Smile if you are in the stock market

Funny Brian.......My wife always jokes about me watching the same movies over and over....such as the Godfather saga, Platoon, Deliverance, and so on. I tell her I had rather watch good movies over and over than to watch sit coms or prime time nonsense.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tarheel, get ahold of Gods and Generals, great civil war movie..............back to point, the Stockmarket over the long haul averages a return of 10%.....What company in America wouldn't be happy with a 10% profit yearly?..........Relax guys, remember in the 70's the stock market hit 700..gloom and doom............ooops maybe some of you weren't born yet..........what is it now 13,000 something.........relax......inflation is the killer.....

My aunt just brought over some American Fund literature showing a graph that if you invested in these funds $10,000.00 in 1936 you would have $66,000,000.00 today. I told her why should I do this when I am having trouble spending what I have? And she said I want to inherit it from you. I am 66 and she is 70.

JJK

• Moderators

If you can't tell me what to do tommorow then I will go back to watching Godfather part II fo the twelth time this weekend.

Sorry, had to break in the action to laugh at this. I have the movie on DVD but have found myself watching it every time it's been on both AMC and Bravo (and Spike TV, and FX, and....)...I just can't look away.

Wonder why we do that? I almost know all the lines by heart. Wish there would have been parts 4,5,6 and so on....great movies. Almost forgot Deer Hunter...great cast in that one....Streep, DeNiro,Walken.

Oops....almost forgot this was a market thread......got a nice little bounce today but still holding tight.

• Moderators

Wonder why we do that? I almost know all the lines by heart. Wish there would have been parts 4,5,6 and so on....great movies. Almost forgot Deer Hunter...great cast in that one....Streep, DeNiro,Walken.

Oops....almost forgot this was a market thread......got a nice little bounce today but still holding tight.

I can watch the Godfather I and II over and over and over and still find something new. They are just that awesome. And with the DVD's commentaries, deleted scenes, and re-edited version....jessh, I'm in heaven. I only enjoy part III as long as Vincent, Mary, and Connie aren't on screen, which unfortunately is too much of the time. Michael and Kay are the only main characters worth watching.

And don't even get me started on The Deer Hunter. I just watched it again about 2 weeks ago. LOVE it. John Cazale was taken too young.

Sorry about derailing the stock market thread! [:$]

I can watch the Godfather I and II over and over and over and still find something new. They are just that awesome. And with the DVD's commentaries, deleted scenes, and re-edited version....jessh, I'm in heaven. I only enjoy part III as long as Vincent, Mary, and Connie aren't on screen, which unfortunately is too much of the time. Michael and Kay are the only main characters worth watching.

And don't even get me started on The Deer Hunter. I just watched it again about 2 weeks ago. LOVE it. John Cazale was taken too young.

What Amy....no chick flicks......you are watching guy movies. I never hear women talking about how great the Godfather movies are. Can't get my wife to do that. You are right about Cazale....wasn't he a boyfriend of Meryl Streep?

So I have to mention the market I guess......it's up 45 as we speak.....couple of hundred more and we break even[:)]

• Moderators

What Amy....no chick flicks......you are watching guy movies. I never hear women talking about how great the Godfather movies are. Can't get my wife to do that. You are right about Cazale....wasn't he a boyfriend of Meryl Streep?

So I have to mention the market I guess......it's up 45 as we speak.....couple of hundred more and we break even[:)]

I can tolerate a good chick flick every once in a while, but they are not my "thing." I've been reviewing movies lately on my MySpace page, and I also list my favorites on there: http://www.myspace.com/klipschgirl

I'm always game to chat about movies, and am always looking for recommendations. Drop me a note!!

Hmmm....stock market... I wish I could go back in time and buy stock strategically [:)]

My wife loves the Godfather movies I and II. We both laugh about Sophia?(Coppola's daughter) in part III.

• Moderators

My wife loves the Godfather movies I and II. We both laugh about Sophia?(Coppola's daughter) in part III.

Ugh. I tried to give her a chance--can't be easy to act with Pacino--but no...she was truly awful.

And don't forget his sister, Talia. She was decent in I and II, but I can't watch her at all in III. Or maybe it was the "evolution" of her character that seemed disengenuous.

Must be nice to be related to a big shot director. [:)]

Have a hard time remembering movies until someone else mentions them. Recently watched A History of Violence for the third or fourth time. I can watch Alan Alda in The Four Seasons time after time. Same goes for The Big Chill....love that scene at the funeral when they play the Stones tune. American Grafitti and Jaws I are favorites. Great scene in Jaws where they all are a bit loaded and start comparing their scars and drinking to their legs. Saw the Exorcist in college....had to go by a group of baptist protesting the movie as devil worship....scary when Linda Blair's head spins around....scarier still when the baptist heads spin to watch me go through the picket line[;)]

The market turned south big time after I posted this morning.....another bad day. Watch a movie and don't think about[:'(]

• Moderators

Have a hard time remembering movies until someone else mentions them. Recently watched A History of Violence for the third or fourth time. I can watch Alan Alda in The Four Seasons time after time. Same goes for The Big Chill....love that scene at the funeral when they play the Stones tune. American Grafitti and Jaws I are favorites. Great scene in Jaws where they all are a bit loaded and start comparing their scars and drinking to their legs. Saw the Exorcist in college....had to go by a group of baptist protesting the movie as devil worship....scary when Linda Blair's head spins around....scarier still when the baptist heads spin to watch me go through the picket line[;)]

The market turned south big time after I posted this morning.....another bad day. Watch a movie and don't think about[:'(]

Love all those, especially The Exorcist...best horror flick ever, IMO. Except I couldn't get into A History of Violence. Something didn't sit right with me about it. I need to watch it again.

[8] Show me the way to go home...I'm tired and I wanna go to bed! [8]

How bout Wall Street? Trading Places? Wasn't there a stock exchange scene in Ferris Bueller's Day Off? [;)]

[8] Had a little drink about an hour ago and its gone straight to my head[8]

Wall Street......very good....may have watched that one 10 times or more. About the only movie I liked Daryl Hannah in. Like most of Michael Douglas' movies.......Wall Street....Black Rain and the one with Gwyneth Paltrow....can't remember the name. Romancing the Stone was a bit silly.

I was just watching Fast Money on cnbc. They mentioned Jaws I and how bad the sequels were. Bear Sterns just announced more bad news so the market may give up some more tommorow.

Checked out myspace/klipschgirl. Impressive. Never spent much time there but I will have to start checking in. BTW......Goodfellas is on AMC at 8:00 tonight[:)]

Pulp Fiction is one of those movies that I can always watch. Here is a link to a short version that pretty gets gets the gist of the story line.

Warning: You probably don't want to open the link at work or with the little ones around - they might hear a naughty word. [;)]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-rXEQ4twCo

Good link Sputnik. And HBOs favorite word too. Sopranos and Deadwood...must of used the word 25x/show[:$]