For those who hate the sound of Heresys...

pmsummer

I had Heresys for almost thirty years and am somewhat of an expert on them.[:P]

Those who hate Heresys have commited one or more of the following sins:

Placed then on stands up off the floor and/or pulled them out of the corners

Insisted on using mid-fi solid state amps instead of tube amps

Played them way too too loud

The Heresy tweeter is 3dB higher relative to the mid and low end than the rest of the Heritage because they are made to go on the floor in the corners. Their tweets are lower in elevation from the floor than the rest of the Heritage and the boost is to compenstate. Those that put them elevated up on stands are defeating the purpose of the tweeter boost and losing the low end as well.

The Heresys were first introduced in the mid fifties, no transisters around at that time -all tubes. They should be played with tubes only. Using 80's and 90's SS is asking for trouble.

Because of their efficiency many try to play the Heresy too loud just because it will do it. This is not the path to Heresy Heaven.

By the way, what was it they got in the original?

Far Side for the win! I really miss those cartoons.

I think it should say "Welcome to heaven, here's your Klipsch. Welcome to hell, here's your Bose"

Hilarious!

(In the original it said "Welcome to hell, here's your accordion.")

I had Heresys for almost thirty years and am somewhat of an expert on them.[:P]

Those who hate Heresys have commited one or more of the following sins:

Placed then on stands up off the floor and/or pulled them out of the corners

Insisted on using mid-fi solid state amps instead of tube amps

Played them way too too loud

The Heresy tweeter is 3dB higher relative to the mid and low end than the rest of the Heritage because they are made to go on the floor in the corners. Their tweets are lower in elevation from the floor than the rest of the Heritage and the boost is to compenstate. Those that put them elevated up on stands are defeating the purpose of the tweeter boost and losing the low end as well.

The Heresys were first introduced in the mid fifties, no transisters around at that time -all tubes. They should be played with tubes only. Using 80's and 90's SS is asking for trouble.

Because of their efficiency many try to play the Heresy too loud just because it will do it. This is not the path to Heresy Heaven.

By the way, what was it they got in the original?

Three excellent points.

I would add cheap jittery digital sources would only sound edgier with the tweeter attenuation up 3 db.

"The Heresy tweeter is 3dB higher relative to the mid and low end than the rest of the Heritage"

That statement is not correct.  The Heresy type E crossover has the exact same relationship between tweeter and midrange as does the Type A or AA in the Khorn or Lascala.  In all these cases, the midrange is attenuated 3 db in relation to the tweeter.

Bob Crites

Fini, "That is why you're not supposed to put Lascalas or Khorns on stands either."

Now that was funny... But you can stack split La Scala's, just put the bottoms on top of one another, and flip the top section upside down bringing the tweeters together,... MMMMMM trust me, is sounds wonderful for BIG events!

Colterphoto1, has done this outside at his house many a time!

I traded heresy's for cornwalls recently but got to hear them with tube amplification at the guys house

and it almost made me want to keep them! they sounded Soooooo Good with a tube amp.[:D]

If your ever in this neck of the woods, get ahold of me, and come listen to my set-up, we can do Heresy's with Tubes, and Solid State, and with and without a Sub Woofer.........you really got to hear them with Tubes and the Sub.........You won't believe they are Heresy's......Really not that far away, closer than you think...........