric MiniMax tube CD player.

Larry

Thanks for the invite, I'd be very interested in attending if workload allows for a little time off. What area/town is this located? I did some work in the Xonia-Watertown-Occonomoac area a couple of years ago. Beautiful country out there. I'm about one hour away coming from Twin Lakes.

We're in the Hartland - Sussex area about 10 miles east and a couple miles north of Oconomowoc. From Hwy 83 and I43, (just outside Mukwonago) you're about 23 - 25 miles away. Twin Lakes can't be but 60 - 70 miles.

Thanks for the kind words Larry. The BAT/Mini Max & Well Tempered are down in the lower level for now but that's always subject to change. Perhaps you and the G-Man should consider an end run and head west in that new vehicle of yours!

Scott - I'll do what I can. I have lots going on this summer and Catherine already warned me not to make any "forum related" plans. She owes me big time though so I'll see what I can do. I'd love to come but can't make a firm commitment yet. You know I'll give it the old college try though.

Coytee said: you trying to mooch in on Amy's ear lobes?[:o]

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

If I were only single and a few years younger![;)]

Garymd said: You know I'll give it the old college try though.

Now thats exciting news! Ive heard stories about your college days. Any guy that can carry a pair of Cornwalls up to a dorm room can figure out a way to make a quick end run!

Now thats exciting news! Ive heard stories about your college days. Any guy that can carry a pair of Cornwalls up to a dorm room can figure out a way to make a quick end run!

I'm kind of worried this photo Catherine sent me of Gary in his college days doesn't exactly portray a guy that got things done [;)]

post-7461-13819338957664_thumb.jpg

I'm kind of worried this photo Catherine sent me of Gary in his college days doesn't exactly portray a guy that got things done [;)]

Hey hey hey now....... That's pretty close! I just had a mustache, no scraggly beard. I got plenty done though, just not the things you'd want YOUR kids to do.

Maybe I shouldn't go. Craig will be there. Might turn out to be a problem. Like a "call the cops" level.

I was thinking more like the fight of the penguins, only questions is who's smacking who upside the head?